Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Question. . .

I read about this online, but the main thing I'm wondering is if Dr. Sire's been doing this successfully for 10+ YEARS, why hasn't he published studies on it?

Many doctors are publishing studies after doing treatments for six months!

It does seem a bit odd.

That is also the problem I have been having regarding this procedure. It just does not make sense that he would not publish studies on a procedure he has been claiming success with in the past ten years.

Quick Question. . .

I read about this online, but the main thing I'm wondering is if Dr. Sire's been doing this successfully for 10+ YEARS, why hasn't he published studies on it?

Many doctors are publishing studies after doing treatments for six months!

It does seem a bit odd.

That is also the problem I have been having regarding this procedure. It just does not make sense that he would not publish studies on a procedure he has been claiming success with in the past ten years.

I fail to see it as a problem.

Jasmin, you are in CA, you don't have to travel far, you have been complaining about this for the past 6 month, by this time you would have seen great results.

Ive asked him about it actually, and he said that the medical world isn't as interested in such a simple low cost procedure. And it takes a lot to publish.

It's like, honestly, WE know a lot more than some derms do about things, but given that Dr. Sire is a fairly well-known dermatologist (i.e, very well known in SoCal and people have at least heard of his name nationally), how could other big derms not know of his success with the saline injections if we do?

It's just a bit odd.

Also, I do want to add based on the above that I AGREE most derms would definitely rather charge $1000 and up for Fraxel and the latest laser treatment du jour, but IF IT WORKS, a derm could charge whatever they wanted for the saline injections.

Honestly, if they can charge $500+ for Botox injections, why couldn't they charge at least that amount for saline?

hahah who cares if he publish this crap or not. if it works it works, and in this case it does. it makes me mad really, what jenya said is 100% correct. if you doubt this treatment then don't do it haha, but if you're a little curious, get off your butt and get it done. i didn't think it would give me 50-55% results but it did and it was crazy cheap and i'm glad i DID do it. plus the thing that hit me about about dr sire is he isn't like other derms. other derms are douches that pester you and push you into doing expensive treatments. i had to ask him for laser and even then he seemed to be on my side, saying it's not worth the money.

hahah who cares if he publish this crap or not. if it works it works, and in this case it does. it makes me mad really, what jenya said is 100% correct. if you doubt this treatment then don't do it haha, but if you're a little curious, get off your butt and get it done. i didn't think it would give me 50-55% results but it did and it was crazy cheap and i'm glad i DID do it. plus the thing that hit me about about dr sire is he isn't like other derms. other derms are douches that pester you and push you into doing expensive treatments. i had to ask him for laser and even then he seemed to be on my side, saying it's not worth the money.

Hi Jillin,

I really dont understand your anger. Maybe you have not been through a huge dissapointment with a treatment that actually made your scars worse. I guess after having success with a simple, cheap treatment it is not easy for you to empathize with those of us who are now hesistant due to being ripped off and let down by other doctors. When you wait for so long to treat your scars and then you go through a major procedure to end up with worse skin, it is scary to jump into a new procedure.

I am thankful you and others are reporting your results with these treatments and I will keep my eyes open for this treatment and the isologen threads.

Hi Jillin,

I really dont understand your anger. Maybe you have not been through a huge dissapointment with a treatment that actually made your scars worse. I guess after having success with a simple, cheap treatment it is not easy for you to empathize with those of us who are now hesistant due to being ripped off and let down by other doctors. When you wait for so long to treat your scars and then you go through a major procedure to end up with worse skin, it is scary to jump into a new procedure.

I am thankful you and others are reporting your results with these treatments and I will keep my eyes open for this treatment and the isologen threads.

Jasmin,

I dont think Jillin is angry, just excited. She found something that works and shes encouraging you to go out there and give it a shot. Its a relatively no downtime procedure with few side effects. Shes simply stating "instead of contemplating "what if", go out there and give it a shot."

The procedure is working for lots of people.

not really angry.. just trying to get my put across to you.. and i'm totally a dude.. seriously.. i have a penis.. you thought i was a girl?!?! is it because of how i structure my sentences? =[

not really angry.. just trying to get my put across to you.. and i'm totally a dude.. seriously.. i have a penis.. you thought i was a girl?!?! is it because of how i structure my sentences? =[

There really is little if any downtime with this procedure. Of course maybe some people will react to it stronger than others. But it is not something that is going to force you to stay inside your house for days.