Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinman

tinman's tin-log

Week 15 Day 6 :(

------------------

No new spots, but Quentin, Raymond and Stefan look hideous, like I've been stabbed three times in the face with a lit cigarette. :(

So, I picked at Quentin and Raymond yesterday, but left Stefan alone. Result? Stefan developed into a whitehead last night, but has needed draining twice. It's surrounding redness is about the same as that from the other two, but the scar looks smaller. Proof, if any were needed, Not to pick (or, at least, to wait a good while before you do)! :doh:

Week 15 Day 7 :)

------------------

No new spots. :)

Making extra sure I'm using a full *fat* finger of BP gel.

Quentin is a red mark, and healing quite quickly.

Stefan is about the same (and I didn't pick at Stefan, so that saved me a day)

Raymond is a red scar, the worst of the lot, but healing reasonably quickly.

Week 16, Day 1 :)

-------------------

Steady improvement from the big three.

I'm feeling a whole let better now after a couple of "no news" days. :)

Week 16, Day 2 :wall:

-------------------

Here we go again. :wall:

One new one on my right cheek: Tony. Angry and red.

Three new ones on my left cheek. They are, however, reasonably small, and not inflamed, so I won't name them - yet. :(

I am leaving all of them well alone.

Do-da-da-dum...do dum - won't pick them! :D

I'm going to see what a bit of positive willpower does instead. ;)

I don't really spend much time in the "log" section of the site, but I agree with your other readers that this one is a breath of fresh air and ranks high in entertainment value :popcorn: with the "naming" :lol: and the generally upbeat attitude. Keep fighting the good fight and Just Say No to PanOxyl!

But be careful: :arrow: If you make us laugh too hard, we will have to seek out medical assistance... :injured:

"With Great Laughter Comes Great Responsibility."

Hiya moire pattern! :wavey: And thanks for your comments!

I'm always glad to entertain with my pain. :D Hope your skin is doing better than mine right now! :)

Week 16, Day 3 :ninja:

--------------------

Positive willpower did sweet-FA.

Well, okay, it might have worked for one of the small spots on the left. That's unchanged, maybe a bit smaller than yesterday.

The other two, meanwhile, ballooned out of all proportion over the course of the day. Meet Uther and Vinnie.

Vinnie, the one which is right by the cheekbone, is the worst. I didn't so much as touch him yesterday, but he's still badly inflamed, with a surrounding patch of redness of about two inches square (I'm not exaggerating either). He's slowly coming to a head, but I'm not about to pick at him - yet.

Uther is a bit better, but he's half-resting under a hair, so that might have taken the sting out of him.

Meanwhile, Tony grew into a whitehead last night. I resisted the urge to drain until this morning, at which point he had become a "top-heavy" whitehead. I'm glad I waited, because there was a lot less oil being released after the pick than there was, say, for Quentin et al.

So that's my new policy: don't pick until spot has become a top-heavy whitehead. I'm in full-on ninja mode now! :ninja:

Status of face then:

Clive: 2mm wide faded red mark.

Quentin, Raymond and Stefan: 6mm wide red marks. Same faded pink colour as Clive.

Tony: 6mm bright red mark with tiny 2mm scar at centre.

Uther & Vinnie: active, angry red bumps with tiny emerging white tips, 5mm & 7mm.

Week 16, Day 4 :doubt:

-------------------

Uther & Vinnie could be drained last night. I only applied the lightest of pressure on them. This morning they'd got back to exactly how they were, requiring a second draining. Eww! Now they look/feel like proper scars.

As for elsewhere, all red scars very visible and don't seem to have improved from yesterday either. :( Maybe I'll try steaming my face again to aid with the removal of dead skin. :doubt: The Bio-Oil is doing diddly.

The good news is that, touch wood, I have no active spots anymore. The bad news, according to my Excel worksheet, is that this is the worst my skin has been (in terms of red marks) since beginning the regimen. Pfui!

Week 16, Day 5 :)

-------------------

I'm in much better spirits today. Last night, I had two nasty spots forming, and this morning, they had faded away without trace!

What did I do differently last night?

Well, I decided not to moisturize!

Although, that's not *exactly* true, because I did put some Eucerin on my red marks, because I want the AHA to fade them quicker.

I was thinking, you see, about how my skin has gotten so used to the regimen that it doesn't flake or get dry or go red anymore. (Obviously, I am not talking about PanOxyl BP). So, my new policy is to apply a thin layer of moisturizer in the morning (be a little less liberal), and, in the evening, only apply to areas of my skin that look dry or have red marks on them. Maybe the BP will be more effective that way.

We shall see! :)

Coincidentally (or not) all my red marks look better today. I'm almost comfortable enough to be seen by other people now, lol! ;)

Nice one man! Thats exactly what I do. In the morning use te Eucerin and at night hardly use any if none at all. Working well for me. :)

I had a breakout about 3 days ago which really knocked me back...like it does everyone I expect. But I was persistent and tried not to worry, and i'm happy to say things are starting to improve again....feels like every time I take one step forward acne takes two steps back!! :wall:

I ruined one of my best t-shirts the other day because I was playing golf and got really sweaty and the BP got onto my t-shirt and bleached a ring around the coller. I think Dan should try and adapt the CSR gel to be non-bleaching.....then it would be perfect! lol :)

Ian

Cheers m8! :)

Even with the breakouts I've had so far while on the CSR, I'm still generally much better than I was - and surely you are too, no? :)

You were playing golf and not wearing white? For shame! :P

Why does it only happen with the really nice t-shirts, that's what I want to know. Some dyes seem completely immune to the BP. I think when I next go clothes shopping (maybe 2010), I'll start dabbing t-shirts with blobs of BP to see which fade, lol!

Week 16, Day 6 :)

-------------------

So, no new spots. Pleased. :)

My face is still a bit of a red mark mess though.

Clive: unchanged! :shock:

Quentin, Raymond and Stefan: red marks fading slowly. Stefan (the one I didn't pick till late) is fading fastest (surprise, surprise).

Tony: red mark, fading fast.

Uther & Vinnie: finally dark red marks now as opposed to scars.

I'm sure all the stores in Bluewater wouldn't mind you dabbing a bit of CSR gel onto their clothes! lol Just tell them its all in the name of research! :D

Yes I do agree that from when I started to now my face has got better. :) The thing I have noticed is that I no longer get any big whiteheads which form over the course of the day. However what I do get more of are red ones under the skin which take ages to come to a really small head, or just don't come to a head at all then last about a week and then dissapear. :confused:

Back to work today. At least its cool for a while though! :dance:

IAN :cool:

Yeah, thank goodness for the improved weather. :)

Week 16, Day 7 :D

-------------------

No new spots. :D

Slow but steady improvement. :)

Week 17, Day 1 :|

-------------------

I have one small(ish) spot by my nose, or maybe it's two next to each other. I also have another on my cheek (caused by an ingrowing hair which has now been removed). Neither are serious enough (yet) to be named.

Feeling a bit grim today, which has nothing to do with my skin. :| When my mood is good, my red marks seem to be fading quickly - and when it's not I'm wondering when they'll ever fade. :dry:

Week 17, Day 2 :)

-------------------

The spot by my nose vanished without trace. The other one is now just a small scar. No new ones. My red marks seem improved today too. Or maybe I'm just in a good mood. :)

Don't you just love days like that, where you wake up expecting to find one which has ballooned into a big painful bump, and all you find is that its gone without trace. I wish all spots were like that. :pray:

What ya recon about the weather. Bit of a change, last week we were swealtering, and now its freezing and raining!! Typical British Weather. :dance:

Hope this week is clearer than glass for you tinman. :D

Cheers, m8! But the weather isn't freezing here. Yesterday it was wet but very very humid. Today it's hot (although not *too* bad).

Week 17, Day 3 :D

-------------------

Well, I've had a few days of all-clear, which is great. :D My face doesn't seem to be suffering from reducing the Eucerin at night - in fact it might even be better for it. My red marks have pretty much all faded to the point of not being noticable unless you're looking for them. Which is excellent. :dance:

Hope everyone's enjoying the same sort of fortune. :)

Hey tinman, thanks for stopping by my log. I stopped using moisturizer at night as well and lessened the amount of moiusturizer in the morning as well and think that it is helping me a lot more. Before my face was overly greasy from to much moisturizer and I think lessening moisturizer is something other people might want to give a shot

good luck

hiya jc77 :wavey:

I definitely think people need to go heavy on the moisturizer right at the start of the regimen though, when the skin is really, really dry. :)

Week 17, Day 4 :(

-------------------

Well, the rollercoaster continues. Last night a new spot appeared, a nasty bugger on my right cheek, with no apparent head but a huge bump and mark. Ugh. I am being extremely restrained though. Just adding extra BP to it ever-so-gently throughout the day. BTW, I'm calling him Wayne.

Week 17, Day 5 :|

-------------------

Wayne hadn't changed much (if at all) overnight, and was beginning to get quite painful.

About an hour ago I couldn't take it anymore and picked at him, and removed the gunk. :| Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but I felt better afterwards.

Apart from that, my face has no other problems.

Week 17, Day 6 :wall:

-------------------

Well, Wayne got worse - or did he? I thought there was more gunk there, and I stupidly decided to repick - but no gunk found.

So I'm left with a really horrific scar. :wall:

No new spots, but I'm still housebound for a few days, I think. :doh:

Week 17, Day 7 :|

-------------------

Wayne was aggravating me again last night. I was *so* tempted to pick at him again, but didn't. "Fool me once, shame on you" etc.

This morning, he is a little better. Half scar, half red mark.

More worrying is that in Excel today I decided to chart the average number of nasty new spots per week that I've been getting since starting the regimen. The news is that since May, I've been hovering between 1.6 and 2.2, with no real signs of improvement. Today it's 1.84. That's pretty depressing. :(

Yeah, but tinman like you said to me, think of how ur skin was before the CSR and what your skin would be like if you didn't have the CSR in your life, I would say that it would be a lot more than 1.84.

I'm still on about 1 new one every two days, but i'm quietly confident that its working and i'm seeing a good improvement with my texture and tone.

I hope that this weekend is very relaxing for you and you get totally clear again soon.

Ian

I'm 1.82 as of today. ;):D

Week 18, Day 1 :)

-------------------

Looking back, I've had one new spot (Wayne) in 13 days. That's not bad! (although it's 4 in 14 days, which is!).

Wayne is now a proper red mark. The silver lining to that is that he makes all my other red marks (even Clive) look so very faded in comparison. :dance:

One more thing I'm trying: mid-day, I apply a tiny "booster" amount of BP to my face (no larger than a pea-sized blob of gel). Certainly not enough to irritate my skin. I want to see if it makes any sort of a difference, especially over the Monday/Tuesday period (my danger-time for new spots). :)

Week 18, Day 2 :)

------------------

Steady improvement in condition of red marks. :)

Sorry my news isn't more interesting! Hope you are all doing so well today. :wavey: