Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MVP

Minocycline (sp?) Pills

Hi, i have basically no acne on my face but I do have some mild/moderate acne on my shoulders which I got from basketball. I saw a dermatologist and he prescribed me these pills, he said it takes about 5 months to work. I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with these pills.

Also, my shoulder acne isnt cystic or whiteheads, they seem to be blackheads that eventually start to push out and then scar, would these pills help that? And do they help with scarring?

Thanks.

I had very mild acne on my shoulders and upper back and I got the minocylcine it cleard it up within the first month.

I took Minocyclin for a 2 months period at the begging of 2004. I 've to say it worked for me as long as i took these pills. But 2-3 weeks after the treatment the acne came back. But it's like buzzment said, it works different for most of us.

I don't think they are helping with scarring. It's an antibiotic so it quashes inflammations. I don't think there are effects on scars.

It's worth trying. ;)

Good Luck

taking minocycline right now and well i think it has cleared the mild bacne that i have but yea it works

differently with each person

Anyone know the difference between Minocycline and Doxycycline?

I took Doxycycline for body acne and it did a good job.

I know Minocycline and Doxycycline are from the same company?

i've been on it for a month for my bacne and i guess it's really supposed to kick in around 5 months after taking it...i guess it basically just gets rid of bacteria

i've been on it for a month for my bacne and i guess it's really supposed to kick in around 5 months after taking it...i guess it basically just gets rid of bacteria

my dermotoligist gave it to me a while bck...but it didnt work so i stopped using it

both doxycycline and minocycline are part of the same group of drugs (tetracyclines).

The difference? Minocycline is better. Doxyclcline is cheap. They both do the same thing, and will work all over your body. if the acne still persists in 4 weeks time, i'd ask the doc to push you higher on the dosage.