Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justify

Not shaving has been beneficial

I have not shaved for about 2 weeks and my skin has been good for over 2 weeks and i have been happy for over 2 weeks. And my derm said shaving would be good for my acne.

thats what i thought too when i grew a beard for about a month. then i shaved and realized that wasnt really the truth.

Yea, oil is gonna cling to the hair on your face, I shave every morning, but wash your face first, then shave.

He said not shaving HELPED him.

Yea, oil is gonna cling to the hair on your face, I shave every morning, but wash your face first, then shave.

He said not shaving HELPED him.

Well "HE" is wrong. It just hides the problem, not fix it.

when you dont shave, your sweat gets trapped on your facial hair, and you need to wash your face more. shaving makes your skin stronger and is easier to wash and much easier to apply any kind of lotion that your using, thats a fact.

remember guys, shaving IS exfoliating.

so unless you have a problem with ingrown hairs etc or cutting off the tops of pimples then shaving is only going to benefit the skin.. assuming you're doing it right (click here)

and rawlins right youll probly notice that the skin is actually not all that great when you eventually shave and its just that the hair growth hides the acne a bit. but you can still keep your skin clean with a beard over it, the easiest way is just to shampoo it the same time you do your hair.