Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Day 78

Hey Gang! WOW there are so many new ppl on here! I cant keep up anymore! But that means that a bunch of people are going to have clear skin :dance:

Anyways, my skin is looking better. Although I do have a huge whitehead on my right upper cheek. It has been hanging out there as a skin colored bump for about 2 months and now its coming out.. so im pretty happy about that! I noticed a very small bump with a white tip on my outer right cheek but its nothing :rolleyes: My forehead is smooth, chin has like 2 skin colored bumps i noticed pop up on the right side and the left side of it has had 2 bumpy kinda red things for a while now. My neck has calmed down a bit except the last one that exploded never went away and now it seems like a lump just sitting on my throat... weird!

As far as side effects go, I upped my dose of vitamin E and I have noticed an improvement in my dry chappy lips! :pray: thank god! My skin on my entire body has been so itchy lately and i have been getting rashes here and there. I have been dealing with warts on the inside of my right leg for about 5 years now and they are really inflamed and itchy now... I have 2 weeks till my blood work but i may make an appt.. either tomorrow or tuesday to get them taken care of because they are really irritating me.

So im halfway thru my treatment and a happy girl! I am pleased with the results so far even though im still breaking out.. i think im responding really well.. i may ask my derm to up me to 60mg.. well see what he says lol..

Well thanks for reading and i hope you all have a great week! Keep your chin up! :D

Pic from thursday night!

I'm new to this thread, Jen, and looking at the final picture with you and your friend, I absolutely cannot tell which one of you is just wrapping up a course of Accutane.

ES

I'm new to this thread, Jen, and looking at the final picture with you and your friend, I absolutely cannot tell which one of you is just wrapping up a course of Accutane.

ES

Sorry Hun! I should have specified more clearly. I am on the left in the pic. And i wish i was finishing up but its only halfway thru! Thanks for all the luvvv! :wub:

congrats on the skin! It looks awesome! I hope that you continue to have such great luck!!

Taren

Hey Friends! Thanks for all your support and nice words!

I went to see my derm today but only for my warts. I have had these friken things for like 5 years now on the inside of my leg! Its so annoying, but its a virus so my body has to defeat it for it to go away! FIGHT please :mad: He uses this electric shock thing that hurts like H-E double hokey sticks! lol

So my huge whitehead that came out on my upper right cheek scabbed off and i kinda gave it a little pick or two off :shhh: I had too!!!! it was disgusting! I dont think my friend could have looked at it while trying to eat :sick: My forehead has a slight bump on the left side that will probably turn to nothing. But I am concerned about my cheeks because they are not smooth, but kinda bumpy and im hoping nothing comes out big there! My main thing is that i dont want anymore redmarks!

I have school tonight and my group is due to present our powerpoints. I am kinda nervous but trying not to freak out or anything. I just got starbucks and i go there so darn much that the guy just doesnt charge me anymore.. isnt that funny? When I get off this medication, i am going to need to cut out this sugar and caffeine wayyyy back! I dont want to give my skin any reasons to relapse.

Anyways, im bringing my laptop to my 3 hour class tonight so i will be back for sure then! :lol:

hahaha that starbucks guys probably wants you ;)

and i know what you mean about whiteheads....they are so annoying and RIGHT there you have to pick them! i dont blame you at all !

Hi jen

I also can't stand whiteheads.. ^_^

I feel like squeezed it out.. haha..

Well... agree with everybody here.. you do look great and sweet.

May be that's why they call it miracle drug.

Have a great day.

Hi cute jen!

I've been meaning to pop in for a long time.... you were such a sweetheart in my log awhile back and I just wanted to let you know what a great gal I think you are. I love checking in to see how you're doing.... you seem like such a genuine and sincere person. Thanks for hanging out here... the accutane forum has benefited from you and all of your research, comments etc... All my best! Love ya girl! :D L

Lauren: HAHA.. when i go, i am wearing zero makeup, hair thrown up, and scrubby clothes so i doubt it.. but hey free coffee :dance:

Corrine: Your so sweet! I have to pick the whitehead because my mom wouldnt have been able to eat her lunch staring at it... haha, i was sorta proud of it though because it had been sitting there foever and it was finally coming out and that means going away!!!!

Browneyes: Awwwww thanks! I am going to stick around on here for a while... i feel like i have gotten so much support and help from people on this board and i want to give that back and much more!

Today is DAY 84!!!

1 more week till I reach the 3 month mark!!!!!! My skin is doing okay.. i have a big red mark from the previous whitehead on my right upper cheek. And my sides of my chin have skin colored bumps that are just kinda sitting there. My chest was peeling soooo bad yesterday! I think i must have rubbed like a coupole of layers off lol... oh! and i cant shave my legs because of these stupid warts, so i went to veet it (removes hair) and omg i thought i got a 1st degree burn! it felt like my leg was on fire after 5 minutes!!! ahhh! its okay now :) Other than that, my lips are the only thing really bothering me. When I go for blood work next week, i am going to ask him to upp it to 60mg. Mind as well go out with a BANG lol.

Last night i didnt do anything. Friday night what a loser lol. Just kidding, i actually took the night to pamper myself so that felt good, and today i have decided that i am going to do some serious shopping! ill call it back to school shopping haha, even though im already taking a summer class :shhh:

You know something that i have learned through this whole thing? Dont worry about what others think of u!!! I used to refuse to go to the grocery store or my beloved starbucks because of my skin. Now if i have a humongeous whitehead on my cheek i dont think twice to go... because you know what? if they dont like it then screw them! We shouldnt have to feel like an outcast or mutant because of the fear of what others think. We are all awesome in our own ways and we need to start believing that!

Have a great weekend my friends! :wub:

Hope you had a good weekend! And sorry about the leg burn....... at least those warts aren't on your face! :confused: Go kick some HPV butt!! I hear that Tagamet, Efudex or Retin-A can help for those.

You know something that i have learned through this whole thing? Dont worry about what others think of u!!! I used to refuse to go to the grocery store or my beloved starbucks because of my skin. Now if i have a humongeous whitehead on my cheek i dont think twice to go... because you know what? if they dont like it then screw them! We shouldnt have to feel like an outcast or mutant because of the fear of what others think. We are all awesome in our own ways and we need to start believing that!

Preach it, sista! :clap:

I came to the same conclusion, as well! I'm almost to the 4th month like you! :wub:

Jen - glad you are doing so well. Yeah to your pampering night. Everyone needs one of those from time to time. :D You look great in your last picture!! Have a great week.

Day 87!

Hey guys! WOW almost 3 months! Im getting exctied here lol! Yesterday I developed a stye on my eye so its really annoying and its already dry enough with this accutane. The dryness and skin sensitivity has been making the backs of my legs break out in some sort of rash... im planning on asking him on friday for my blood work. You know my first course four years ago was gruesome with the breaking out in pimples, and this one seems like im having to deal with more nonacne related problems. Guess its both just as annoying except id rather have the clear skin ;) I am still asking him about upping the dose and i figure if its too much for me, ill just regulate the dose, as long as they give me it in 20 and 40 pills.

My skin is looking great! The last 2 skin colored bumps on the right corner of my mouth have decided to come out which makes me happy. I noticed that all the whiteheads i had before accutane and in the beginning have turned angry and red and then went away. But when i notice a whitehead now, it just hardens and goes away nicely without inflammation. So those were the last of em i hope! :pray: I am developing this love hate relationship with this medication. Love the clear skin and dry hair, hate the dry itchy skin, peeling lips, anxiety, etc. But what can ya do? Im going to have a love love love love for it in the end haha. My red marks are looking better and better each day and im able to look in the mirror and not want to cry now :D Anyways, i really should be studying! I have a 10 chapter exam tonight! Ahhhh :doh:

Oh! And new pic from last weekend! (im on the right, happy with clear skin :cool: )

Day 92

You guys! Its been 3months now! Yayyy! :dance: It feels good to know that you are more than halfway thru the course.. and i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! However I have not completely stopped getting acne. Im almost positive that all the skin colored whiteheads i had before starting accutane have all reared their ugly heads, but i am still having small ones here and there pop up. It kinda freaks me out because i automatically think its going to blow up to a pustule.... but they usually go away.

So basically right now, my forehead is clear but 1 or 2 grainsized spots pop up sparatically. My cheeks are kind of doing the same thing. In the areas that I had broken out really horribly prior to tane, it appears to be a little bumpy in texture and one on my left cheek turned really red but its still flat. My chin is popping out small red bumps that kind of just sit there and then slowly go away. My neck is also getting bumps but nothing painful or inflammed. I am sort of concerned whether i should still be breaking out at this point although i know it must be working because the spots are nothing compared to what they used to be. My derm rejected my idea of increasing to 60 mg. He said that i should not exceed the maximum dose which is 1mg for every kg of your body weight. The only thing is that I am 50kg and the first month I was only on a 40mg dose. I forgot how to calculate it.. i guess ill do a search later :cool:

Anyways, My lips are BAAAADDD! They peel about 4 layers a day! It is quite embarassing because it is not like i can use the cold weather as an excuse. Other than that, my skin has been super super sensitive to everything. The backs of my legs break out in rash whenever I get hot and sweaty, and my arms are extremely dry. But I am however enjoying the washing my hair once a week thing! :razz:

I went out with my friends and one in particular that drinks like a fish. And yah i had too much to drink to where i felt it this morning... uugggh i hate that! But i still managed to get my school paper done. Its quite funny something that i have noticed. Ever since acne hit me i have completely changed.. from being that confident, outgoing person i was to becoming so self conscious of myself.. i couldnt engage in a normal conversation because it was so hard to pull my thoughts together while at the same time having a voice in my head saying "they are probably looking at that big red pimple on you cheek" Anyhow, last night i drank to the point where i did not care what anyone thought... and i just kinda forgot about all of my flaws. Let me tell you... I became the "Social Butterfly" of the group.. everyone seemed to love me, and i had so much fun... i know that is how i truly once was without needing to be intoxicated. I am hopeful that i will soon get that person back and grateful that accutane has given me that chance :angel:

My updates always seem to end in something mushy! Sorry guys! I guess I am getting that emotional side effect too.. oh well :rolleyes: Have a great week everyone with no new pimples! ;)

OK Jen, I'm the math guy, so I'll help you out. The recommended cumulative dose is 120 to 150 mg/kg. Since you weigh 50 kg, you need to take 120*50 to 150*50 mg total dose, which is 6000 to 7500 mg of Accutane.

In your first month, you took 30*40= 1200 mg of Accutane

In your second month, you took 30*50=1500 mg of Accutane

In your third month, you took 30*50=1500 mg of Accutane

This is a cumulative dose of 4200 mg of Accutane. You are more than half way there!

You need another 1800 to 3300 mg of Accutane to hit the goal, so you need to take another 1800/50 to 3300/50 days of Accutane, which means you will reach the goal in another 36 to 66 days.

If you shoot for the top end of the range, you'll be at 150mg/kg on day number 156!!! On the low end of the range, you'll be at 120 mg/kg on day number 126! That's only about a month away.

It looks to me like a five month course should do it for you, but of course your derm is the final authority.

I hope this helps. I like numbers!!! They never lie...

P&W

Hey P&W! Thanks for the calculating it for me!!! Yeah so i guess if i continue the next 2 months on 50mg ill be at a total of 147kg so thats perfect! :D

I feel better now! Thanks hun! :cool:

Hey, Jen!

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your lips. Mine are getting pretty bad too. I looked in the mirror today and at half glance, I thought they were bleeding. But it works out that they weren't. :doubt: I have a habit of pulling at the loose skin. I know it's gross but it's something that I do. lol

Woohoo!!! 3 Months!!! I'm almost done with my third one.

I'm a little concerned about my hair though. Some days it seems like it's thinning, and other days I can't tell. I have a dermatology appointment tomorrow, so I'll ask her about it. Well, keep up the great work, hon. You're lookin' good, by the way. :wub:

I too have become a "lip picker" :( Its so gross!!!! I now freak out if I dont have certain chapsticks or aquaphor around me 24/7.