Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desperateforhelp

How to create the matte look yet wearing Studio Fix?

okay im a guy and i use studiofix to cover up any imperfections and redmarks my main concern with it is that when i prepare for a night out in a club it looks very good and you cant tell im wearing it it looks matte and as if its my own skin but after a couple of hours in a club i start looking shiny and glowy especially on the cheeks/chin area..the t zone as well but i just wipe off the make up there since my skin is pretty clear there and looks good enough without the make up but the cheeks are the problem

people always say moisturize before applying make up i like that as well but i end looking even shinier and more glowing than without.. i dont know if i can use a transluscent loose powder since studiofix is a powder found already so i was wondering maybe anyone had their own advice of how to prepare the skin prior to make up to not make it look glowy in the end...

a subtle glow is nice but when it gets too glowy it takes away the other good features of the face cause all people notice is the glowing skin and can aso think its make up but my advice to you is guys when youre shiny and glowing and people ask in a nightclub are you wearing makeup, always say nooo its just this moisturizer which makes my skin shiny.. and like slightly touch your face to prove em its not make up...

thats all hope anyone has good advice for me

You could try a few things really......either an oil-controlling e.g. mattifying lotion or primer prior to applying your studio fix, take blotting sheets with you (they absorb oil.....or if u don't want to carry them with you i've heard toilet seat liners work just as well and you could do that in the comfort of a club bathroom lol) or you could apply a mattifying powder over your studio fix (any will do but MAC blot was designed specifically for the purpose of absorbing oil (shine) and not adding any color/layers to your skin.

HTH!

Ok, either:

try using MAC's prep & prime underneath the studio fix. You can get a sample of it at any mac store/counter

once you apply your studio fix, let it "set" for 5 minutes... then use MAC's blot powder on areas that you get oily.

I definately recommend the blot powder. It's AWESOME :D

i have had a similar experiene with the studiofix and that is why i stopped using it : ) anyway, as you said, prepping your skin with adequate moisturizer is a must. instead of using a primer, i suggest trying a moisturizer that has matifying fluid. a great one is biotherm's biopur. when you put it on your skin, it will instantly feel incredibly soft and matte. i can't imagine putting make-up on without it.

Guest fatallyours

I use Studio Fix too. Definitely use a moisturizer! Get a light one, and if you are uncomfortable with the moisture, blot it off with a tissue after applying it. I reccommend Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, I've never used MAC's Prep & Prime but I hear it's better and I've been using it for 4 years and love it. If you find you are still getting shiney the blot powder from MAC which someone else already mentioned is really good. if you are scared of it looking too makeup-y/cakey apply the blot powder with a big fluffy brush.

Try Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Mattifying Concentrate from www.getthatglow.com It keeps me shine free all day! You could also pick up some Healthy Finish Pressed Powder SPF 15, which is my HOLY GRAIL Powder in Neutral.

Good Luck!

Lisa

I use studio fix as well. Here's a big tip- apply SUNBLOCK before applying make up. For some reason, it absorbs all the oil and leaves a matte finish on my face. If you don't like the sunblock smell, try using Neutrogena Dry Touch- that's what I use. Be sure it's oil free though...

Hopes this helps!! :)

studiofix is making me extremely oily and shiny now too.. so im trying a new foundation..

in my experience, macs prep and prime did absolutely nothing!!

Just re-apply your powder. Or use a tissue and wipe some of the oil off (although some of the make-up will come off with it, it doesn't remove it all). But, in any event, women all know they will have to re-apply their powder once in a while. Hence, why the bathroom is called the "powder room" and they go to "powder their noses" and they will never go to the bathroom without their purse in hand.