Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Rebecca*

BP and Premature Wrinkles

It seems ever since i began using BP the lines in my forehead have become more and more prominent ... b4 i would put make up on and they would be covered .. now the makeup gets in between the lines and it looks horrible they look so much mroe noticeable. So now ive resorted to not wearing make up at all .. i know that sitn a bad thing but i actually look better w/o the makeup now. Has any1 else had this problem? I have used SA since i was 13 (now 18) and it never did this .. i also have fine line sin my forehead now .. my face is smooth the the touch but it doesnt look it ... i manually exfoliate to ... these wrinkles are killign me im 18 i should have a smooth wrinkle free face. Any suggestions on moisturizers? Or what i should do? I am thinking of stopping all acne products for a while and strictly usin nothing but exfoliation and alot of moiturizer.

For someone as young as you, usually those "wrinkles" are just dehydrated skin.

I'm looking at your regimen in your signature, and you are probably compounding the problem by using astringent, those are very drying. And you are using masks, which also are drying.

I think you are simply using too many things.

Try to get strictly on the Regimen, a gentle cleanser, 2.5% bp, and a non-medicated oil-free moisturizer, twice a day

I use a ton of BP (a thick finger of it twice a day) and I'm not experiencing these dryness wrinkles. In fact, I'd say the texture of my skin is more makeup-friendly now than it ever has been. I'm with Brandy, those masks and the astringent are probably drying your skin so that even moisturizer can't help it. Also, the time you spend rubbing in the BP, letting it dry, and rubbing in the moisturizer seems to really make a difference with how makeup goes on for me. If I didn't rub the BP in enough or didn't let it dry long enough before applying moisturizer (15 minutes), I get some BP peeling (the BP itself, not my skin) that I have to wipe off before I can get even concealer to look okay.

There's also something to be said for decreasing how much makeup you wear. I just wear concealer, translucent loose powder, and bronzer, and I'm a happy camper.

im always used SA and i used an SA astringent last summer and nothing happened with wrinkles .. i started using BP and it happned and i wasnt suing anything else but BP and a moisturizer and not only did it dry my skin out but my makeup and everything started to look odd. And as for the mask .. i use that like once a month lol .. it really sint much i only use it when i remember i have it or when i get a breakout due to hormones. I think i will juss stick with rehyrdrating my skin .. im hoping that works ... bc i dont get many pimples its mostly red marks .. so i suppose i can juss spot treat and moisturize .. we'll see what happens ...