Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I thought i had still had acne till i read this board, I've just realised i've not actually got acne anymore and i've not had it for a while.... But still these red marks are depressing, They don't disappear when i press them or anything like that... They ain't indent's... there just coloured marks on my skin, Just wondering how long usually these take to heal, Also what is best products to buy.

They look a lot worse than my acne did tbh, Would rather have acane.. I feel like i've been double punished for my vanity... i'm cursed.

Well, I'm moving to another country in 2 months, I really need these gone fast... I can't afford any lazer stuff i just need these thingies gone quickly :P

When i feel my skin it's smooth if you closed your eyes and felt it you wouldn't know i had it, Maybe i should find a blind girlfriend :D Please also tell me these ain't permanent, They look fugly i can't deal with having permanent damage it'd kill me.

I thought i had still had acne till i read this board, I've just realised i've not actually got acne anymore and i've not had it for a while.... But still these red marks are depressing, They don't disappear when i press them or anything like that... They ain't indent's... there just coloured marks on my skin, Just wondering how long usually these take to heal, Also what is best products to buy.

They look a lot worse than my acne did tbh, Would rather have acane.. I feel like i've been double punished for my vanity... i'm cursed.

Well, I'm moving to another country in 2 months, I really need these gone fast... I can't afford any lazer stuff i just need these thingies gone quickly :P

When i feel my skin it's smooth if you closed your eyes and felt it you wouldn't know i had it, Maybe i should find a blind girlfriend :D Please also tell me these ain't permanent, They look fugly i can't deal with having permanent damage it'd kill me.

Everyone heals differently, some it takes just a month or two, for some it can take over a year, if you want to speed up the process you could try AHA peels.

Guest nec77

My red marks are scars. I've had for 3 years. They feel smooth too :mad: . Im gonna get vBeam (pulse dye laser), I think its the best option.

How do i know if there scars or not :S I don't wanna be scared for life, My skin doesn't heal well, I have marks on my legs and arms from being a idiot irl :P

How do i know if im permanently scared? Mine are smooth as hell, I had the idea of getting a needle and poking them to see what happens but i bottled out of it :P

I got into a bit of a brawl last night ended up with a black eye makes my red marks look normal :D

How do i know if there scars or not :S I don't wanna be scared for life, My skin doesn't heal well, I have marks on my legs and arms from being a idiot irl :P

How do i know if im permanently scared? Mine are smooth as hell, I had the idea of getting a needle and poking them to see what happens but i bottled out of it :P

I got into a bit of a brawl last night ended up with a black eye makes my red marks look normal :D

It is very very rare that red marks left over from acne are scars, less than 5%, there is no way to really tell for sure but I'm guessing you're alright.

Guest nec77

Mine are pretty smooth... I can feel a slight indention in some spots. I just know mine are scars because i've had them for 3 years and my derm. said so. Its weird because mine are over my entire forehead and temples and I was broken out on my forehead by not all of it! I read on a site that it could take as long as 2 years for them to go away. So you may not have scars.

How do i know if there scars or not :S

You will definitely know once your marks have faded substantially, as was in my case.

I really need these gone fast... I can't afford any lazer stuff i just need these thingies gone quickly :P

Try a daily AHA product, such as a moisturizer, or if you have oily skin, an AHA toner. Check product labels and go for those with Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid or Malic Acid (preferably the first two) labelled somewhere at the top of the ingredients list.

TBH, it will take more than a few months for the marks to go away. The daily use of an AHA product (purpose: exfoliation) will accelerate the process by just alittle. Same goes for AHA peels. If you think about the "down-time" you have to put into it and how long it's going to take for your skin to recover and all that -- it's a great amount of time. To add, it will take several peels and thus, several months.

I just want to say so you know what to expect. I've been there. It's gonna take time. Treatments won't immediately shed all the damaged skin cells.

And I want to further add, since you say your skin feels smooth, you most likely won't have scars and if you did, it would be very, very minimal -- something easily fixed ... but again, with time.

I had the idea of getting a needle and poking them to see what happens but i bottled out of it :P

Good thing you didn't and don't ever. :razz:

I have some stuff i had for a while called Zirh alpha hydroxy or something, Do i use this after i wash with soap or before?

I never used the stuff before, I had it for when i had acne but didn't see improvement so stopped using it.

I had red marks for about 5month now i think, I need get rid of them quick -_- they look pretty bad in some light but not other's.

How do i know if ive got broken capilaries? I tried pressing them but nothing happened they just stayed, They seem to be marks from where ive really gone to work on a spot when u get the awesome *POP* noise maybe i fucked my skin along the way, Anyway i really need get rid of these they don't look good at all they make me hate myself.

All ive got for them atm is that hydroxy.

I only used 1 product for acne and i didn't really use it much, My acne pretty much went on it's own but left red marks.

Come to think about it, I probably had red marks a long time i can't remember the point where i got rid of acne and they went into red marks, As i thought i still had acne.

Anyone got rid of red marks here or saw an improvement with any products? Please tell me, I ain't got much money but i just want a quick solution, I feel like ive been double punished.

Vbeam is not an option, I don't like anything unnatural being done to me -_-