Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeshmoe

Anybody use retin-a for cystic acne

Just curious, I should probably just go on the tane but Im not sure about the side effects. About all I get are cysts, about 2 new ones a month and they last about 3-4 weeks without a cortisone shot but is retin a only effective for regular acne?

hey...i get about one cyst a month, and a bunch of whiteheads and im on retin a. im only 4 weeks in, but during my initial breakout i had 2 cysts and tons of whiteheads. the nice thing is that the cysts only last one week!!! that is record time for me...i think my IB is clearing up now. it has helped my cysts leave quicker than usual, but i cant really say too much since ive only been on it for 4 weeks. the one thing i have noticed most as a result of retin a is that it has significantly faded my red marks!

cool thanks for the reply, I've only been using retin a for about 2 weeks and only in one area because I want to spread out my IB but I've noticed almost the same results, Sounds like we have pretty similar skin situations,