Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dws

I am a Male and use make-up

i just wanted to encourage other males to use it too.. it really makes my face look great even with acne people claim i look great

Hey mate, I'm a male who is tempted by make up. But I'm worried it will make me break out (my acne is only very, very mild at times).

I use concealer, but that wouldn't have as good a look as all over foundation I wouldn't imagine. So what make up do you use? Does it cause break outs? Any other guys who wear it are welcome to chip in too! Cheers :)

Guest blackheadben

I love make up....and I am a guy too. just remeber to set it with powder so it last extra long!

yep, i'm a guy and don't mind saying that i use makeup as well. hell i rather wear the makeup then have a big red spot on my face that people can notice a mile away.

yeah, i wouldn't mind a lad using concealer and foundation, etc. it's not exactly girly or anything, just covers up blemishes, which both men as well as women most likely want to do.

if however they started using blusher, id be a tad worried.

Guys as for using make up... Im a guy and i dont wear make up... I try not to let zits bother me to much... Well hell i got a huge break out from clinique products and i havent used a make up or anything to cover it... I got 43 zits from it and then stop using product and in 2 days use my klear action and my zits are only at 20 or less... Hardly can see them any more... I love BP... does wonders... Im going to get back to just washing with my bp wash and mositurize if needed i might tone though i been thinking about it... People dont know how to use toners so it actually causes break outs... should only swipe face gently twice on each part of the face... plus i dont use as much bp as dan or anything and i use regular anti bacteria soap right now to replace the klear action cleanser... well guys if you want to wear make up that is fine but be ware of critism from others... laters and have fun with that make up and dont smudge it all over the place...

Guest TylerD

Ive been wearing makeup forever. Then again i dont care because im in University and people are alot more mature there. Its hard wearing it in high school in fear of getting caught because girls and guys are so damn immature you would never hear the end of it.

Ive been wearing makeup forever. Then again i dont care because im in University and people are alot more mature there. Its hard wearing it in high school in fear of getting caught because girls and guys are so damn immature you would never hear the end of it.

yeah that is true, but like i said before i rather wear the makeup then have a red spot on my face especially the big red spots.

I have a bottle of Improver by XCD. It is made especially for men. The one you see on their site is way too dark for my skin, but I contacted their customer service department and they sent me a different one. It works great! You have to use very little though (very thin!), and make sure you are well moisturized beforehand. It blends extremely well and works great on red marks and pimples. I don't really use it anymore now that the regimen is working for me though! But if I'm going out on my days off or something I'll put just a dab on a couple of red marks (that take forever to fade away) so my skin looks perfect.

I've dated girls who have their cosmetology license and they never knew ;)

If you don't want to use makeup, try to get a tan by getting a tanning membership. Just don't go too often. A tan will help even out your skin color and make acne less noticeable. For some, it somehow seems to clear up acne. Or you can even use sunless tanners if you don't like to be exposed to the sun.

If you are scared about buying makeup locally, just go really early in the morning when they open and you won't have to worry about being "spotted" by anyone. Or drive to a different mall in another town. Just tell the counter lady you are taking some important family portraits and want something to make you look your best. They will understand. Just remember, they WANT to sell you something, that's their job.

do u guys use it on your whole face......

I just want soemthign that matches my skin color and use it only for some spots and that doesnt show I have it on...when i went to the dryg store the cosmeticina a few of them said that u would see it that i am wearing make up...thety recommend COVER FX, so I went to a store that has it and the girl told me she doesnt recommende it for me becasue i'ma guy and thta she thinks people will notice it and i will ahve a problem....

HELP

yeah, I just started wearing a "true" makeup today actually. I have been using Eucerin's Redness Relief Perfecting Lotion in the past as a concealer/foundation type thing to cover my entire face, which works surprisingly well with my lighter complexion, but it took forever to get it flawless, and I'm a perfectionist :-). but I just started using Physician's Formula Mineral Wear in translucent, and I really like it. it reduced the time it takes me to get ready by about half, which is awesome. I think that wearing a foundation and concealer is something that I will continue to do until I grow out of acne, simply because I feel SO much better with it on. as for the last cry for help, it seems like these people are worried that if you simply conceal spots, it will show up, because it won't blend in. that's where a foundation would really help you; you could conceal bad spots, and then apply a light layer of foundation afterwards to blend. just a thought...

And all you guys who have recommended make up products, they don't make you break out no? (i know one guy has said they did).

And how does it work??? You put concealer on the spots, and then foundation to even out the whole skin tone, and then powder to set it? Is that right?

yea but what type of conceler do u use that it doesnt show u have anything on?

also what powdwer do u use and what color

ive been using makeup and i hate it. I fear that someone will look up close and bust me out. So everyday at work I'm always anxious and I hate wearing makeup!!! But i have no choice because I have tons of red marks on my cheeks if i didnt wear anything people would stare at me all day...Anyway my goal is to clear my red marks soon so I wouldn't have to wear anything.

A man shouldn't wear makeup because a man shouldnt care so much about his looks... but I think we are just doing others a favor. Nobody really wants to look at your red-spotted face. Even if you get caught you can always say that it's one of those acne medications that comes with a concealer. The best way to avoid making makeup noticeable is to exfoliate the skin and apply some moisturizer before putting it on.

A man shouldn't wear makeup because a man shouldnt care so much about his looks...

I'm not sure that is true.

But you're right about blaming the make-up look on tinted BP or tinted moisturiser. That should do the trick.

I was looking at the Nuetrogena range, with the foundation that treats as well as covers acne...seems like a good idea to try.

Would have to test it out for a while first before wearing it in public though, just to make sure it doesn't notice!