Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jeeeeeeeennnnnnn, where are you??????

Is this thing on?? :)

Seriously, is everything ok hun?

Paul

Im alive guys!!!! Sorry I havent posted in what seems like forever! Although I think my everyday or other day posts were a little too much lol.

Okay so I have another 1 month and 2 weeks to go! (counting down now)

My skin is looking great! I still about 4-5 pimples a week, but they are incredibly small and go away quickly. I am still hoping to stop getting new spots soon, because i want to end this thing clear! But other than that, my red marks are fading nicely. I have been getting really bad skin rashes on the backs of my arms. Also I got a huge rash from my back to the backs of my legs... went to the derm today and realized its from the pool chair by my pool... my dad cleaned it with bleach and since my skin is super sensitive right now... i reacted horribly.. but i have cream and it will go away soon enough.

I only wash my face 1 time every day. Its always at night and i smother my face with olay lotion and then when i wake up its as smooth as baby skin for the rest of the day. I am so much more confident with my friends and anyone i run into. I can actually go out during the day now without makeup, and not think twice about it...

I dont even worry about my skin anymore! And i love not having that dreadful itchy feeling all the time too! I am extremely anxious to end my course and move on with my life "acne free" I can only hope that this time it will be permanant! I hope everyone else is doing good on there treatments and ill try to update more often!

p.s) sorry there arent any cute faces or font sizes... my computer is being funky and none of them are showing up for me to click! Oh well... ill do better next time :)

Lift-off!! lol Congrats on only having a little over a month left. :dance:

Hopefully, by the time you finish you won't have any more outbreaks. :cool:

Sorry to hear 'bout your rash. I got a rash on my legs a few weeks ago. It's so crazy how sensitive our skin really is while on 'tane.

Well, keep up the wonderful progress! :wub::D

Hey Jen,

I'm sooooo happy for you :clap:

This Accutane stuff works doesn't it? :doh:

How are your test marks doing, fading?

hugz,

Paul

1 more month!!!

Hey Guys! Sorry I havent been posting, I dunno if its that ive been so busy or that ive just been so frustrated with my skin that I am waiting for it to get better lol. Well in the past week I got a mini breakout. 2 on my inner cheek, 5 on my forehead, and like 4 on my nose... weirdest thing is those are the places that I NEVER break out on... even before accutane. My acne was mainly around my jawline, outer cheeks, and chin. So what I am thinking is that maybe the medication is just pushing the last little clogged pores that I had. And of course they arent anything big, red marks barely raised and not painful at all, they dry up and go away within a couple of days.

I know the medication is working but I want to at least be clear for a couple of weeks with absolutely 0 pimples coming out before ending accutane. I go to my derm on tuesday for a blood test so i will tell him how i feel and see what he says. I am doubtful that hell allow me to continue 1 more month because it was a nightmare trying to get him to prescribe it in the first place. And he denied the upping the dose to 60mg last month too. Maybe I can just do a 20 mg dose for a 6th month. Let me tell you though, i DO NOT want to be on this stuff anymore... the chapped lips, and dry flaky skin, and dryness of eyes, and everything it has caused me (pink eye, a terrible rash on the back of my legs) BUT i also want to get rid of this acne once and for all! And I didnt go thru 5 months of hell to get it back.. so whats 1 more right?

After accutane I am def going to use retin-a micro. I am going to ease my way into it.. probably do it every 3 days or so. But i learned my lesson from last course.. even though i didnt really break out after, it was more like 4 years later when i quit the BC i was taking. Oh! And def continuing yasmin BC.. i am going to do everything imaginable to keep this horribe disease from making me miss out on anything else in my life.

So i am praying that was my last little breakout... I am also starting to take accutane with a little more fat than usual.. i dont care if i gain a couple of pounds, i just want to be sure i am getting the full amount.

oh and something else interesting is that i calculated my first course, and it came up just short of the 125 minimum requirement.. it was like 119 or something. My derm is an idiot, he wanted to give me the same dose this course but i convinced him to do 50 not 40 :snooty: Also before my lifestyle was pure crap! I never exercised (unless you count walking in the mall lol) I ate fast food, tons of ice cream and sugar, no fruits/veggies.. it just wasnt anything to bragg about :doh:

Okay so im going to stop rambling away now, but overall im hanging in there and hoping for the best! Thanks to everyone that is still checking up! I hope your happy with your progress and course! ;)

Go Jen Go!

Tell that derm to get his act together! Yes, I would agree that a month of completely clear skin would be a good grand finale. :clap: I think in my last month I may have had a couple of really tiny pimples, but for all practical purposes it was very clear and I felt ready to be done.

You will soon be saying goodbye to all those nasty side effects. It took two or three weeks for most of them to go away for me.

P&W

Jen,

I think 1 month with NO acne is important before stopping Accutane, my derm was pretty clear on that (no pun). So I would be pretty aggressive with my derm about that and I think he'd go along - its just common sense really.

In my opinion, the Accutane still has some work to do otherwise you would not be breaking out ..... its working of course, its just not finished yet!

Good luck hun ......... hang in there.

Paul

I just picked up my last month's supply!!!! No More IPLEDGE!!! :dance:

I am so excited that I only have 1 more month left! And I hope I dont get one single spot! My derm said that its only taken for a specific amount of time and doesnt go by when you stop getting pimples or not because it continues to work after your last pill... which i knew already.. but I still think if im breaking out in the last week, i should continue, but what can ya do with a stubborn derm? :mad:

I am loving my skin! Its soooo soft and smooth! And the red marks are practically gone!

Well just wanted to post and i hope everyone has a great day! :D

Woohoo! Less than 1 month left. :clap: I am so happy for you! I remember when I was debating going on accutane, your log was one of the first ones I read. Now I'm on day 5 and loving it so far. Good luck!

Hey Jen, im 2nd course aswell and have been taking this stuff for about 3 months now with 2 months left, ive had about 2 weeks with no new acne but then i get just like you like a raised red small patch that goes but still, like that shouldnt be happening right!? i dont want to take this crap again!

Hey friends! Thanks for keeping up with my log more than I do! HAHA!

I have 3 weeks left!!!!!

Im kinda getting nervous of coming off these little miracle pills. But at the same time, I am really looking forward to getting my skin back to normal consistency. I have like 3 layers peeling off a day and not to mention my poor red lips lol... def not needing lipstick nor lip enhancers :lol: One thing that ive been taking for granted is my hair... it is never oily.. and the ladies know how great it is not to have to wash long hair, blow dry, and straighten EVERYDAY!! :clap:

As far as my skin goes:

Its been OKAY.. I am still getting the occasional teenie tiny bump that pops up and goes away the next day. Im thankful im not getting painful active ones though! Yet I am having blood work in 3 weeks and i figured im going to ask my derm for 1 more month... Hey! its worth a shot right? And I may not even decide to take it fully but it will make me feel 10 times better knowing that I have them at hand... CRAZY i know! :wacko:

So 3 more weeks... its a feeling of excitement and nervousness. What if it comes back? That has been going thru my mind lately. But, at least I got the opportunity to take it again and if I break out again then il have to figure something else out. I do believe in maintaince (since i didnt my 1st course) and i think im going to use green cream which contains a retinol. I was planning on retin-a.. but i dont want to have to worry about the redness, dryness, irritation, etc. So green cream it is! Hopefully it keeps me clear! :pray:;)

Even though its not over yet... I wanted to thank everyone that supported, helped, and just simply visited my log! I could not have done it without you guys! I genuinely appreciate everything! Lots of love :wub:

Cheers, Jen!!! You look great (as always)! I'm hoping I only have 20 days left as well but I won't know for sure until I see the derm on the 29th. Please, please let me be done with this...

Tanya