Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
artistic_c

The perfect makeup

Hi everyone,

My name is Christina. I'm new here, and I'm glad I found this site. I have acne and keratosis pilaris which is a condition where my skin doesn't exfoliate normally. I have scars on my face, but I cover them with my makeup where they cannot even be seen. I used to be a model, so my skin had to look great. Hopefully this will work for you as well. This is exactly what I do:

First you will need to buy these items. Some are a little expensive, but worth it. And they last me a few months.

Revlon Colorstay. They also have a Revlon Colorstay Active for people that want to go to the gym, etc...

Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. I use the medium even though it is too dark, but I have a reason for that.

Mineral Oil.

Cornstarch. YES, cornstarch. lol

Blush.

Eye Shading Brush. You will use this for your face. I found mine at Walgreens for about $3.

Kabuki Brush. I found mine at Walgreens for about $5.

Exfoliating Scrub Pad.

First off, scrub your face with an exfoliating scrub pad.

Next put the mineral oil on your face. Then wipe most of it off just so that you have enough for the makeup to go on smoothly.

Next start applying the Revlon Colorstay. Don't put too much on. Just enough where it covers your blemishes a little bit.

Next you are going to take half of the Bare Minerals and put it on a plate or something flat. Then take the cornstarch and add as much as you need to lighten up the half that you just took out. You can mix it with the Kabuki Brush or something. This is going to be your powder that you will apply at the end. So use your own judgement as how you want it to look.

It is difficult to explain how to apply this makeup, but I am trying. :)

Next you are going to take the Eye Shading Brush, and you are going to swirl the brush in the darker Bare Minerals. Then tap the brush on the edge of the container, and LIGHTLY apply the makeup in a circular motion to all your blemishes. It takes some time to get the hang of this.

Once you are done with this, take your Kabuki Brush and swirl it in the Bare Minerals you mixed with the Cornstarch earlier. And using a light touch, apply the makeup to your face, being careful to not apply too much.

And the final step is to apply whatever blush you like.

I hope this information helps someone. If anything seems unclear, please let me know. I just want to help. :) I'll post a picture of myself without my makeup later.

post-39885-1145470537_thumb.jpg

post-39885-1145470537_thumb.jpg

Bare Escentuals is the devil! :evil: Other than that, your technique sounds interesting, if kind of scary. Have any pics of the finished product? Like, after you've been completely made up using this method?

Edit: NEVER MIND! DUH. That's what I get for not reading the post all the way through! Looks great!

Bare Escentuals is the devil! :evil: Other than that, your technique sounds interesting, if kind of scary. Have any pics of the finished product? Like, after you've been completely made up using this method?

Edit: NEVER MIND! DUH. That's what I get for not reading the post all the way through! Looks great!

Thank you. Why do you say that Bare Escentuals is the devil? I'd like to hear about your experience.

Wow, you look amazing! Flawless! I wish I could pull that off, but I couldnt put mineral oil or cornstarch on my face (especially the mineral oil, I cant even use moisturizers with mineral oil!) And, without makeup, just a shot in the dark, but Id say maybe 23ish? Am I close?

Wow, you look amazing! Flawless! I wish I could pull that off, but I couldnt put mineral oil or cornstarch on my face (especially the mineral oil, I cant even use moisturizers with mineral oil!) And, without makeup, just a shot in the dark, but Id say maybe 23ish? Am I close?

Thank you. :) I am 18.

This is what I look like without makeup. How old do I look without makeup? Just curious what you all think.

you're pretty and your skin looks pretty good. I see a couple of blemishes, but other than that, everything looks great! You're just as pretty with or without makeup although I have to say that your make-up looks awesome! I wish I could pull that off, but unfortunately I have no time in the morning for that. Just wondering, how long does it take you to do your makeup?

This is what I look like without makeup. How old do I look without makeup? Just curious what you all think.

you're pretty and your skin looks pretty good. I see a couple of blemishes, but other than that, everything looks great! You're just as pretty with or without makeup although I have to say that your make-up looks awesome! I wish I could pull that off, but unfortunately I have no time in the morning for that. Just wondering, how long does it take you to do your makeup?

Thank you. :D How long does it take me to do my makeup? :shifty: It actually takes about an hour. But I'm just obsessive and it has to be perfect. About 20-25 minutes for my face and the rest of the time for my eyes. :)

I like you better without all the make-up. no offence...i do mean it in a nice way, so i hope you take it like that.....your skin looks good, but you're so made-up....and you look super pretty naturally.

I agree with sayitloud. Your skin looks good to the point where you don't necessarily need foundation all over---you could just use concealer for lil spots and under your eyes. Then just play it up with some mascara and tinted lip gloss and you're good to go!

BTW does mineral oil break you out? Because I use your oil idea but I use jojoba oil instead. Just curious ^__^

I agree with the above as well, I think you look beautiful without make up! Nice job on covering the blemishes though, I am terrible at such things (which is funny because I am a painter) Your skintone looks lovely and even in the first picture. It must take a lot of practice.

I like you better without all the make-up. no offence...i do mean it in a nice way, so i hope you take it like that.....your skin looks good, but you're so made-up....and you look super pretty naturally.

Thank you. :) I do take that as a compliment.

I agree with sayitloud. Your skin looks good to the point where you don't necessarily need foundation all over---you could just use concealer for lil spots and under your eyes. Then just play it up with some mascara and tinted lip gloss and you're good to go!

BTW does mineral oil break you out? Because I use your oil idea but I use jojoba oil instead. Just curious ^__^

Thank you for the suggestions. :) Mineral oil does not make my skin break out.

I agree with the above as well, I think you look beautiful without make up! Nice job on covering the blemishes though, I am terrible at such things (which is funny because I am a painter) Your skintone looks lovely and even in the first picture. It must take a lot of practice.

Thank you. :) Yes, it does take some practice.

I think that is a pretty cool technique for special nights, like a few times a year, but isn't it a little excessive for daily makeup application?

Honestly, I think you look better without makeup. All that time spent applying makeup could really be better used doing something else.

Thank you. Why do you say that Bare Escentuals is the devil? I'd like to hear about your experience.

Broke out severely. Awful stuff, plus it made me look EXCEPTIONALLY oily and POROUS! Hated it.

Broke out severely. Awful stuff, plus it made me look EXCEPTIONALLY oily and POROUS! Hated it.

That is too bad. :( Well, everyone's skin reacts differently to things.

I think that is a pretty cool technique for special nights, like a few times a year, but isn't it a little excessive for daily makeup application?

Honestly, I think you look better without makeup. All that time spent applying makeup could really be better used doing something else.

Well, my mother does the same thing. I guess it was the way I was raised. :confused: Thank you for the compliment. I think perhaps I am going to go back to my dermatologist to see if she can give me something for the little scars and redness on my face. :)

Indeed...like sleeping!

Sleep is goooooooooood....

I agree. :D

what does the Cornstarch do exactly? i know its a powder .. so you would mix it with some loose foundation powder?

The cornstarch lightens up the mineral make-up. What you would do is take out 1/2 of the Bare Minerals, then mix in the cornstarch until you have the shade you are happy with.

I think that any type of treatment would cast away those few red marks you have and you wouldnt need to use makeup as much.

Still does make you look a lot better

I think that any type of treatment would cast away those few red marks you have and you wouldnt need to use makeup as much.

Still does make you look a lot better

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

My name is Christina. I'm new here, and I'm glad I found this site. I have acne and keratosis pilaris which is a condition where my skin doesn't exfoliate normally. I have scars on my face, but I cover them with my makeup where they cannot even be seen. I used to be a model, so my skin had to look great. Hopefully this will work for you as well. This is exactly what I do:

First you will need to buy these items. Some are a little expensive, but worth it. And they last me a few months.

Revlon Colorstay. They also have a Revlon Colorstay Active for people that want to go to the gym, etc...

Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. I use the medium even though it is too dark, but I have a reason for that.

Mineral Oil.

Cornstarch. YES, cornstarch. lol

Blush.

Eye Shading Brush. You will use this for your face. I found mine at Walgreens for about $3.

Kabuki Brush. I found mine at Walgreens for about $5.

Exfoliating Scrub Pad.

First off, scrub your face with an exfoliating scrub pad.

Next put the mineral oil on your face. Then wipe most of it off just so that you have enough for the makeup to go on smoothly.

Next start applying the Revlon Colorstay. Don't put too much on. Just enough where it covers your blemishes a little bit.

Next you are going to take half of the Bare Minerals and put it on a plate or something flat. Then take the cornstarch and add as much as you need to lighten up the half that you just took out. You can mix it with the Kabuki Brush or something. This is going to be your powder that you will apply at the end. So use your own judgement as how you want it to look.

It is difficult to explain how to apply this makeup, but I am trying. :)

Next you are going to take the Eye Shading Brush, and you are going to swirl the brush in the darker Bare Minerals. Then tap the brush on the edge of the container, and LIGHTLY apply the makeup in a circular motion to all your blemishes. It takes some time to get the hang of this.

Once you are done with this, take your Kabuki Brush and swirl it in the Bare Minerals you mixed with the Cornstarch earlier. And using a light touch, apply the makeup to your face, being careful to not apply too much.

And the final step is to apply whatever blush you like.

I hope this information helps someone. If anything seems unclear, please let me know. I just want to help. :) I'll post a picture of myself without my makeup later.

your make up is flawless...I love that dewy look!