Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

complex15 moisturizer

I got this stuff the other day 'cuz people were rating it highly. It's pretty nice. I'm moisturized pretty well. The only thing is it turned me pretty darn red on my neck. I don't know if this is just short term though. Has anyone else tried this moisturizer with the regimen? If so, did you like it? It's misleading how it's packaged I must admit. It comes in a big box with a small tube inside (2.5oz.) for $7.50. Not only is it misleading, it's a waste of packaging and overpriced in my opinion. But anyway, at least the 2.5oz. is a nice 2.5oz. I think.

It gets great reviews, it's non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, fragrance free, oil free; pretty much anything you could ask for in a simple moisturizer. However, I found it just didn't get the job done in the moisturizing department--I was flaking again within 2-3 hours of applying it. It may have just been because it was during the winter months, I'm not sure, but it didn't even come close to Cetaphil, or a moisturizer with AHA. From what I can tell, though, your skin is pretty accustomed to the BP so maybe it'll be great for you :)

I bought some to try many months ago (late last summer or fall) after people were raving about it. It felt soothing going on, but it did not moisturize as well as the Eucerin Skin Renewal, imo. And no spf.

I use it on the areas of my face where I don't use BP and it moisturizes those quite well but it seems to be no match for the drying effects of bp cause if i use it on my forehead or chin it doesn't do anything, literally my skin is as dry as if i hadn't put it on at all. i mainly use it to put on my eyebrows cause they flake like crazy unless i put massive amounts of moisturizer on, even though i don't apply bp anywhere closer than 2 cm to them. it's actually really fucking weird.

interesting. My skin has been ok with it, but I've been loading it on. However, my neck is really red. I don't know what's up. Ok, well, thanks.

Guest Kaelynd

Its very good, I think. I just got it a couple days ago because my dermotologist reccomended it.

Dan, may I ask: why are you switching moisturizers? Did something go wrong with the Eucerin? Also, you're still gung-ho on making your own moisturizer right?

the less stuff you use on your face the better you are off garantee.if its turns your face red theres an ingredient in it you should most definitly not use it on your faceor an AHA in it which also makes your face red...it wont top either.if you dont have dry skin dont use any moist. but if you are using bp you need one with a light sunscreen.read around alot though first.make sure it doesn't cause acne for people.

Is there a difference between the Body Lotion and the Facial moisturizer? The labelling is very similiar...hypo allergenic, oil free, fragrance free, etc.

I saw them both for the same price, so I'd prefer to buy the body lotion since it comes in 300 mL, vs the 100 mL Facial moisturizer.

Guest Kaelynd

Is there a difference between the Body Lotion and the Facial moisturizer? The labelling is very similiar...hypo allergenic, oil free, fragrance free, etc.

I saw them both for the same price, so I'd prefer to buy the body lotion since it comes in 300 mL, vs the 100 mL Facial moisturizer.

Yes there is a difference. i noticed the saem thing so I asked the pharmicist.

The face one (100ml) is a cream -- so its more concentrated

and The body one (300ml) is a lotion so its more like watered down.

I bought the face cream & I use it all over my body just because the cream will

moisturize more so than the lotion will.