Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
venicequeen24

diet when i was 13

Hi everyone, I'm new here, 24 and still trying to control my acne. I was thinking about how my acne has been over the years, and I remember when I was 13 and had just gotten braces I completely cleared up. The only factor I can think of is the diet my orthodontist had told me to follow -except I cannot remember it. Does anyone else here have braces and were told to avoid certain foods? I think it may be because my acne is inflammatory?

no gum...cant remember what else. i had my braces much later (high school) and now that you mention this, that 6month period where i had braces may have been my best skin...although it was also the period where I played water polo. anyway...interesting connection.

i was in high school when i had braces, and my orthodontist told me that i'm old enough to decide what i eat, lol. tho he did mention that popcorn and non-sugar free gum is gonna get stuck and will be realllly annoying.

most docs say to avoid anything chewy or sticky, like chewy candies. also avoid anything too hard, or anything you have to bite into because it'll hurt and it could make a bracket fall off. it happened to me. also things you have to bite into will get stuck in your front teeth and look really gross!

im sure you can find the "diet" somewhere on the internet.

a "diet" however will not clear you of your acne.

That is not true.....although most people say diet doesn't affect acne, it does 100% in my case, and I know several people who have to avoid certain foods.

im sure you can find the "diet" somewhere on the internet.

Oh yeah?