Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have just started using Stievamycin mild gel at night and using Spectro Jel wash. I have mild acne and nothing seems to work including SA and benzoyl peroxide. My skin really started breaking out about a month ago when i went off birth control pills for 2 months then got back on them. Since then i have not had a period in 3 months and i think it's really messing with my horomones. I have heard some good things about this stuff and just was wondering if anyone else has tried it and what to expect. I don't want to break out worse before i get better but i guess it depends on the person.

i use stievamycin and spectro jel wash and it works good i never get pimples anymore

my doctor recommended stievamycin after i was not getting the results i wanted from differin

its good because it has retin-a(generic) and an antibiotic

but just so u know i've heard that u get bad initial break out from this stuff so dont get discouraged at first (i got a bad initial break out with differin, so i didn't break out when i switched)

but in the end ur skin will be soo SMOOTH!!!

Guest grace028

i went to my doctor 2 days ago and he told me that 2.5% wouldnt do anything for my mainly non-inflammatory acne (which is what dan says as well). I find that my acne starts as non-inflammaroty...ie a million little whiteheads and blackheads...and then a few times a month one will get inflamed and get really big and red. SO he has put me on stievamycin and specto. I have had an initial breakout...but i also jsut started ortho tricyclen so it could be from that? i hear you are to expect an initial breakout...i just thot i had finished my initial breakous when starting dans regimen..but i guess your skin always has to get used to different products!

i started stievamycin about a month ago and yeah i got a breakout, got a few of the big harder (cysts??) ones which i never really get so that sucks but i know my skin is purging and itll be worth it in the end. i wash with spectro moisturizing cleanser also.

will be starting diane 35 again soon since going off it is why my acne came back.