Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa!

Crazy Wacko Idea?!

I have a very oily T-Zone, I have a mattifying gel but that only works if I use loads, and then my foundation looks awful over the top.

So my idea is that anti perspirant is great at preventing sweat, so could you spray a small amount on your face?!!

I definitely would not apply antiperspirant to the face.

It blocks the sweat glands, not the sebaceous (oil) glands.

Probably tons of stuff in there that would aggravate facial skin.

Aye, I'm with Brandy on this one.

If you dont mind me asking, what moisturiser and/ or foundation are you using? Cos, I find that some products make me more oily than others. So it could be due to that? :shrug:

My makeup lasts longer if I use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel underneath it.

Have you tried this, and if that still doesn't help the oiliness, I wonder if increasing the strength of the BP would help?

I did try BP under make-up and it didn't really make a difference. If I use more BP then my make-up won't apply properly and in the long run my skin would get even oilier to combat the BP.....

Nope never! Although I sometimes use normal tissues to blot....but they can't get into the corners of your nose, so don't really work!

I should also add that when I say BP helps my makeup last, I mean in conjunction with mineral makeup - loose powder brushed on. When I wore liquid foundation, it didn't interact well with BP at all.

Yeah, antipersperant isn't a great idea. But, I have used blotting sheets for a long time and they're great, they work alot better than tissues and you really can get into the corners of your nose. But, ever since I've been on B5, it has cut down on the oil that my face produces, even my hair doesn't get as oily. It may be something that you want to look into.

ooo lots of replies hehe

I already use loose powder, and I do have a pressed one for when I'm out, but applying more powder just ruins the finish I find.

I use a liquid foundation, I don't like powder foundations, but I'm going to have a play with BP and see if I can get it to work better.

I will look into blotting sheets....although they aren't really the way of fixing the problem I was hoping for. I did use B5 for a while, but it caused hair loss!!!!

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a primer that helps with oil?

Hi Lisa :D

Yeah, you definitely don't want to spray antiperspirant on your face. Risky.

Now. I know this sounds completely insane, LOL, but in my experience it absolutely works. I don't use this myself because I use a mineral base and don't need a primer. However, some of my clients who wear a liquid base need a primer underneath. I've tried most of the high-end ones. However, the absolute best product I've found for this is (here comes the insane part) Monistat Anti-Chafing Powder Gel. It runs for about seven dollars at Walgreens. It is fantastic. I have been using it on two clients with sensitive, acne-prone/blackhead-prone skin for more than three months with no negative effects whatsoever. They both love it. They happen to have not especially oily skin, but when I use this under their makeup, everything applies flawlessly. Makes their makeup stay in place longer and prevents "sliding." Helps quite a bit with shine/oil on some of my other clients. On those with extremely oily skin, what I like to do is mix the gel with some water in the palm of my hand (be sure your hand is CLEAN) and apply it with a cotton ball to the entire face like an astringent. This helps the product go on thin and light. Then I will wait for it to dry completely. Then I will apply foundation. After that, I will lay a clean Kleenex over the face and use a powder brush to dust very, very lightly with cornstarch. The cornstarch goes on the tissue and helps to pull any excess moisture from the foundation. This will not clog pores. A lot of people seem to think cornstarch is comedogenic/irritant, but it is not. I've been using it on myself as a setting powder for years and I use it on everyone I work on except those with dry skin. After the cornstarch dusting, I will use my fingers to gently press the Kleenex against the face to seal in the foundation.

And that's it. This is a very cheap way to help control oil/shine and to also help your makeup last longer. For the gel, the cotton balls, the kleenex, and the cornstarch (available on the baking aisle at any grocery store), the total cost is about $10, and that supply should last at least two or three months.

Liz