Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colonel Angus

Personal Attacks

Personal attacks are getting out of hand. I will begin suspending people for 2 days for instigating and retaliating. Since I cannot catch all the messages on this busy board send me a PM with a link to the offending message if you are personally attacked. I will delete the message and the offender will be suspended. DO NOT retaliate with another hateful message otherwise you will also be suspended for escalating things. I wish everyone could be a bit more mature but not everyone sees things the same way either.

Continue to attack people and the suspensions will get longer. Eventually you can/will be banned.

Pocket Aces,

One of the reasons why I like this forum is because we have "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Unlike other (biased) forums, you have to post what moderators (company representatives,sellers,people involved in that business) want to hear. That's why you have to wait for approval (3-4 days) before your post is available to the public. Maybe this is not the world's greatest acne support forum, but it has a lot of members from all over the world and it seems to be unbiased.

If someone comes on here and says that applying gasoline on your face helps remove scars 100%. I will always INSTIGATE that's BS and I will always RETALIATE that statement (in a respectful way). So would I be suspended for contradicting such a lie ??? So, there will be no room for DEBATE (retaliation) ????

On the other hand, I agree that PERSONAL attacks (personal insults,derogatory coments, swearing,name calling,etc) should NOT be tolerated. UNLESS, there is mutal consent. (I've seen some posts where people love insulting each other, and they're happy about it) However, if somebody feels offended, he/she should PM a moderator and let him know about the situation.

I think "MODERATION" should be the main rule. We shouldn't jump to the extremes. We should let everybody express their opinions and be OPEN to DEBATE. I've started a lot of threads, and I don't really expect everybody to agree with me. Nobody knows the "ABSOLUTE TRUTH" and maybe 20 brains think better than one. If I say something wrong, please correct me. Please contradict me. Please retaliate me, and maybe together we can come up with something good.

Disagreeing with someone isn't a personal attack, Smooth. In general, refute factual claims with contrary facts, not by saying anything at all about the person making them.

Thanks a hell of a lot, Colin. I'm just glad TCA cross has not made the blacklist of things that everyone has determined don't work, so I don't get jumped on like a company shill for someone selling it when I share my success stories. I've mostly been relaying info via PM lately, anyway, but I still view the scar forum every day, and it has gotten needlessly hostile.

Disagreeing with someone isn't a personal attack, Smooth. In general, refute factual claims with contrary facts, not by saying anything at all about the person making them.

Thanks a hell of a lot, Colin. I'm just glad TCA cross has not made the blacklist of things that everyone has determined don't work, so I don't get jumped on like a company shill for someone selling it when I share my success stories. I've mostly been relaying info via PM lately, anyway, but I still view the scar forum every day, and it has gotten needlessly hostile.

Yep, TCA did nothing for my scars except make them wider, beet red for over a year, and more noticable. It is not a magic bullet as some here claim, at least not for me. James

I agree with this topic, that personal attacking should be punishable.

I'd hate it if someone started attackin me and puttin me down, I'd probably never come back.

Good job, Ace. You've got my backing. :)

And Smoothlover - there are plenty of ways to disagree with someone without resorting to name calling, denouncements of thier character, or otherwise stooping to the level of suggesting sexual practices with the poster's mother.

Trust me. Believe it or not, we have plenty of healthy debates on this board all the time.

Hostile environments are what keep people from sharing valuable experiences. No doubt some people can be ecstatic/almost delusional sometimes about improvements they have but people should not discount everybody that comes on here out of their own frustrations. All you can do is ask for more info and hopefully some before and after photos.

Disagreeing with someone isn't a personal attack, Smooth.

Unfortunately that's the way some people think.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a guy on the "Red marks left" forum who felt (severly) offended because other people thought his IDEA of applying a mixture of pineapple,carrot and O.J. was obsolete. (his member name was something like Sllsnal ) Anyways, he said that after a long time of suffering and dealing with red marks, he finally found a solution and he wanted to share it with the rest. But instead, (he said) nobody appreciated his input and thought his advice was B.S. making him feel like an idiot. Finally, before quiting his board, he called us one-track minded losers. And he wished us bad luck for the rest of our lives.

Even though, nobody insulted him (as a person, rather his idea), he felt offended and got very offensive. He thought he was being attacked.

But do you wanna know what the problem is? Sometimes people feel really attached to their ideas and if someone contradicts or attacks his ideas, they take it to a personal level. And that's when the enviroment gets so hostile. Yeah We should never ever resort to derogatory comments, personal insults, name calling, mother recalling, etc.

Again, let's use the moderation rule with mutual respect.

sounds like school :)

This forum is the most informative forum about acne but I have to say that I read it but rarely comment on it because people get very personal and I don't want to be attacked. I mostly use another forum that has less traffic but it is extremely regulated. People need to be more mature and understand that some procedures work in some people and others don't. period.