Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well finally my Light box arrived on Tuesday, :D/ ive been using it twice a day for 15 mins and already ive noticed my spots arent as red and angry looking,so i dont feel like i have to cover them all with concealer, although the leaflet says i wont notice any big improvement until 5 weeks. So far i love it.

I'll let you all know how its going. :D

Love 'n' huggles

Liz

xXx

The light box is a combination of red and blue light, the blue light kills any bacteria causing spots etc and the red light heals any scars.

In the UK its £200 for the Dermalux light box, u can find out more information on www.dermalux.co.uk

or if your in the US you can purchase the Acne lamp which comes in the form of a pod, 1 pod is $125, 2 pods are $175 and 3 pods are $220, information on that is on www.acnelamp.com.

Love Liz

xXx :D

Its not so much lazers so its not too bad, with the Dermalux lamp its 4 flourescent blue & red tubes and with the Acne Lamp its loads of blue and red LED's, from the research ive done for many months there is no damage to the skin, so far im impressed :D/ but im only into my third day, but i will keep you all posted with how its going.

Luv Liz

xXx :D

I was going to get the dermalux, but my friend had bought a new verilux happyskin on e-bay.It was much less expensive, and has an unbelievable money-back guarantee. We have been taking turns using it for about two weeks 15 minutes, twice a day and are starting to see good results.

Hi everyone. I am thinking of buying the dermalux as usualy my skin clears up in sunny weather but during the heatwave I think it made it worse or maybe it was just co-incidence. I believe that this light therapy works along the same principle so I'm now unsure whether to go ahead and purchase it in case I make the condition worse. Any advice.

PS There have been very good reports about this on other forums from regular users.

Well finally my Light box arrived on Tuesday, :-/  ive been using it twice a day for 15 mins and already ive noticed my spots arent as red and angry looking,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but do you honestly expect us to believe you've seen improvement in 2 days with a few 15 minute sessions in front of a light box? You are only seeing what you want to see when you look in the mirror. These blue and red light boxes are a LOT of hype. Good luck to you anyway...

Well finally my Light box arrived on Tuesday, :-/  ive been using it twice a day for 15 mins and already ive noticed my spots arent as red and angry looking,

Sorry to rain on your parade, but do you honestly expect us to believe you've seen improvement in 2 days with a few 15 minute sessions in front of a light box? You are only seeing what you want to see when you look in the mirror. These blue and red light boxes are a LOT of hype. Good luck to you anyway...

I dont necessary think it hype. I can only speak about the acnelamp but the others follow the same principles as the acnelamp. Why on earth would a company selling a product with a 90 day money back guarantee if it doesnt work for a majority of the people? Alot of dermatologist are starting to use light thepary to treat acne.

I dont necessary think it hype.  I can only speak about the acnelamp but the others follow the same principles as the acnelamp.  Why on earth would a company selling a product with a 90 day money back guarantee if it doesnt work for a majority of the people?  Alot of dermatologist are starting to use light thepary to treat acne.

You are missing my point. The original poster states that she saw improvement from using the light for a couple of days of two 15 minute sessions per day. I don't think so. Too many people on these boards are not being honest with themselves when it comes to trying new treatments. They so desparately want to believe that this new treatment is going to be the one treatment to rid themselves of acne, that they see imaginary results. It is much like the placebo effect. As far as the money back guarantees, what's new about them? Companies know that for every person that actually takes them up on the guarantee, ten people will not.

Yeah i know ive not given the dermalux long enough time to see any very visible results as it says i need 5-8 weeks and ive only had it a week so far.

Some people the lamp will work for others it wont.

At the end of the day if i feel my skin is improving even if its just the slightest because ive only been using the lamp for 2 days then im happy and that makes me feel so much more confident. As we all know having acne can knock your confidence and make you feel down.

Love Liz

xXx O:)

What the hells your problem njacobs!?

I think someones got a tiny weiner :-

Animal,

No offense was meant by my comments. The original poster could see that, and responded in a mature, intelligent manner - something that you don't seem capable of...

P.S. - Super job by the board monitors in not cleaning up personal insults like this.

After further research Ive come to the conclusion that njacobs is right. The do it yourself at home light therapy treatment is worthless. If you do see improvements it only marginal at best compared to good ole fashion acne medication. If you really want to try light therapy treatment go see a dermatologist that does it.

P.S. I didnt miss your point as you stated early njacobs. I wasnt disagreeing with that statement at all, seeing improvements in 2 days only after two 15 minutes session per day. I was disagreeing with the fact that you said that red and blue box was all hype. Now I do agree :-.

I have one of those ACNELAMPs and it I am happy with the results.

What research are you refering to? All of the research I have seen shows that it works. :-k

Hey agen ppl,

I didnt mean for my post to start any argument or anythin 8-[

All i can say is that so far i dont have any complaints about the light box and i know ive not given it 5-8 weeks yet.

For some of us it will work wonders, for others it may not. Also some of you may not agree with any of it which is fair enough.

I just thought id post this topic and keep a log of my experience of the Dermalux and share my views with people about it, as some may be considering buying it.

Luv Liz

xXx O:)

I have one of those ACNELAMPs and it I am happy with the results.

What research are you refering to? All of the research I have seen shows that it works. :-k

Two questions for ya? What would you classify your acne as, light, moderate, or severe? Did you take any other medication before trying the acne lamp out?

I never said it doesnt work, Im just saying the results arent as great as they would have us believe.

Yeah i'll get a few photos. :)

Had my lamp about a week and a half to 2 weeks, no major improvement, apart from under the surface of the skin. used to have little bumps under the surface which have slightly eased down.

8-[ Sorry ive not updated on my progress went on holiday on the 31st aug, got bak 2day so ive not been using my lamp as i wasnt gonna take it to spain. Sun cleared my spots up but i know they'll flare back up again. I'll be going on my lamp 2nite.

One thing id say i notice before i went away was that since id been using my lamps my pores had reduced.

Anyway shall let you all know hoe its goes. biggrin.gif/

Luv Liz

O:) xx

Well so far it seems to be going ok, still too early for any major improvents as its only been about 4 weeks. Under the surface of my skin is still improving and doesnt feel horrible and bumpy, feels smoother and bareable to touch.

biggrin.gif/