Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimjoonya

REALLY BAD UNCONTROLLABLE CRYING SPELLS.......

I am 29 and probably one of the most macho mother fuckers I know. I just had a complete breakdown in front of my wife and 2 daughters. Very scary and I could not control it. No clue why ...and this has never happened before tane. I cried like someone died. Shaking and everything. I couldn't even talk. ALTHOUGH...I am by NO means suicidal. I would never consider it. Not optional.

I have been on this shit (40-2x a day) for 4 months and 3 weeks. My derm told me go another month. (The first 2 weeks I took 1 every 2 days to adjust so I have been on for 4 months solid). I don't have side effects (nosebleeds, headaches etc...) The only problem I have had is really bad joint and muscle pain. Especially in my knees, feet, heels, and back. I still get pimples here and there.

I take percocet a few times a day for the pain. My doctor said it is low in Tylenol (325mg) so I don't have to worry about any extra stress on my liver because a person could theoretically take 4000mg a day. I eat right and work out.I am fortunate, have a good life and love my wife and kids.I don't know why I am feeling so fucking down?!?!?

If anyone has any info...PLEASE HELP! Should I stop now?Will stopping a early make the last 4 and a half months a waste? I really want to stop now. I am having a really hard time on this shit with the joint pain and depression symptoms(again, not suicidal). But I don't want these past months to be a waste. Will they be?

Depression is a possible side effect of Accutane. Sometimes, a reduction in dosage can alleviate the symptoms.

It's important you discuss this with your doctor immediately so that he can either adjust your dose or put you on an antidepressant.

Hang in there.

And be careful with that percocet. As you know, it's a highly addictive narcotic.

Call your doctor now or first thing tomorrow and do not take this lightly.

I already did. He cut the dosage in half...but I just don't wanna do this anymore. Is 4 months a sufficient course? As opposed to the 5 I am prescribed?

(btw, tylenol in a normal dose is not toxic and will not put your liver in undue stress but Too much tylenol, regardless of accutane or not, can be toxic -- 4000mg is toxic. Do not exceed the daily recommended dose on the instructions on the bottle.)

----------------------------------

Well, it is most effective when done for the full 6 months. Success rate for men is really high -- but if you feel you just can't tolerate it anymore and that you are fine with your skin, then you should stop. Besides, you have recieved a certain amount of treatment in the four months you've been taking it, so it hasn't been a waste.

There are other options that are more expensive but will most definitely not cause depression.

Hang in there and remember you and your health are more important -- Go give your wife a hug and let her hold you. I know it's hard but there is help. Make sure you call your doctor right way, okay?

I probably end up taking 1000-2000 a day at the most depending on the pain. (Is that bad?)Not something I like to do, but the pain is sometimes unbearable in my back. I already have arthritis from a previous injury, and my joints are already fucked up from years of powerlifting.

I should be okay, right? I mean if I hade organ damage I would have yellow eyes or blood in my pee or something right?

Not to be pesty, but I assume u know a little about this stuff.

Extra strength Tylenol capsules are 500mg each, so a normal adult dose of two capsules is 1000mg. The bottle says not to exceed more than 8 capsules in a 24 hour period and that's 4000mg so I was wrong, your doctor is right, but I still wouldn't take that much. The percocet could be contributing to your downer feelings too.

I suffer from migraines and take imitrix for them. I also have a Rx of vicodin as a back up.

However, it's the weakest dose you can get and a Rx of 12 pills lasts me about 6 months.

But, I do know for a fact, that narcotics are highly addictive.

I would think that, and ask your doctor to be sure, you could take Advil for the joint pain as it's an anti-inflammatory. You can take advil with the tylenol and percocet if you have severe pain as they do not ineract with eachother. I could take Advil for headaches when I took Accutane but just double check with your doctor.

I thought about that. But I took them for a while after a shoulder surgery and all they did was make me feel good...lol...

I'm not addicted(I don't think) because I can go days without them. But the last couple months have been pretty steady. I get alot of pains in my side and I freak out about my liver and kidneys and stuff because I'm taking this stuff AND accutane. When I ask my doc about it he says I am a hypochondriac, throws the daily allowance of tylenol in my face, and says that the side aches are the tendons above my hips. I guess he is right because it gets worse when I sit down too long or lean to my side toolong. He hit that right on the head. He tells me that I am fine and to stop worrying,

anyway...I just get freaked out about that kinda shit. And now I am crying like a baby too?

I think you need a new doctor. He sounds like a jerk and I can't believe he is taking your pain and pain management with strong narcotics on a regular basis so lightly! Are you being prescribed the Accutane through your regulare inept doctor or are you seeing a Dermatologist?

When I ask my doc about it he says I am a hypochondriac, throws the daily allowance of tylenol in my face, and says that the side aches are the tendons above my hips. I guess he is right because it gets worse when I sit down too long or lean to my side toolong. He hit that right on the head. He tells me that I am fine and to stop worrying,

anyway...I just get freaked out about that kinda shit. And now I am crying like a baby too?

Mostly in both my sides, above the hipstoward my back.Radiating out from the spine sometimes.No stomach pain or anything. A little cramping if I gotta take a big dump. . Couple cups of coffee and a smoke or 2 in the morning usually takes care of any of that. The pain is bad if I am leaning to one side too long or sitting in a car for more than 20 min. But really, I mean if you had problems with any of these wouldn't you have symptoms other than just pain....i.e. feeling sick or headaches or yellow eyes or blood in the stool or urine.

Also, if you do damage these organs while on all this stuff, does it heal when you stop?(This topic is interesting and keeping me from crying again...pretty rediculous huh?)

Oh yeah, hurts more on the left side.

Your blood tests would indicate liver damage. Two of the tests they do are highly sensitive and will increase if there are any issues; one is specific to liver function only and one is more general -- a bruise could potentially skew the results. If your monthly blood tests are within the normal limits, it is doubtful there are any issues.

The pain you are describing is gasterointestinal and is probably a spastic colon. Back off the percocet a bit (it constipates), ease up on the cigs (just because), do not drink alcohol (it's a depressant as well as being hard on the liver), and eat healthy. Make sure you eat your veggies! And there is this really great fiber supplement called Benefiber you take daily that helps keep you regular -- it's effective and tasteless. It's not a stool softener or a laxative, just daily fiber supplement.

Well, this may go away when you stop your treatment, but I dunno if it's getting severe, this is really up to you man. I'm nearly 3 months done, and am getting nausea and acid reflux, and there's no way I wanna stop either after coming so far I know what you mean...hope you get better.

You said you are 4 months and 3 weeks in so you have 1 week to go(?).

Anyway, 4 months may be enough, but it mainly depends on your acne (before you started and now), family history of acne, whether you had body acne, at what age you first got acne and general randomness (ehm).

Personal story time:

I had the same experience as you. 25 years old, just beginning the 4th month of Accutane at 40mg/day. For the first time since teenage years I cried uncontrollably, in front of my girlfriend. Just as you described, shaking, weeping, unable to control it. That particular incident only happened once, and occured under intoxication (I'd had a few beers, nothing seriously, I was tipsy - at best). For the last two months of my Accutane course, however, I was "manic". Simple things would set me off; I could go from happy to sad, happy to angry, very unSpezza-like. I did not consider stopping Accutane, I was only a month and a little away from a full course - like yourself. So, with my last months course, I took double the dosage (80mg/day) every second or so day. Finished a little early and still completed my course. Something similar might be a solution for you. If your acne is a concern for you, finish your treatment (you are SOOOO close); you may never get a chance to "cure" your acne again. If your acne isn't a real concern in your daily life, save yourself and your family the emtional turmoil, and yourself the muscle pain, and just quit.

best of luck to you.

My actual end date is about May 22nd. I was only taking 1 pill every 2 days for the 1st 2 weeks because I was flushing and had to ease into it. You guys are right though. It is probably best if I finish. Thi is my one shot. I might as well tough it out though.

You are right though. I am suddenly like a fuckin emotional roller coaster. Paranoid about dumb shit...I have become a super hypochondriac. My derm cancelled my blood tests. (I guess they were that good that he didn't feel it was necessary to get them after 3 months). But now I am freaking out about my liver failing or something. I suppose I would have blood in my stool or urine or yellow eyes or........

Anyway, I am just fuckin freakin out all of the sudden.

I think that you should keep up with it. You're so close.

But I do think you should get the blood tests still. I'm supposed to get them every 3 weeks to monitor my liver...I'm suprised you haven't had one in 3 months. Maybe it would help you to see some sort of counselor or something? Your doctor sounds like a jerk who doesn't take you seriously. You are the patient, you are right.

Anyway, Good Luck with everything.

same here, i live in england, i had a blood test at the start but no more, i went monuth 1 and 2 on 40mg and bumped to 60mg mounth 3, and i dont think al b having another, is this wierd??

It's irresponsible for any doctor, in any country, not to do monthly blood tests to monitor lipids, cholesterol, liver enzymes/function, pregnancy...

What do these so called health care providers do when someone is found to have severe problems or liver damage or deformed fetus pregnancies after the fact, once the damage is already done?

How do doctors justify allowing the patient to self medicate without any proper guidance whatsoever?

I think there are a lot of doctors out there that prescribe it just because they can, not because they should. If it's not their area of expertise and they don't understand the nuances of how to treat someone with accutane, they should refer their patients to someone who does! What do they think they are doing playing God? For fucksake, it's not a magic pill that you can give an acne patient and have it magically cure all acne.

Do Oncologists just hand over prescriptions of cancer fighting drugs and say "have at it!" with no supervision, no explanation, no guidance? Fuck no.

No doctor should do that with any medication! It's incompetent, irresponsible, unforgiveable and very, very dangerous.

I hope every single doctor that has mis-treated the proper process of Accutane and provided poor care for their patients to the point of malpractice LOSE THEIR LISENCES, because they shouldn't be allowed to practice if they continue to put their patient's health at risk.

I stopped my accutane course 2 weeks earlier but mine was a different story.

My skin (especially my body) was so dry that I got tired and my face was clear. I hope i didn't make a mistake. At least I'm not breaking out ((2 months since that). I stopped taking antibiotics a few years ago, even when my doctor suggested to continue because of the joint pain. So I know it must be hard for you.

I think if you think you can't continue you shouldn't. Especially if you feel deppressed. The only thing is to analize if it is the accutane that is deppressing you or is all the emotions that acne can cause.

Well....

I am gonna try and stick it out. The back pain is kind of an annoyance. I already have arthritis in a couple of discs and that is probably worse because of the accutane. I am just starting to have trouble getting up on the morning because I am always tired. The pain. The depression. Why after 4 months is all this stuff just starting now?

Well....

I am gonna try and stick it out. The back pain is kind of an annoyance. I already have arthritis in a couple of discs and that is probably worse because of the accutane. I am just starting to have trouble getting up on the morning because I am always tired. The pain. The depression. Why after 4 months is all this stuff just starting now?

Tane is just kickin in mate.. I've been through the same boat as you.. Only my skin hasn't been getting that much better and Its still horrible.. 6 months here, one month left, higher dosage than you.. I can definately relate.. I wasn't like this a year ago...