Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

Scared if Boyfriend sees you without make-up!

I am so self-consious of what I think my boyfriend would think if he saw me without my make-up on! I constantly put on layers and layers of foundation to cover my spots and scars and its depressing me because he has such PERFECT SKIN and I mean it he really does. Its so annoying! :cry: Does anyone here suffer the same? And do you leave your make-up on if you sleep round his place cos your afraid of what he'll think :mad: argh. I know I shouldn't do that but I have to!! :confused:

I know exactly how you feel. I think if he likes you he will like you whatever and if he doesn't he is not worth it. You are most probably worrying far too much.

Maybe a half way house would be to take your make up off but to cover up some of the red marks with cover up stick. This way it may give you the self confidence you need to make the first step.

Just my thoughts really!

Be happy and laugh a lot - wonders for your skin!!!

Yeah I think you're right. If he does see me without my make-up and doesn't like it he can stuff it! lol Think it might be a huge shock to him because as far as he knows i don't have that bad skin because its covered up in make-up all the time. Been with him for almost a year and for him to see my blotchy skin would shock him! lol. Never mind.

If youve been with him for almost a year, I dont think hes going anywhere. I know this sounds like somthing your mom would tell you, but its true, he loves you for YOU! Especially after this long! I mean, if you were dating for a month or 2 I could understand the fear b/c your still in the beginning phase where you are trying to put your best face forward and impress him, but after this long, you know he in this for the long haul and he loves you. I was afraid of scaring my boyfriend for a while, too, but I kinda got over it and now Ive never been happier. I feel so much more comfortable, and we've been together and happy for a little over 4 years now, living together for 3 years, and it would have been pretty hard for me to hide everything living together! I dont wanna live hiding in shame! He tells me Im beautiful no matter what, even when I wake up with my skin peeling off and my lips swollen so big (Im on Accutane). THATS what love is, so dont stress, Im sure he will appreciate your honesty if you go bare faced. It will let him know that you are comfortable with him and trust him! But, baby step might be the key, like Lara said, maybe go ALMOST bare faced, but cover up the big ones, and see how that goes. Good luck!

It is one of the hardest things you must probably will ever have to do but one of the most amazing things in life is pushing yourself to something you thought was the most scary. When you get there it is not scary at all. If you can do this think of all the amazing things you can do in life - education, work etc nothing will be unreachable for you. You are beautiful just remember that - re-train you mind! One of the contributing factors of acne is stress so believe in yourself and laugh loads!!!!

If he is less attracted to you or dumps you for not having perfect skin, he's not someone you want to be with anyway.

Relationships are about accepting others as they are, flaws and all.

It is one of the hardest things you must probably will ever have to do but one of the most amazing things in life is pushing yourself to something you thought was the most scary. When you get there it is not scary at all. If you can do this think of all the amazing things you can do in life - education, work etc nothing will be unreachable for you. You are beautiful just remember that - re-train you mind! One of the contributing factors of acne is stress so believe in yourself and laugh loads!!!!

i have to agree with that! =)

i mean you don't have to go bareskin... you can apply a little concealer or wear a lighter foundation or just some powder.

I know how you feel. I actually havent dated in a long time b/c of my acne. A couple weeks ago a guy in one of my classes asked me for my number. I actually gave it to him b/c he has seen me come to class with huge cysts on my chin and a forehead filled with little pimples so I figured he knows I have bad skin, even with the makeup you can still see if theres a bump. So last night we hung out, he cooked dinner for me :clap: and all in all we had a really good time. I was more nervous to kiss him not b/c its the first kiss but b/c I was worried my makeup would come off. Well I go to the bathroom and I cant believe it, my makeup on one cheek is almost all gone. I thought I would die. Then I just calmed myself down and said if hes really that shallow then I dont want him. He never said anything about it either.

Bottom line, he knows its there, I obviously know its there, and its not a big deal. It does not make me who I am and I am beautiful regardless.

And in your case, its been a year,youre lucky. Hes in it for you, b/c he cares for you as a person. Hunnybees post says it all.

Thank you for all your replies. I will try and stop worrying now! I will have to accept that I look terrible without make-up and so will he! Thanks again for your kind thoughts! I'll keep smiling :)

you should make this huge dramatic scene that you're in a hot tub and you take off all your makeup just for your boyfriend so he can see the "real you".. and then you both get all teary for being this honest and it ends with a passionate hug.

...just kidding. but if i had a bf who was so shallow that he would dump me because i have acne, i would say, screw him.

I am so self-consious of what I think my boyfriend would think if he saw me without my make-up on! I constantly put on layers and layers of foundation to cover my spots and scars and its depressing me because he has such PERFECT SKIN and I mean it he really does. Its so annoying! :cry: Does anyone here suffer the same? And do you leave your make-up on if you sleep round his place cos your afraid of what he'll think :mad: argh. I know I shouldn't do that but I have to!! :confused:

I used to be like that, but eventually I got over it.

If someone cares about you he/she won't freak out that you have no makeup on.

In fact, I think it's the other way around.

I think men are more disturbed by women who wear makeup to bed

and then wake up, jump out of bed, and slap on tons of makeup.

I think you should try to ease off the makeup one step at a time.

Take off your foundation, and wear some concealer where needed.

That way you won't feel completely naked and insecure.

Eventually you'll realize your boyfriend loves to wake up next

to his girlfriend who has messy hair and a clean face.

Besides, your face will love you if you wash off your makeup.

I always wash my face every night and keep my nightly routine

no matter where I am because it's so terrible for your skin to keep it on!

I have had convos about this numerous times with men

and all of them think it's strange when girls do that.

They end up complaining to me and other friends

that they don't know what the girl looks like under all the makeup.

Being comfortable with yourself is very sexy,

and all the men I know want to wake up next to

a bare faced girl who is comfortable with herself.

I think you are totally right achick but it's soooo hard. My boyfriend has never seen me without makeup on and I have been with him for seven months. Every night i wear makeup to bed and I know its the worse thing I can do for my skin but I just cant face it. He also has the most perfect skin and I know it wouldnt make a diference to him if i wasnt wearing it but i just feel so ugly and i know i would be trying to hide my face all night. i tried wearing just concealer to hide the big ones and i felt alright but i just started Dan's routine now and my skin is soooo red. :( Anyways just to let you know I feel the same but maybe we should both try taking it in little steps until we feel comfortable showing the people closest to us the way we really look. After all we know they love us for who we are and not what is on our face. Good luck with everything :D

Oh my dear, I feel the same way!!!

I even sometimes go to bed with makeup on *i know big no no!!* but sometimes i feel my skin is so... bad that i cant bare to let my bf see it the way it is.. all the scars.. and redness... i know i shouldnt feel this way,... but it is a confidence thing with me,.... he has always seen me with somewhat *perfect* even looking skin with the odd raised bump... we are often out on the water as well and i cannot put my head underneath the water for fear my makeup will come off.. iv never been able to get over my confidence issue.. other than when iv had clear skin (due to accutane) ... but such is life and u gotta deal with it which ever way u feel fit..

and i know, i know.. he should love me for who i am.. bad skin and all... but it really has to do with me and my preference and me feeling better by having a nice looking complexion.. it makes me feel better to portray a clear face to the world....

I used to get nervous around my ex, always worrying that my make-up would come off. Too much is never good, cuz u don't wanna ruin his favorite white shirt :D (didn't happen to me thank God, but some of my girlfriends had this accident)

This was all until we took a bath together, and of course all my make up came off in the steam. I was petrified, and he asked me what was wrong. I just mumbled that my skin looks like crap. Here's what my ex said (he's still my hero for this even though we're not together):

"Do u really think I care about a few zits on your face when I have u naked in front of me? Trust me, my thoughts couldn't be further away!" LoL

Of course, you can't always be naked together (unfortunately), but this broke my addiction to always obsessing about makeup around him. I became more at ease, and I could actually enjoy our time together w/o running to the bathroom every hour to reapply. Plus when you're that self-conscious all the time, it shows, and it is a big turn-off. Just imagine your b/f running to the mirror all the time to fix his hair! Eww

Guest money_mike

I don't mean to sound harsh Charlotte, but at least you're in a relationship. I'm 18 and i've never had a girlfriend, I have never even kissed a girl.

I don't mean to sound harsh Charlotte, but at least you're in a relationship. I'm 18 and i've never had a girlfriend, I have never even kissed a girl.

Hey Mike. I know you're right. This is my first relationship with a guy- and its been really hard showing the real me to him. I am sure you're a lovely guy and have a great personality. And I bet there is someone out there for you, I know everyone says that, but its 100% true you will eventually find someone you can be with for the rest of your life.

I know how this feels.... :(

I used to feel uggly if I didn't wear make-up but i found out that my boyfriend loves when I don't wear any make-up <this was when we were together for about 3 months yesterday was 9 months ..I stopped wearing liquid foundation and consealer and just used a dermatologist recomended powder over my daily acne cream and sunblock so my face wouldn't get oily and once in a while if i'm going out i'll use a little clear mascara light eye shadow and light dermatologist recomended blush I found that this helped out my skin, it doesn't break out as much.

I'm not scared cause I've never had a boyfriend/don't have 1 atm/ will never have 1

but when i sleep at my friends i sleep with make-up on

it's depressing, yeah.. :ninja:

I used to care what people thought, but now I don't care anymore. Everyone has seen my skin (no makeup) when it was at it's worst, and no one said anything. All of my friends have seen me without makeup when my acne was at its peak, and they don't really care. The guy i used to like has seen me without it too, and he didnt even notice/make a big deal out of it. You just need to have confidence in yourself and be happy in your own skin. Just have fun and stop worrying what people think. ;)

If he is less attracted to you or dumps you for not having perfect skin, he's not someone you want to be with anyway.

well said, I couldn't say it better myself

In the beginning of our relationship, I felt uncomfortable without face make-up on infront of him.

It's been over three years, now he's seen me many many times w/o make-up on. He thinks I look beautiful no matter what, he said a couple pimples aren't going to make me less attractive.

He accepts me for me, he loves everything about me, even my pimples and flaws.

That's why he's the guy i'm going to marry. You have to feel 100% comfortable infront on your boyfriend/husband. If you don't then you shouldn't be with that person.

In the beginning of our relationship, I felt uncomfortable without face make-up on infront of him.

It's been over three years, now he's seen me many many times w/o make-up on. He thinks I look beautiful no matter what, he said a couple pimples aren't going to make me less attractive.

That's why he's the guy i'm going to marry. You have to feel 100% comfortable infront on your boyfriend/husband. If you don't then you shouldn't be with that person.

:wub:

He sounds so sweet! I'm happy for ya.. :angel:

:wub:

He sounds so sweet! I'm happy for ya.. :angel:

he's wonderful, I couldn't be happier....thanks

My boyfriend seems to think putting on makeup is like self-mortification. When I used to wear a lot more of it when my acne was much worse (the whole concealer/foundation/powder/eyemakeup deal), he'd just look at me and say, "Why do you do that to yourself?" What a weirdo. Of course, he doesn't give two shits about how he (or anyone else) looks, so he doesn't really understand that I care if I leave my room with a face full of bright red swollen pimples. I don't think he's a big fan of me doing my regimen every morning and night either, but I've been happier with how I look so he doesn't try to tell me that I don't need to do it the way he told me I don't need to put on makeup.

I guess moral of the story is I somehow ended up with a guy who not only has seen me without makeup, but gets annoyed when he catches me with it on.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I don't care if my boyfriend sees me without makeup. Then again my skin isn't nearly as bad anymore since I'm on meds. I still have the red marks and everything though. I just quit the meds and I won't start accutane till the 3rd week in may so I'm worried it'll come back. He's seen some of the other stuff about my body I hate (stretch marks, scars and other stuff) and he still thinks I'm beautiful so I know he doesn't care as much about it.

I have had chronic, bad body and facial acne for years, and my boyfriend of 4 years has never been bothered by it. He has perfect clear skin, a body like the statue of David! haha! and was always very popular in school, and athletic. So he could have a girl with flawless skin if he wanted, and has dated very good looking girls like that in the past. Im telling you this because you should know that there are people out there who really care about their girlfriends no matter what. He will only date a girl if he likes what is on the inside. I hope that people will find relationships that forgive anything and everything. It is necessary! Humans have so many flaws and going into relationships with very high expectations on the other person and/or of course with shallow expectations, will doom the relationship from the start. A healthy relationship grows, even if from the bottom. If you start at the top, you can only work your way down together! I hope I am not so corny right now, just sharing my opinion! It did take me a little time to feel comfortable enough to show him my body acne, but if you are together for about 6-8 months and you don't feel the comfort and freedom to show him, it may not be a good situation anyway.