Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I cut out apples, pears and don't eat that much grapes and strawberries as much as I use to and my acne is like disappering. But I've also added in green tea, olive oil, flax oil, ground flaxseed, carrot juice and it's made a huge difference in my skin. It's simply amazing.

Is there a such a thing as having to much flax oil or ground flaxseed?

I really dont know any of those answers but I just decided to eat tons of fruits and vergetable and I have a Juiceman Juicer ive had for years but never used and i have vegetable vitamin powder and fruit vitamin powder and got some Omega Complex Pills and hope this will help if not at least make me a little healthier... just felt like telll someone this lol good luck

Also, all of those frutis ive read help acne i think it is just because of the things you added because those are all greattt especially the carrot juice and flax oil

Maybe its sugar you allergic too... or what aggravates your acne! well glad you discovered something. Were those organic fruits anyway?

Nope, not organic. I had some grapes tonight, I haven't broken out for 2 days, which is a first. So we'll see what happens.

Also, I've been drinking limewater and take one pill of zinc since Friday. So right now it's a tough call if that's making a big difference or not.

Nope, not organic. I had some grapes tonight, I haven't broken out for 2 days, which is a first. So we'll see what happens.

Also, I've been drinking limewater and take one pill of zinc since Friday. So right now it's a tough call if that's making a big difference or not.

Oh, if you do eat fruit, go organic, pesticides can cause cancer in longrun, plus no one knows long term effects of them anyway. !!!

Yeah, I'd say the carrot juice must be helping you out a lot as is the flax oil. An even better choice would be a good brand of cod liver oil. Personally I find flax seeds break me out though :-\

Yeah, I'd say the carrot juice must be helping you out a lot as is the flax oil. An even better choice would be a good brand of cod liver oil. Personally I find flax seeds break me out though :-\

Same here. Well I can have like a tablespoon of the seeds every day and be fine, but a tablespoon of flax seed oil will break me out. It's high in phytoestrogens (messes with your hormones) so that's probably why.

Same here. Well I can have like a tablespoon of the seeds every day and be fine, but a tablespoon of flax seed oil will break me out. It's high in phytoestrogens (messes with your hormones) so that's probably why.

Ahh, are you serious? Well, we'll see how it goes for me.

Ahh, are you serious? Well, we'll see how it goes for me.

Some people say flax seed oil really helps their acne, so yeah, it could go either way for you...

Beta Carotene and omega-3's seem to improve overall complexion and skin health, but there is nothing to suggest that they help with acne itself. However with extended cases of acne that doesnt respond to conventional treatment there is usually more at work than the simple acne complex. So what is in actuality a small change could result in a chain effect that leads to much greater improvement. Best of luck to you in continuing your current success.

Well, I put some flax oil on my salad today....there's like no taste. So I added in olive oil. I hope it's not a bad thing to mix them up. It's recommended that you should take a tablespoon of flax seed oil. Now I added in about 5 tablespoons in my salad. And I also eat my cereals with ground flaxseed. The ground flaxseed is like my new chocolate. I love it with my cereal, tastes so good...But I'm thinking that's to much omega-3 to intake in a day? Am I correct? It's recommended that you only consume about 3 grams of omega-3 in a day or it can lead up to excessive bleading. I have like no idea how much I consume per day.

Well, I put some flax oil on my salad today....there's like no taste. So I added in olive oil. I hope it's not a bad thing to mix them up. It's recommended that you should take a tablespoon of flax seed oil. Now I added in about 5 tablespoons in my salad. And I also eat my cereals with ground flaxseed. The ground flaxseed is like my new chocolate. I love it with my cereal, tastes so good...But I'm thinking that's to much omega-3 to intake in a day? Am I correct? It's recommended that you only consume about 3 grams of omega-3 in a day or it can lead up to excessive bleading. I have like no idea how much I consume per day.

You shouldn't be consuming 5 tablespoons of flax seed oil a day. Like I said, the phytoestrogens mess with your hormones. Plus in large amounts, flax can inhibit the uptake of iodine to your thyroid (that's not a good thing). At most I think you should have 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the ground seeds in a day. If you want more omega 3s than that, fish oil or cod liver oil are better sources anyway.

Keep in mind we don't need to replace fats everyday like we need to constantly for water soluble vitamins and minerals. Fats stick inside the body and stay inside the system for extended periods of time, so taking that much flax seed oil is not beneficial.