Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Haro!!

Fyi, found newish product with AHA & BHA in it...not sure what the % is (frustrating that they don't include these things, ne?). It's called "Pore Buster" - a clear gel serum.

http://www.rohto.co.jp/taisaku/pora.html

I'm workin this into Dan's regimen (lotsa clogged pores).

Hope this works, and for interested peeps in Japan, you can find this at HAC Drugs & Donki Hote.

Ja ne...

i was in japan a long time and they have jack shit..the only good stuff is the high end brands from overseas..thy dont prescribe accutane or BP anywhere...only a lot of bullshit clansers and serums..IMO

I don't know how I got on their mailing list but I received a copy of DHC catalogue in my mailbox. I had no idea that they sold their products outside Japan. Anyway, they have lots of stuff that'd be good for acne prone skin including retinol products, AHA, and glycolic acid. They included a free sample of a very odd looking mask (tourmaline pack). Surprisingly, it left my skin baby smooth. I want a tube now. :D

So, I'm sure if I can mail order them from Hawaii, those products are all readily available in Japan as well.

What I'd love to use if I were living in Japan, is the line of herbal cosmetic that is always on TV ads (sorry, don't know how to read the company's name). I got the free sample kit and my skin LOVED it. After one week, my skin started to glow and had that transparent look to it. To get the entire set, however, it would have cost me more or less $800 for three months worth of supply. As much as I'd love to have perfect skin, I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money.

CrystalEyes,

I'm sorry about your experiences in Japan. I have heard that some dermatologists don't really treat acne there since it's considered a cosmetic issue, not a medical condition. Skin is such a big deal to Japanese girls/women; I don't know why the medical professionals aren't more enlightened or attuned to the needs of their patients. I know what's it's like to seek medical treatments in foreign countries. It's never pleasant. I'm glad that you're home now and doing much better.