Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mostly Spots

4% Hydroquinone.

I hear people say to get a 4% hydroquinone all the time, but i want to know if its worth it, cause they are expensive. I've heard about Eldopaque, Dermesse, which one is better.

Guest President Slut

HQ cream is for pigmentation,

go to my pined thread in the red marks forum titled 'red scars information' and do the 'test'

if you have real pigmentation, i.e: brown marks, then it will be mostly gone in about 3 months assuming you apply it every day and night.

HQ cream is for pigmentation,

go to my pined thread in the red marks forum titled 'red scars information' and do the 'test'

if you have real pigmentation, i.e: brown marks, then it will be mostly gone in about 3 months assuming you apply it every day and night.

i have brown marks from past acne, i'm black, so i dont really get red marks. what do u mean apply it every day and night, apply what? eldopaque, or another cream. is it 2 or 4%

Guest President Slut

ok, you definatly have PIH.

Use ANY [dont matter which] type/brand/make/product that has 4 or more percent of hydroquinone.

Have a shower day and night, and apply the HQ cream immediatley after your out and dry.

After applying the HQ cream, wait about 15-20 minutes and put on some sun block, wear a hat and stay out the sun coz you could go backwards with sun exposure.

you can get the generic of glyquin for about 10$. It is extremely powerful so becareful. I actually had to stop using it after a few days a few months back.

I am interested in purchasing a 4% hydroquinone for use after I finish using the 2% that I have now. There are actually alot of 4% to choose from. I am considering Lustra or Glyquin.

Lustra has 4% hydroquinone, 4% glycolic acid and SPF 15. Glyquin has 4% hydroquinone, 10% glycolic acid and SPF 15. I am not liking the fact that the SPF is only 15. I wonder if I should use additional SPF on top of that.

I would like to hear your opinion Marino!

you can get the generic of glyquin for about 10$. It is extremely powerful so becareful. I actually had to stop using it after a few days a few months back.

Whats it called and where can u get it from.

It doesn't really matter what brand you use. If it has 4% hydraquinone then its all gonna work the same.

Just a reminder to the ladies that this product causes birth defects so don't use it if you may become pregnant!

Whats it called and where can u get it from.

it's literally called . . . "hydroquinone cream"- and in subtitle it actually says "generic of glyquin"- You have to get a prescription for hydro 4% after that you get to pick wich brand you want. You don't have to choose the name brand- Right now i use generic tretinoin cream instead of Retin-A and that stuff is so cheap it's not even funny.

no need for a prescription. Go get it off ebay. Lustra makes my skin really red though...I've only used it a couple times and everytime i use it my skin gets red, then returns to normal color in a couple days.

no need for a prescription. Go get it off ebay. Lustra makes my skin really red though...I've only used it a couple times and everytime i use it my skin gets red, then returns to normal color in a couple days.

why, u can get a prescription from any doctor. just ask for a prescription and show them ur spots. doesnt have to be a derm. I hope this works though, because i get my license in 3 months. i want a clear face on my pic.

Just a reminder to the ladies that this product causes birth defects so don't use it if you may become pregnant!

Thanks for the info. I have some of this and havent used it in a while but was thinking about starting it back but I am trying to get pregnant so I will hold off. Thanks again. I knew there was a reason I checked in to the site today!

Check out the Neostrata website (www.neostrata.ca). They have the 4% Cream with Glycolic Acid and Sunblock. There is also the link to buy it online as well.

Thanks for the link!