Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swill

Surely it's not supposed to take this long...

I apply a full fat fingers worth of the CSR Gel to both of my upper cheeks, my nose, and the middle of my forehead. Recently, after a bad spout with my skin after months of general clear-ness, I consulted the Common Mistakes section on the site, and... I've started being more gentle with my skin again, and making sure i apply the full amount, and that it is all absorbed properly, but without too much pressure - the way it should be done.

However, it is taking me over TWENTY minutes to apply it and rub it in! As I've explained, I'm not even applying to half of my whole face, but it seems to take me so long when I do it the 'proper' way. Is this normal? How long do you guys spend applying it? Do I just need to continue to be patient with it, or are there some tips anyone can suggest?

Thanks in advance guys; be interesting to hear how long you all take...

i take 5 minutes =) im not sure but i dont think ur supposed to put 2 fat finger fulls on less then half of ur face thats alot!

gently rub it on until it begins to feel a bit tacky, then just stop and let it absorb/dry. It really shouldn't take very long to rub it on.

You should probably only be using half a finger or so for the area you're describing. I use a full finger (medium-sized line, not a huge one) for my whole face and some of my neck; a full finger for one's whole face is what Dan recommends. Using a full 'fat' finger for just the area you're applying to seems excessive. I can see why it wouldn't be absorbing very quickly.

I'd suggest cutting down to about half a finger. Apply the gel gently until it feels sort of sticky on the skin, and then leave it to dry.

(it takes me anywhere from 6-10 minutes to do my whole face with the 'correct' amount. If you're using half a finger on just the areas you describe, it should probably take you five minutes, maximum)

J/W i usually do mine after i get out of the shower at night becausee i wash my face there anyway adn then i wait put on my bp and i start sweating is this bad?