Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Accutane Lips and such

Alrighty, I'm at 3 months and 2 weeks on accutane.

It still isn't doing much in terms of clearing me up like it should and my derm agrees.

But, my real problem right now is how much it is affecting my lips.

Yes, the lips are very chapped and vaseline seems to do the best job yet is still not enough.

The worst part is the rim around my lips though. It is very dry, very red, and very,very painful.

Besides the vaseline I have tried various chapsticks, moisturizers, and weird expensive french wax kinda stuff.

Alas, the immense pain and discomfort remains.

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Ask your pharmacist to order you some Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. I get mine at Walgreens, they can get it within 24 hours of the request. It has hydrocortisone in it, so it reduces inflammation and heals cracks. It's a thick waxy formula. I put it directly on my lips so the hydrocortisone has contact with the skin and then put something more moisturizing on top like Aquaphor or my beloved Clinique Superbalm. You'll feel better in no time.

Ask your pharmacist to order you some Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. I get mine at Walgreens, they can get it within 24 hours of the request. It has hydrocortisone in it, so it reduces inflammation and heals cracks. It's a thick waxy formula. I put it directly on my lips so the hydrocortisone has contact with the skin and then put something more moisturizing on top like Aquaphor or my beloved Clinique Superbalm. You'll feel better in no time.

I wouldn't recomend Dr. Dan's Coribalm.....It smells like sh*t and it didn't work for me, I was chapped again 5 min. later. The worst was the smell......it was so nauseating!

I have Rexall Hydrocortisone cream 0.5%.

Will that work the same as dr. dan's cortibalm?

I haven't been able to find any aquaphor.

I wouldn't recomend Dr. Dan's Coribalm.....It smells like sh*t and it didn't work for me, I was chapped again 5 min. later. The worst was the smell......it was so nauseating!

It smells like beeswax. Most people consider that pleasant. And as i said, you have to put something moisturizing on top of it for the chapping.