Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Word on the street is the lounge is going to close is this correct?

Here is why it shouldn't.

1.Many members beat acne with this sites help, they get bored just helping others with nowhere to speak to the people they met on the way.

2. It might be easier to shift the lounge in the chat facility but tere are members from all over the world. A messageboard is the only one that would work.

3. Quite frankly it is not that bad

4. I hate emo dont make me go in there

5. A lot of members on this board use it as some sort of support network, a high proportion of members are bullied at school etc and not only come here for acne advice but social skills and a way out. The lounge is important.

6. I hate emo

I'll be adding to this list throughout the week.

P.S i'm not trying to whine, honest, its just there is a good community here and its not as easy as jus going to another board. We are all here because we have something in common.

Guest Tenshi

i cant imagine it closing..if it does then it wont be the end of the world either..but it would be a damn shame..there are over 324,000 replies in the lounge...it's basically more popular then any other thread here...and i think that's because it doesnt feel strictly acne, acne, acne..

If the lounge did close, i can imagine acne.org not being so popular as it is now..and everyone would complain for months and months why it was closed just for it to be either A) opened up again or B) basically less posts to the point of giving up and finding another place to post.

there has been no "official" talk of closing the Lounge, only opinions expressed regarding the issue.

We just put the Vet rule back in place this week.

If you all will just calm down and be nice in there, this subject would not need to be coming up every week.

5. A lot of members on this board use it as some sort of support network, a high proportion of members are bullied at school etc and not only come here for acne advice but social skills and a way out. The lounge is important.

Halleluyah. :clap:

Guest Tenshi

there is a lot of good and sometimes questions in the lounge that has good advice...im tired of hearing how the lounge is some dirty sess pit..when its not that bad at all..

omg, anyone that learns Social Skills from the Lounge is learning from the wrong place!

social skills? those can only be leanred be going out.

now, social questions that would be awkward to actually ask someone are things that are lounge worthy.

It's a good sorta social network to talk casual stuff, get some relief from stress etc.

yes, it also helps to know each other!

I couldn't imagine this site without the lounge :cry:

omg, anyone that learns Social Skills from the Lounge is learning from the wrong place!

social skills? those can only be leanred be going out. now, social questions that would be awkward to actually ask someone are things that are lounge worthy.

Exactly my point. But the quote you put in your post was saying people learn social skills in the lounge.

social skills? those can only be leanred be going out. now, social questions that would be awkward to actually ask someone are things that are lounge worthy.

Exactly my point. But the quote you put in your post was saying people learn social skills in the lounge.

my bad, i mis-read the post. ;)

my bad, i mis-read the post. ;)

:D I kindof figured that might have been what happened! ;)

Hmm, it sucks I know.. but the reason for it closing wasn't you guys.. it was a trial thing but it was going well and some other circumstances caused the decision to close it, but not because the trial didn't work or that the n00b members went in and messed it up... it wasn't that.

I just want to clear that up.

there has been no "official" talk of closing the Lounge, only opinions expressed regarding the issue.

We just put the Vet rule back in place this week.

If you all will just calm down and be nice in there, this subject would not need to be coming up every week.

no but there has been 'unofficial' and as the only paid mod who thinks the lounge is a shit pit i presume you have more say than the others. I'm not griping about the vet rule at all, I think its great i'm sorry it went even on a trial basis.

I have calmed down a hell of a lot in the past few months and it really hasn't been coming up every week has it now. It is sad it even had to come up at all.

Also on the social skills front. I think people do. No one ever got cool by being mr/mrs nice guy whatever if you want to look at it that way. Look at members like brett..... he comes to the lounge for off topic advice about social skills. Do we help him? yes. Now dont tell me that isn't some sort of support forum.

I think I have equal say in matters Kat. Just like anyone else.

I happen to love Brett, and the questions he asks. But if you were to honestly look at some of the 'advice' he gets, it is mostly insults, with a few scattered actual helpful posts.

The Lounge has tons of potential, let's hope it can stay. I'd love nothing more than for the Lounge to stay here, as a POSITIVE part of this website. It is up to the members here.

Thats what I am saying, I have tried and its frustrating to see that I am getting shit for it. Actually some of the advice he gets has been getting better recently. Its very easy to see the negatives there are some great parts to this site. I just think what you and what others think is acceptable may be different. I'm not being harsh or rude with that, you and I both know we are very different people who wont see eye to eye on alot of things. It doesn't mean I dont understand your point of view at all. I'm just sat here frustrated that despite trying to behave myself I just get more and more shit for it. Makes you wonder what is that point.

Well Kat, no one at all has singled you out. You have hardly even been here lately. So I don't quite understand why you feel that way.

The Lounge is here,with the Vet rule in place, and that is how it will stay unless Dan decides otherwise.

When I said for you all to calm down and be nice, I wasn't directly speaking to you, as you have hardly been here at all.

Just speaking in general.

Guest PokaHotAz

the vet rule kicks ass! now i dont feel naked

Well Kat, no one at all has singled you out. You have hardly even been here lately. So I don't quite understand why you feel that way.

The Lounge is here,with the Vet rule in place, and that is how it will stay unless Dan decides otherwise.

When I said for you all to calm down and be nice, I wasn't directly speaking to you, as you have hardly been here at all.

Just speaking in general.

I havent been at the UG hardly at all, I have been here more often since access to .org and .co.uk sites are less restricted. I do feel singled out here since an awful lot of the reponses have been directed towards me. What I am trying to say is mods are banging on about how horrible the lounge is = dan is more inclined to close it. I think it would be a sad thing to happen.

I have no idea why you feel singled out. If responses have been made to you, it is because you were the one that started this thread.

And you are right, it would be a sad thing to happen if the lounge closed.

But the quality of the Lounge is only as good as the members make it.