Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LionQueen

Mandelic acid is amazing against blackheads and acne ...

Ok, I went to skincarex.com and purchased the mamalotion mandelic acid. It said to expect a burning sensation 30 seconds after you applied it and that you should use it twice in the first week. I, on the other hand, experience hardly any tingling reaction after applying it that night, or the night after. I use it every night and morning and haven't seen much of an improvement. I've been breaking out more. I also apply it right after my shower...is that bad? Is this stuff just pushing everything out before it actually works or is it just not the right product for me? I'm feeling really discouraged...Thanks to anyone that responds!

Ok, I went to skincarex.com and purchased the mamalotion mandelic acid. It said to expect a burning sensation 30 seconds after you applied it and that you should use it twice in the first week. I, on the other hand, experience hardly any tingling reaction after applying it that night, or the night after. I use it every night and morning and haven't seen much of an improvement. I've been breaking out more. I also apply it right after my shower...is that bad? Is this stuff just pushing everything out before it actually works or is it just not the right product for me? I'm feeling really discouraged...Thanks to anyone that responds!

Dont be discouraged!!! If its bringing impurities to the surface then it means its working, hooray!!! :clap: I know its hard but stick with it for at LEAST a month (2 if u can stand it) before u think about switching and slowly but surely you should (fingers crossed!!) see some improvement... just make sure u dont pick!!! :dance:

Dont be discouraged!!! If its bringing impurities to the surface then it means its working, hooray!!! :clap: I know its hard but stick with it for at LEAST a month (2 if u can stand it) before u think about switching and slowly but surely you should (fingers crossed!!) see some improvement... just make sure u dont pick!!! :dance:

I used my samples and it didn't tingle my skin too much either! I can use MA's every day and did right from the start. I think some have tougher skin that others! I had and IB, but other's didn't, it just depends on the person.

Be patient!

I've been using Nucelle MA for a week now and I already see improvement in my skin. The pores under my eyes/next to nose are almost invisible. In the first 3 days that I was using it I was breaking out, but now it seems to have stopped. I see a lot of stuff coming out of my pores, but I use the Nucelle Papaya scrub to exfoliate my skin and get rid of the gunk. A lof ot people complain that MA dries their skin out, but mine is oilier than before which definately sucks! I use it twice, in the am and pm, and haven't had the slightest peeling. How long did it take you guys before your skin dried out to the point where it peeled? I love the MA but I really hate the oiliness. However, my skin has improved drastically in just a week. I hope it'll stay like this and continue to improve with time. I haven't used any other MA product so I don't know how Nucelle compares to others. I will definately stick to it and see what happens.

I've been using Nucelle MA for a week now and I already see improvement in my skin. The pores under my eyes/next to nose are almost invisible. In the first 3 days that I was using it I was breaking out, but now it seems to have stopped. I see a lot of stuff coming out of my pores, but I use the Nucelle Papaya scrub to exfoliate my skin and get rid of the gunk. A lof ot people complain that MA dries their skin out, but mine is oilier than before which definately sucks! I use it twice, in the am and pm, and haven't had the slightest peeling. How long did it take you guys before your skin dried out to the point where it peeled? I love the MA but I really hate the oiliness. However, my skin has improved drastically in just a week. I hope it'll stay like this and continue to improve with time. I haven't used any other MA product so I don't know how Nucelle compares to others. I will definately stick to it and see what happens.

same here, i only use in the evenings though and i find its working well. im gonna start exfoliating in the mornings instead of the evenings because i find most of the clogged pores are visible in the morning as is. i havnt really broken out at all because i use my bp 30mins after applying ma and i cant describe how great the feeling is when i apply the bp, so refreshing...never felt it before because i guess i got used to the feeling.

same here, i only use in the evenings though and i find its working well. im gonna start exfoliating in the mornings instead of the evenings because i find most of the clogged pores are visible in the morning as is. i havnt really broken out at all because i use my bp 30mins after applying ma and i cant describe how great the feeling is when i apply the bp, so refreshing...never felt it before because i guess i got used to the feeling.

A week is too soon for your skin to adjust, my skin is more dry now, than when I started, but I think you are "changing it up a bit" and your skin may not know what to do yet. The dryness will sneak right up on you, I am sure. If you can use for a month or so and see improvements, step up to the 15% - it is a big difference!

Oh I'm definitely not going to quit; I just expected more sooner. I have no peeling, dryness, etc. I just want it to work. All the testimonials on the site had rave reviews, so I thought it might work for me. Hopefully my body's just pushing everything out because for a week or so i was getting cystic pimples on my forehead, which rarely happen.

Oh I'm definitely not going to quit; I just expected more sooner. I have no peeling, dryness, etc. I just want it to work. All the testimonials on the site had rave reviews, so I thought it might work for me. Hopefully my body's just pushing everything out because for a week or so i was getting cystic pimples on my forehead, which rarely happen.

im finding impurities coming up to the surface of the skin and i know the nucelle 10% serum is working, but i have gotten some breakouts.

my skin, especially around my nose is quite dry in the mornings, should i apply a moisturizer or leave it alone?

Yes! Apply moisturizer! At night or in the shower in the am - baby brush your face or softly with a clean washcloth, that you use only on your face, exfoliate that area to get the skin off. It will help you also as you take the dead skin off as it allows the MA to penetrate better or any other product that you add!

Also try aquaphor at night and in the am, it is much less dry! Wait for a bit though after putting on the MA at night to put anything over it.

Yes! Apply moisturizer! At night or in the shower in the am - baby brush your face or softly with a clean washcloth, that you use only on your face, exfoliate that area to get the skin off. It will help you also as you take the dead skin off as it allows the MA to penetrate better or any other product that you add!

Also try aquaphor at night and in the am, it is much less dry! Wait for a bit though after putting on the MA at night to put anything over it.

at night i use a SA exfoliant then i apply MA. i wait about 30 minutes or so and apply my bp. in the mornings i use st ives shea butter which moisturizes my skin ok but not great.

how long should i wait until to apply my moisturizer after i applied MA?

So you are using, SA, MA then BP at night? Do you BP all over your face or just spots? What is %?

In pm wait at least 20-30 mins before putting anything over MA.

In pm I do MA, then BP spots if necessary, lately I haven't had to, then moisturize as the last thing.

So you are using, SA, MA then BP at night? Do you BP all over your face or just spots? What is %?

In pm wait at least 20-30 mins before putting anything over MA.

In pm I do MA, then BP spots if necessary, lately I haven't had to, then moisturize as the last thing.

5% bp. and i normally use all over my face. ill try with spot treating instead.

im gonna start on this as soon as i get the money for extractions, and the product. I cant find mandelic acid anywhere in australia, so im gonna order this, was cheapest i could find: http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=101

You should start with the 10% serum, the 15% will be too much and it will burn.

my skin is pretty hardcore, i think ill be able to handle it. then again you're probably right lol

agree with Genius, get both if you want -but start with 10% - then use a couple pumps from 10% and 15%, then do 15% on it's own. It is stronger than you think. Sometimes if I didn't rub the 15% into the skin and it sat in a small area on my face, it kind of left a white mark, almost like a burn on my skin, takes a couple of days to go away. Skincare and Nucelle may not sell you the 15% unless you buy the 10% first.

i just purchased green cream level 6 and nucelle 10% mandelic acid. can you please help me with how to use them. should i start both of them together. or green cream first and then nucelle. should i have gotten mama lotion instead of nucelle.

i am very interested in paula's choice products. i have been using aveda's botanical kinetics line. there seems to be a lot of positives towards paula's choice.

i have also been using bare minerals. i dont really like the line. it doesnt really even match my skin tone. i am asian and have more yellow underlying tones. bm is more pink.

do i still use a toner with green cream and nucelle?

ok - my opinion only - it depends on what your skin can handle. If not too sensitive, you can start with both, but I would, again, my opinion, start with nucelle and see what it does, it doesn't work for everyone or it may cause an irritation or something. If you use both at the same time right away, and you had a problem, you wouldn't know what caused it. If you use it for a few days (or nights), then try the GC6 at night, see how that does. I would use GC6 every other night after that until you are used to it, as that can cause more irritation than the nucelle. You can use the nucelle in the am at that time. So it would be by end of week 1 or 2, nucelle in the am, GC6 in the pm.

If you got either or both from skincarerx or cosmeticville, they both give careful instructions on how to introduce to your skin. Don't rush it.

MaMa lotion - is great too, Justamomtoo uses it all the time I think and has stuck with that over using nucelle. I used samples and thought it more sticky on my skin than nucelle. I like the nucelle because I used in the am and worked well with make up. MaMa is 20% AHA, 10% mandelic and 10% malic, so it is definitely stronger than 10% nucelle.

In regards to toner - not sure what you are using it for - I wouldn't use too much at one time - I ran into problems that way. May dry your skin out too much.

Heard great things about Paula's Choice 2% bha - but if you are using the nucelle in the am - shouldn't need to use that too as a leave on treatment. Similiar type of results I believe.

Good luck!

Just got my NuCelle today!

I really hope this works... I've read so much on MA... and I've had good results with SA, so hopefully this have an even greater effect!

no prob using toner, just watch for dryness. If gets dry, slow down on the toner. If you are going to do apply bp all over face, do it in the am or pm and do the MA at night. If you are going to spot treat with bp - I do, if needed, then do 20-30 mins after MA.

That's an interesting question bc I feel like the queen of layering products lol. I just grab what I think my skin needs at the moment I decide to do my AM or PM routine! I routinely will use my acids at night and the BP in the morning, however, sometimes at night I've also used 2% SA, wait 30 minutes, then applied the BP 2.5% over it, then apply tea tree oil to spots. I read somewhere around the org. that the SA does its stuff, then the BP sinks in, then of course I love tea tree oil for spots as it works so well for me.

Regarding using the MA and SA together, layering, you could call or email cosmeticville.com to ask one of their people there, but I do know of two specific products that contain those ingredients in one product. One is called SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser that .orger AcneBattle uses (check out her log).

Here is what a website said about the cleanser so that you can see it contains 3 acids: "Specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser combines salicylic acid, an FDA approved acne treatment, with the exfoliating powers of glycolic and mandelic acids to unclog pores and help improve the appearance of problematic skin. Along with powerful AHA and BHA ingredients, this cleanser also includes smoothly rounded microbeads to gently slough off dead skin cells and cellular debris."

Then, there is another product I know of called Nu Skin Clear Action (never tried it, just heard of it). It says: "This lightweight gel penetrates pores and dissolves clogs with a unique combination of two clinically proven ingredients - salicylic acid and mandelic acid (a lipid soluble AHA) - to target present and future breakouts. Salicylic acid is a BHA that penetrates pores to eliminate most blemishes. Mandelic acid - a lipid soluble AHA that gently exfoliates to reveal smoother, clearer skin."

I have also heard AHA and SA combined in other products, so I would assume if your skin can handle it, you would be fine. However, I agree with Dwhaa that they seem to both do about the same thing so you might almost be wasting your products by doing that and perhaps it would be more cost effective to simply alternate the acids. I will use a glycolic one night, salicylic the next, mandelic the next, then mix it up again depending upon my mood lol. I do, however, use SOME form of acid each night. I think they really keep my skin nice.

I just got samples of PC SA 2% lotion and gel. I opened the little packet of the 2% lotion and am liking the results so far. I have to still try the gel. But since I always like using SA, I wanted to try the PC since everyone raves about it around the org.

Good luck with your layering if you decide to do it and let us know your results!

im curious, can you layer the nucelle mandelic acid 10% on top of PC 2% BHA? Assuming my skin can handle it, they wont cancel each others effects would they?

Personally, I would just alternate using the two. Or use mandelic in the AM and BHA at night.

When layering ... as a general rule, serums need to go on first, followed by gels, followed by lotions or creams. I'm not sure what form of the BHA product you are using, and that needs to be taken into account.

Also, I know there are some specific rules about layering acids of different pH .... but I can't remember what they are, offhand, because I don't layer acids. I could try to find the info if necessary.

i just purchased green cream level 6 and nucelle 10% mandelic acid. can you please help me with how to use them. should i start both of them together. or green cream first and then nucelle. should i have gotten mama lotion instead of nucelle.

i am very interested in paula's choice products. i have been using aveda's botanical kinetics line. there seems to be a lot of positives towards paula's choice.

i have also been using bare minerals. i dont really like the line. it doesnt really even match my skin tone. i am asian and have more yellow underlying tones. bm is more pink.

do i still use a toner with green cream and nucelle?

see my advice in the thread you started ...

also, mandelic is enough of a toner imo.

Salicylic is definitely more lipophilic.

I believe that mandelic is the stronger antibacterial and antifungal agent, however. It's been used as an antibiotic for some time.