Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaTi

Queen Helene Mint Masque

Hey guys. I just bought Queen Helene's Mint Masque a few days ago. I've used it twice and although it left my skin really, really soft, I'm not sure it's doing much for my blackheads. And it seemed to dry up 1 of my pimples, but not the rest. Is this normal? If u use this, does it take time to see results? What should I expect? thanx a lot!

I use the same stuff, in conjunction with the regimen. I use the mask every one or two days. It works good for me. It does a good drying job and those zits that hasnt serviced yet have been sustained because of the mask.

I use it on occassional zits that begin the surfacing journey! I spot treat them and leave it on overnight for a couple of days until it is gone or dried up. It works really well for me.

Listen guys, I'm going to post a new string on this because I think it's really good news for those of us who suffer with closed comedoes. OK, so I've been on the regimen for about 4 months with pretty ok success, I've noticed a drop in the big red irritated pimples (though I still do get them every few days, don't think I'll ever completely get rid of them.). Anyway I've had these little skin colored bumps on my chin for about 2 yrs now. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm on a progestine based birth control (depo provera). I'm not sure. Anyway, I've tried EVERYTHING to get rid of these buggers, and nothing's worked. Then I went and got a tube of Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, because it was so cheap and I'd heard good things about it. I tried it a few times by just putting it on for the suggested 15 minutes, and honestly, it didn't do anything noticeable, so I didn't use it for awhile. Then two weeks ago I tried putting it on my chin and letting it dry completely. Then I went to bed. When I woke up the next day the size of the comedoes shrank a LOT. I've been doing this at night (instead of BP) every night for two weeks and my chin looks better every morning. Also helps with the zits that haven't actually formed yet. I don't know how it works or if it will work for everyone. I'll post this on a new string, just thought I'd share here too. Good luck!

Have the same problem with the little bumps. I bought the masque yesterday and left it on over night. It did not seem to help too much on the bumps but I did notice my skin was softer and the pores were smaller. I am using this in conjunction with the "Acne Cure' regimen. I heard that BP is the way to get rid of the small bumps, but havent had much luck yet. Peace, gs

u can get it at Walgreens or Walmart. It's a huge tube for like $3. I've been using it for a few days and havnt really noticed an improvement in the little bumps but it does seem to make my face A LOT softer so i'll keep using it. Also, for me it hasnt really dried up any pimples, but it has at least kept them from getting any worse. It's something!

The way this product worked best for me was putting it on at night, letting it dry and going to bed with it still on. About an hour or so before I actually go to bed, I put a steamy washcloth on my face. Then I wash with liquid cetaphil and very warm water. Pat dry. Then apply the mask only to the parts of my face that are bad, namely chin and parts of forehead. Then I do whatever for an hour and go to bed. In the morning my face feels kinda dry and the mask has got all crackly and some or most of it has flaked off in the night. I get my face good and wet and wash GENTLY with a washcloth and cetaphil. Then apply some BP and a little moisturizer and off I go. BTW, it took about 3-4 nights of doing this to notice a difference. It may take longer for other people. Good luck!

I agree. The overnight thing helps when I have a bad area. Last week I had a red pimple that I tried unsuccesfully to pop. I use the mask last night and this morning it had shrunk to almost nothing. For me, the mask works better with angry pimples, not those little bumps.

Yep. That's pretty much how I use it too. I only use it for overnight ones that look like they are going to be trouble. I usually see significant improvement in a day, but it can take longer. I have done it three days in a row sometimes. Some may need more.