Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
libr8r

how many blood tests

Im terrified of needles, last time i had one was 3 years ago. Which was an immunisation.

How many test are done say in a 6 month period?

I was thinking of bring my ipod and putting some chilled out song like jack johnson.

To keep my mind of it, also maybe a numb pad

I have to have about 8 or 9 in all. 2 before I went on Accutane and then one for every month that I am on Accutane. I also think I have to have blood drawn a month after I finish Accutane. I am not sure how many months I will be on Accutane for, so I am not sure exactly how many blood tests I will have to take.

They take about 3 mins. I got stuck w/ one needle and they took 2 viles of blood. I don't think I would have time to turn my ipod on.

Try not to freak yourself out about it too much. You always build it up to be worse than it actually is. Good luck.

Accutane has broken me of my fear of getting my blood drawn. Before accutane I'd freak out, get worried, and totally make the whole thing worse than what it really was.

I think I"ve had mine drawn a time or two less than 10. I'm looking forward to getting the one or two more times out of the way.

I <3 butterfly needles (as opposed to the others, lol). Ask for them. If they get it in the vein right away you can barely even feel it. Honestly.

I had one before my treatment, and will have another one after I'm done with 3 months which will be in a few weeks.

One a month before, one each month, one month afterwards.

If you have needle phobia, don't look at the needle. You can just stare off into space and ask the person taking blood to just give you a countdown so you are prepared for the pinprick.

I use to freak out about needles but this is no biggie

It also feels funny when they're drawing out the blood

Just watch out for the interns who couldn't find the right vein and had to poke me like 3x to get it right finally

but I had 7 shots - 1 for each month and 1 before hand

Whats a butterfly needle?

I went to the derm for the first time today,im getting bloods tomorrow and getting on acctuane next wednesday.. he said there would be one test before going on, and just one after I finish