Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do people (most likely in the UK, that's where it's readily available OTC) think of this topical cream? It contains:

10% Benzoyl Peroxide

0.5% Potassium Hydroxyquinoline Sulphate.

I have had a very good initial response to 2 applications a day.

Does anyone use it/ has anyone ever used it? (etc.)

Ive started using this stuff, been on it for 2 days. (Had my acne a year or two (maybe three :( ) This stuff, on the contrary to what others said about 10% bp, works a treat. Its cleared away some what kept on popping up 2-3 days as whiteheads and they have gone down. The rest of the mild acne, it is working on it and i can notice a difference and thats only 2 days after! Im quite chuffed with this stuff as ive tried oxy on the spot (2.5% not very good but but the best out of the rest ive used -->) garnier synergie stuff, avon blemish (or whatever) stuff, clearasil 'overnight defense gel'. I use clearasil's face wash.

Personally i would recommend this stuff as it does work better for me than 2.5%; and i know that conflicts with what the vast majority say but 2.5% bp did not do half as much as this stuff has done.

Yeah, the stuff's great. In fact I have been using the Quinoderm with 5% BP in it because it doesn't dry the skin as much. UK people, check it out!

yep I'm a quinoderm user too :D

Its very good and comes in big bottles it can be slightly drying when first getting used to it but still good stuff , comes in big containers and if your lucky you might be able to get it on the nhs like me :D$

I wouldn't reccomend the 10% though atall it's pretty overdrying , always get the 5%.

weird i just got this stuff rom the doc the other day thought it looked kinda new...ne how glad to hear its workin well for u guys, not tried it yet im still on pan oxyl, so its highly recommneded then?

Guest fatman_uk

Big bottles huh? I think i might look for this stuff for my shoulders.

Where'd you get it, pharmacy only?

-Gaz

I just brought some of this stuff, the 10% bp one.

A question, if I apply 2 times a day will it dry my skin out to much ??

I ask because I was prescribed summink at the doctors which had 10% bp in and needed applying 2x a day and at the end of the week my skin was so flaked out that it looked like I had been dragged to wales on a concrete road, not good ](*,)

Guest fatman_uk

I jus got some, it's the same price as Panoxyl... let's just hope it works better.

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Yeah, its doin good... got rid of 90% of the problem on my shoulders within 2 days, but i went swimming an it seems to have been worse the past day or 2.

Too early to comment at the minute anyhow. I'll tell ya how it is at the end of the week.

-Gaz