Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am interested in this too, as there is little risk and low cost. Where are you getting yours done and how much money is each session? Thanks

tricia said:

I am interested in this too, as there is little risk and low cost. Where are you getting yours done and how much money is each session? Thanks

LostAngels,

What type of scars do you have?

Did the doctor tell you about any side effects??

I have several medium rolling scars on my cheeks and some smaller ones along my chin.

As for side effects, Dr. Sire said there are none that he knows of - he's been doing this for 15 plus yrs. I did my own research as well and found no signs of side effects.

saline injections are awesome aren't they? :D

Yes, they are. Who would've thought a relatively simple procedure would yield such noticeable results at little cost?? I sure did waste my $$$ on those non-ablative lasers. Thank goodness I found saline. :D

Hey, I did the saline injections with Dr. Sire a couple of years ago, and whatever results you see because of this are permanent. At least for me they have been. I did 7 sessions over three months and was very pleased. It certainly didn't erase all of my scars but it helped a lot. It completely removed some of the more shallow pits and helped a little, although not as much, on a couple of the deeper ones. I would definitely recommend the procedure to anyone who has shallow pitted scarring, for me at least it didn't help as much with the deeper scars. I paid around 600 for my 7 sessions, consult included.

"shallow pitted" is rolling scars mate.. i was a little shocked to hear someone not know the meaning of "shallow" ice picks are considered sharp defined scars that are deep -- like an ice pick =[

I have deeply indented stretch marks on my breasts after some major weight fluctuations and a birth control induced growth spurt. I'm wondering how this treatment might work for that. They're long lines that run up to about a couple inches. I don't think I'll be in Cali any time soon, so I'm thinking my local tattoo shop might be a good idea. I'm guessing I'd ask them to tattoo me following the lines?

"shallow pitted" is rolling scars mate.. i was a little shocked to hear someone not know the meaning of "shallow" ice picks are considered sharp defined scars that are deep -- like an ice pick =[

There is such a thing as shallow ice picks. My doctor tells me that the scarring on my cheeks is just that. And from what I understand, shallow icepicks are different than "scarred pores".

Grouping a continuum of scars into only 3 discrete labels (ice pick, box car, rolling) is obviously grouping scars that are very different. None of my scars are deep, but I sure have a bunch of different ones. So, I call the the very narrow ones ice pick and sometimes call them scarred pores, although I think there is a slight difference. That said, I know the classical description for ice pick is deep and narrow that comes to a point at the bottom. It's just a grouping label.

i don't think tattoo artists can do saline injections with tattoo guns.. i also don't think saline injections will do much for your case because what you have are stretch marks.

That is true, I guess for the coloring they won't change that. But what I have are deep inset ridges (I call them my Grand Canyons), since the skin there stretched so fast. If I run my fingers over them, you can actually feel the texture from skin to ridge to skin. I figured since this method "raises" the scar, wouldn't it raise the skin level in the ridges? At least then I could cover the coloring with makeup or bronzer.

For tattoo removal, they sometimes use a saline therapy but from what I understand this is more of a sanding from the top level of skin? I wonder if this method reaches the dermis (the middle layer of skin) where the stretch marks actually are.

Jillin said:

i would have probably killed myself by now.

Ahh I know exactly how you feel!

I am so glad some of you guys are getting this done! It is such a simple yet effective procedure.

Its been about a year since Ive done this, and my improvements have been awesome. I would say 95% and it is permanent.

I noticed great improvement after about 6-7 sessions and stopped at 9.

I had dr rullan subcise one really shallow scar and inject it with saline prior to the touch up and now it looks worse. If Dr. Sire has been having alot of success with this he should publish a paper on it.

I think it just helps build more collagen, it is just the act of constantly having your scar full with the saline over a period of time your skin will build around it plus the act of injecting it helps to break up scar tissue. I am tempted to try it myself but probably to chicken.