Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tried cooltouch, TCA, glycolic, retinA, fraxel (1 treatment) and no improvement. I dunno what to do next. :cry:

do your grow back thicker and more irritated when you do harsh things like TCA? I have some thickened/raised scars and they still get pink at times. I am trying to be gentle with them for awhile in hopes the cells that create the scar tissue get turned off and then later I can go at them with peels, etc. I had a derm tell me that when irritated for a long period of time they will just keep coming back thicker, you have to give it time to heal properly then maybe later you can resurface. Hope this helps.

my derm is injecting me with cortisone? [please correct my spelling if it's wrong] anyway, i had like two hypertrophic scars [what you have] on my face and cortisone injections made them go down; now i am working on the ones on my back -- blasted stubborn BRATS! ='[

just to make it clear to you, cortisone is a strong steroid.

OH! almost forgot! i heard pulse dye lasers CAN help raised scars too. i've seen a picture of one that fully recovered back to normal skin, but hey, cortisone injections are like free. lasers cost like 48932789437243298 dollars... ='[