Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

its a beautiful day, i sit by my computer all day looking for more "acne cures"

Its so nice out, not too sunny, but sunny, the air smells sooo nice. but just the thought of going out in sun with all my acne and cover up on looking all fake and oily! i was wondering if theres any pills that help control il? also i was thinking about using dans bp but not sure if i should. I really love the sun and it kills me that i cant go out tanning , and im so white and pale because of hidding from the sun. Ahhh summer is around the coner and as much as i love the summer its killing me because ill have to hide away from it!

Yeah I'm sorta afraid of the sun as well and I'm using dan's bp now as well as mynocyclin. While on these two I need to be careful about staying out in the sun too long and because I'm fair skinned, I was worried about being in the sun too long before I started either of those medications. I think if you're acne isn't too severe you should use a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil and then use dan's bp. It'll probably help with your acne but you won't be able to stay out in the sun for too long, even with a sunscreen. Don't think about tanning though, that'll ruin your skin, especially if you're going to use dan's bp. I guess if you want to stay out in the sun, just put on an oil free sunscreen with a high SPF such as 45 or more, and don't stay out in the sun for more than two hours since you are also fair skinned.

Pfft, tans are overrated. Just do what I did, learn to love cold weather and being pale, and start plotting your evil schemes to destroy the sun.

Just remember, cold weather is cuddling weather. ;)

Go out. You *know* you want to. Don't keep locked up! Go stretch your legs, honey!

You only live once, don't let acne take that away from you!

For some strange reason it's "cool" to have a tan where I live but I really like being pale! My mother had skin cancer and she tells me all the time the only regret she has in life is laying out in the sun. I might be somewhat pale right now...but I'm hoping that I will look good at 40 if I don't burn myself up!

Guest Realist

Just get some orange bronzer, yo. You will be cool like Lee Hotti.

I'm not scared of the sun. When I can bring myself to be outside (I'm much more of an indoors person - my interests don't really coincide with being outdoors), I love being out in the sun.

One thing that makes me angry though is my dad insisting that my face would clear up if I got more sun... he just said it again like, 5 minutes ago after noticing that I'm badly broken out....Well, duh. That's why I had to go the derm last week, my skin was very irritated. Figures he'd say it when I think it's starting to lessen. Know what else drives me crazy? He gets really angry & mean sometimes and it upsets me a lot. His attitude makes my anxiety worse - that in itself will make my skin even *more* broken out. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't even talk to me. He doesn't know a thing about my acne, though he likes to believe he does. :hand:

The sun sure isn't going to cure my acne. I'm tired of being told about acne "cures". Diet, sun, sleep....I'm waiting for someone to say death. That's the only one I would believe in.

I have a very light tan but it's not really noticeable. I come off looking really pale and I like it. I like to do gardening but if I go out I'll wear a hoodie. Inside I wear sleaveless shirts. Who cares what colour your skin is? Isn't that a form of racism? I dunno :lol:

I have fair hair and pale skin. I live in the North of England. Yet I'M the one made to feel like a freak because my skin isn't brown/orange/tangoed. wtf? My skin is really healthy too, apart from on my face. Everyone likes to offer me advice - 'use this tanning oil' 'the sun beds are ok in moderation '(yeah right) etc etc. Why? What's wrong with healthy, white skin?

just wait until 2011...according to the discovery channel and NASA, that's when the next sunstorm/solar storm will take place...we're all gonna be f*cked.

I fear the sun. When me n my friends are outside talking or w/e, I tend to look at the ground or hang my head low and avoid eye contact. You see every flaw more in the sun.. every hair, every pore, every zit and every mark and the oil. Ughhhh

Just go out for a short period of time...I doubt you'll get burned in 5 minutes. My skin's light as hell and I have like a permanent sunburn on my neck...but other than that...lol.

I use to worry about the sun and think about what my skin might look like one day. Now I don't care and stay outside all day without sunblock or anything. The world could end tomorrow and I would regret not staying outside enjoying life and getting a good tan. I learn to stop living in the future and live in the moment cause anything could happen at anytime.