Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
want to be happy

Has anyone tried Maybelline Pure foundation yet??

Has anyone used the new Maybelline Pure foundation yet? I just used it for the first time today and I am praying that it won't make me break out even more than I already do! (I have moderate/severe acne with terrible scars. I have to wear makeup EVERYDAY just to be able to leave my house!) . I have been using CoverGirl Fresh Look for a few years now and I am so afraid to change makeup even though I know CoverGirl is supposed to be horrible for active acne.

Anyone with any insight to help me?

Has anyone used the new Maybelline Pure foundation yet? I just used it for the first time today and I am praying that it won't make me break out even more than I already do! (I have moderate/severe acne with terrible scars. I have to wear makeup EVERYDAY just to be able to leave my house!) . I have been using CoverGirl Fresh Look for a few years now and I am so afraid to change makeup even though I know CoverGirl is supposed to be horrible for active acne.

Anyone with any insight to help me?

I just bought this foundation today. I think it will be good for acne prone people. I checked out all the ingredients to see if there are any comedogenic in it, and it's safe! You can find a list of comedogenic ingredients at www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

i bought it and tried it out but it was too drying for my face. if you have scars i doubt this will cover it bcuz it's so light

Thanks for the replies! Well I've been using the Maybelline Pure for 3 days now and I am happy to say that I haven't had any more breakouts than normal (my face isn't at all clear, but at least there aren't any NEW whiteheads or cysts). It is nice that it doesn't make my skin look oily (I have VERY oily skin). It is a little too light to cover up all of my scars and the red spots from healing breakouts, but I found that if I use the Pure all over my face and then apply Almay Clear Complexion Spot Concealer to the scars and red marks it works pretty well. Maybe I'll start clearing up a little now that I'm not using CoverGirl any more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks everyone for the help!!

I have been trying this too... I think it makes me look a little fake. But I think it is just in my mind because I am so used to seeing bright red marks and oily skin, so when the marks are dulled a little from the makeup and my skin looks less oily, I don't feel quite like myself! Haha.

I do like it though... it is the first liquid foundation I have used in a long time... I usually just wear a little bit of powder to sort of dull my spots a little.