Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lara1

Question for Dan

Dan

Just wanted to ask you a question. I have been on the regime for about 5 weeks now and over the last 2 weeks my skin seems to have got much worse than before I started using BP. I have a lot more active spots and seem to have a lot of red marks - much more before I started the regime. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to stop because I have heard so many good things and results but I am not sure it is working for me if it is making me worse.

I have really mild acne and I seem to be getting spots where I didn't get them before.

My regime was:-

Clearasil or Lutsine or clean and clear (I think I have been changing this too much so I am just now sticking to simple face wipes and water)

CSR

Eucerin

I was taking some herbal liver cleansing tablets but I stopped taking these a few weeks back

I have also started taking B5, Zinc and Cod liver oil capsuals.

Drink over 2 litres of water a day

Have a healthy diet no coffee, tea, sat fats or sugar.

Please help!!

If my answer doesn't help, try PMing Dan your message... he is less likely to see stuff in here as he is so busy being an admin :)

A lot of people get an initial breakout with any new regimen, BP included. Those extra zits would have come out in a few weeks anyway! Look at it this way - better now all at once than later, all spread out!

Check out StarLogic's progress - she has gone through a TON of ups and downs through the regimen but is now clearing beautifully!

If the spots keep getting worse and worse or your face itches, you might have an allergy to BP and should talk to your GP about that. Otherwise, just stick it out and as Dan says, give it 3 full months of strict adherence before you give up!

Thank you for replying. It is just so hard my acne was very mild and now I have loads of red marks that are not fading and today I have about 12 active spots much more than I have ever had before. My forehead hasn't had any active spots for a week so this is progress, I think! Mainly around my chin area with a few on my cheeks.

Thank you for replying I am going to give it a bit longer because I don't want to give up but also I don't want it to get worse.

You should be fine ! Just remember.. it takes a long time for a zit to form. And really, for a long-term solution don't you think it will take some time to work? (Hello Clearasil... clear in 3 days? PLEASE.. that stuff doesn't work long term!) So just trust your gut. If you have a feeling that it will work out you should be okay! Give it a while before giving up! And be sure you watch Dan's example video and study exactly how to do the regimen to make sure you are doing it correctly!

Good luck!

Dan

Just wanted to ask you a question. I have been on the regime for about 5 weeks now and over the last 2 weeks my skin seems to have got much worse than before I started using BP. I have a lot more active spots and seem to have a lot of red marks - much more before I started the regime. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to stop because I have heard so many good things and results but I am not sure it is working for me if it is making me worse.

I have really mild acne and I seem to be getting spots where I didn't get them before.

My regime was:-

Clearasil or Lutsine or clean and clear (I think I have been changing this too much so I am just now sticking to simple face wipes and water)

CSR

Eucerin

I was taking some herbal liver cleansing tablets but I stopped taking these a few weeks back

I have also started taking B5, Zinc and Cod liver oil capsuals.

Drink over 2 litres of water a day

Have a healthy diet no coffee, tea, sat fats or sugar.

Please help!!

okay, you mentioned changing your cleanser frequently, that alone can cause an upset in the skin which may result in breakouts. And now you are strictly using face wipes. Since those aren't actually one of the recommended products, I'm not sure if those are good to use, there is a good chance they would leave residue. See if you can find one of the recommended cleansers, or a cleanser that someone else has used with success with the CSR.

Also, you are complicating factors by adding in B5, I know some people use mega-doses of B5, but I don't think that is a good idea.

Try to stick as closely to the Regimen, as Dan describes. Just a gentle cleanser, 1 fat finger worth of bp, and an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer.

Breakouts during the first few months can be expected, so try not to fret, but do try not to complicate matters by adding/changing things frequently.

Good luck and do continue to keep us updated on your progress!

p.s. Also, if you wear makeup, do make sure that you are using one that is oil-free and non-comedogenic. Sometimes makeup is a big problem.

also, read here and be sure you aren't making any mistakes or complicating factors.

http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

read here to find a suitable cleanser.

http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

and read here to be sure you are doing the steps correctly.

http://www.acne.org/checklist.html

Hi I also had only very mild acne before starting the csr,and had soem of the worse breakouts ever around 5 weeks in,i am now on about week 8 and havent had any nasty spots for a couple of weeks.

So I think it must working!

I second everything that's been said so far. Also, funny thing is that I PMed you from another post you made and then read this and realized TennesseeGrl was like, "PM Dan". Anyway, we can just take care of it right here, so no need to return my PM.

In short, see if you can get on a recommended cleanser with bare hands only, read the biggestmistakes page, and get strictly on the regimen and give it 3 full months of precise adherence.

Then, as far as b5 goes, I had a pretty yucky experience with it when I tried it. Not only did I break out, I got oily and felt really weird when I was on it. The regimen is definitely strong enough to competely take care of acne on its own, so I recommend you give it a shot for a while without external variables. Either that or go off of the regimen entirely and do just b5. What I'm trying to say is that when you're doing 2 things at once, there are external variables and we'll never know what works for you and what doesn't.

EDIT: I just got the random thought that I should also remind you to use a ton of BP. When I personally coach people this is very often a big issue. I'm like, "dude, squirt it out!" Be generous. This is at the absolute center of the regimen.

Thank you Dan and to everyone else who has replied. I tried to order the soap from drug store.com and they wouldn't ship it to England. So I will need to try and get something else.

I have stopped taking the B5.

I haven't had a spot on my forehead for over a week now so red marks just clearing up and I have only had one spot on my chest in about 3 weeks. It is just my face and some spots are where I wasn't using the BP. I will carry on because in the back of my mind I think it is working in certain areas it is just I didn't expect it to get worse before it got better.

Thank you!

Lara1, we have a lot of members here from England, and I believe most of them shop at Boots for their cleanser/moisturizer needs. I've noticed that several people use something called "Act" cleanser, so maybe you could try this, at least for the short term?

Lara1, we have a lot of members here from England, and I believe most of them shop at Boots for their cleanser/moisturizer needs. I've noticed that several people use something called "Act" cleanser, so maybe you could try this, at least for the short term?

Thank you - I buy a lot of things from boots but ACT is their own range so I will go and buy some soap tomorrow - thank you for replying - very kind!

Thank you sooo much. I'm in my 5th week as well, following the CSR strictly, being gentle, eating right, etc. THEN I get this massive break out, more than I've ever gotten, and it won't go away! I'm still sticking to the CSR, but I was getting worried. I know what you mean, you're wondering if you're making it worse. I was scared that I was hurting my skin, or having a bad reaction until I read your post and all the replies. It's good to know that I'm not alone, and we both seem bound for clear skin. I'm now more confident that the regimen will work, it will just take time.

Hey. I logged on today cuz the same thing is happening to me. I'm heading into my 5th week and I just got the worst breakout ever (I even got one on my eyelid, WTF). Apparently this is normal so I guess I'll just carry on and hope that next week will be better.

Thanks everyone! (Dan rocks!)