Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

Meeting In LA

Hi... just wondering how many of you live in southern california or Los Angeles area.

I live in socal now and wondering if you guys want to set up a support group for eachother down here. We can meet up in person and talk and share stories?

what does everyone think?

yah good idea sanjoseskin I remember they had a Support group forum.... I wonder what happened to that ? Mods?

yah good idea sanjoseskin I remember they had a Support group forum.... I wonder what happened to that ? Mods?

BackNuts are you in Los Angeles?

I live in Dallas, but will be in San Diego in the next few weeks for a "touch up" on a procedure I had last fall. I'd love to pop in if you guys have a meeting! Also, san jose, I think I had the same procedure as you (exoderm) & I'd love to see you and swap notes since you seem to have had such a positive experience.

Hey PocketAces (aka Colin) and Dan T. and whoever else - do you guys want to start a group in Dallas? It can be like a "real" support group where you don't have to give your last name, etc. if you don't want to & we can meet in a public place. There is such a group in Washington D.C. and it has been very successful for the past 10 years or so & is still growing. I think it would be very helpful b/c we've all had so much experience in this field (well, I've had dermabrasion, exoderm, punch floats, millions of peels, microderm, etc. & used EVERY product including Tazorac & RetinA in EVERY strength, copper peptides, vitamin C, every conceivable sunscreen & home peel, etc. etc. etc.!!!!) I think I'd be a good thing - what do you guys think?

I live in Mission Viejo, not too far from LA. Let me know if you get something organized.

I live in Mission Viejo, not too far from LA. Let me know if you get something organized.

sounds good... lets spread the word aroud.... any other LA people?

I'm from Orange County.. Still haven't found a good derm. I use to go to Doctor Fulton, but he's the reason I have scars and he got sued and had to relocate. Not from me, but other people he had treated for acne.

I'm from Orange County.. Still haven't found a good derm. I use to go to Doctor Fulton, but he's the reason I have scars and he got sued and had to relocate. Not from me, but other people he had treated for acne.

Have you seen Dr. Fitzpatrick in La Jolla? He is very expensive but he is known as the king of lasers. He is as reputable as Tina Alster in Washington D.C. The consultations are free. I had an appointment this last Tues. but I missed it. It takes about one month to see him because he is booked.

So who here is from LA? How about meeting this weekend or sometime in the next couple weeks?

where would we meet?

I LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD......................BUT LIKE HIM/HER IM TOO AFRAID TO SHOW MY FACE

There is such a group in Washington D.C. and it has been very successful for the past 10 years or so & is still growing.

Whaaaaat...I didn't know there was a group in DC...do you know where I could get info about this?

So who here is from LA? How about meeting this weekend or sometime in the next couple weeks?

where would we meet?

I LIVE IN HOLLYWOOD......................BUT LIKE HIM/HER IM TOO AFRAID TO SHOW MY FACE

Maybe we can all wear masks to the meeting. :ninja::ninja:

No I haven't seen him yet. What do you think about my scarring?

I think your scarring does not detract much from your looks and you are lucky they are only located on those 2 lower areas of your face. I understand wanting to improve them though and how they might make you feel self conscious at times. What treatments have you been considering? One side is hardly noticeable. I have very shallow scars like the ones on that side but they are on my mid cheek combined with scarred pores so it looks much worse. How did Dr. Fulton cause your scars? A few years ago I was considering him also but I think his consultation fee was too high. Isnt he the one who invented Retin- A ?

If you do it some time in the summer, I might be around and could possibly show up, depending on when I go back down again. I don't have a car when I'm in the LA area, though.

Hey Blueeyesurfer. I was looking at your scars in your pictures, and you have good skin. If i had your scars i wouldn't even think twice about my skin. Even Britney Spears and Brad Pitt have more scars on their face than you do. I think subcision will prolly improve your scars dramatically. I wouldn't even be touching my skin if i had your skin.

Ok ....for the rest of you... why are you guys afraid to show your face? We are all in the same boat.

"extractions" as they called it caused my scarring. He got sued from other people from this. I only have scars where they extracted my zits.

i too am from southern california, so what is the best derm that you guys think is in los angeles or the so-cal area?