Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really had no idea where else to post this.. and I figured this fit fine under the emotional section haha, since my weight is my second biggest worry besides acne.

I've been loosing a little weight recently, and I have noticed that since I've been loosing, i've been gaining stretch marks! arn't I only suppose to get stretch marks from gainging weight?

Dude, I got stretch marks just from growing too fast - about a foot in two years when I was in middle school. I've never lost or gained a lot of weight. I have huge scars that reach all the way horizontally across my back. In fact, I'm honestly not even certain they're stretch marks, but I can't think of what else they would be. It looks like someone tried to barbecue me when I was a little kid, or I've been whipped or something.

I have them on my butt, upper thighs and on my boobs, I think the first two were from lifiting weights. My glutes and quads got big pretty fast. The latter have been with me since I was about 12, when I went from a AA to a C cup in about three months. ......My stretch marks on my legs and butt showed up after I cooled it at the gym for a while and my muscles atrophied a bit. I guess they didn't show up when my muscles were huge, because the skin was pulled so tight by the muscles underneath. When the muscles shrak a little, I saw the marks.....The were reddish at first but after about 5 years they all just faded into whitish marks that only show up if I'm tan.

I don't mind mine so much. I'm really the only one who notices them......

I have stretch marks on my upper legs and hip area...they are small and white colored...they still bother me though...I got them from losing like 15 pounds just in a months time..when I was like 13 years old...they suck...some people are more prone to developing them also...I dread having a kid...I'll be one big stretch mark....blah.

I got them on my hips, can't see it much. I read somewhere that jojoba oil is suppose to be good for stretch marks too. I'm applying that on every night. It's been less then a week, so lets see.

I really had no idea where else to post this.. and I figured this fit fine under the emotional section haha, since my weight is my second biggest worry besides acne.

I've been loosing a little weight recently, and I have noticed that since I've been loosing, i've been gaining stretch marks! arn't I only suppose to get stretch marks from gainging weight?

where are you getting them?

are you talking about celluilites? if yes then there are TONS of products for them out there, i swear, every beauty product line has something for them.

Also, you will get stretch marks from loosing weight as well as from gainging weight. When you loose weight, your fat dissappears but your skin doesn't exactly shrink, so that's why you get them.

Guest Realist

I think stretch marks are hot.

I got them on my back

They have faded by now.

They arent a big deal.

I actually got called in when I was on the cross country team in high school and ran with my shirt off. The scars are so big and noticeable that the school was concerned someone was severely abusing me.

Guest President Slut

i neva got stretch marks,

then again i haven't grown since i was 14- though i did gain alota mass on my upper body around 2003 pretty quick,

i believe a balanced diet and having oily skin may of helped prevent it.

Its honestly no big deal for me, i can't think of one girl i dated who never had them around there butt or waist. I notice it but it, but doesn't really turn me off or anything, its just so common it looks normal. Cheer up, theres worse things out there.

Guest funky_monkey

stretch marks as is 'red lines'?

Mandy, I have them on my hips and butt. I had them before I ever gave birth. Don't worry about them and as Donkey and Realist said they are "hot", I have found many men to have expressed that especially now that low cut jeans are in and my stretchmarks show above the pant line. Take it from an older woman ;) they are nothing to worry about and although they don't go away, they do fade in time.

Ang

I hate stretch marks, I have a high metabolism and is naturally thin so I got them from losing weight(i lose weight horribly, horribly easy and i wish it wasn't that way i'm already fucking skinny :( . I was shocked becuz I thought you only got them from gaining weight. If you want to remove then get Avon Stretch Marks Refiner, two weeks guaranteed and they'll be gone, at least for me and also my sister. First product I have ever used that works when they say it will. Way better than cocoa butter.

Just a side note. You should only lose about 2 lbs a week. Anything Drastically more is kinda dangerous. Back on the topic, yeah, I got massive stretch marks on my shoulders from losing weight to fast(or getting to big >.>)

I was really fat in elementary and some of middle school then I got into sports and working out and lost all that extra weight. I had stretch marks I was really self conscious of, I wouldn't take off my shirt for sex even, but I got rid of 'em. Now its acne that I gotta deal with. shit.

I have them on my back and arms due to lifting weights. Could give a fuck about'em. But I imagine a girl would be more self conscious about them than a guy. Try some cocoa butter and aloe vera on them. That helps them fade a little I heard. Hope everything goes ok for ya

i was jus lookin thru some really old emo posts and i came across this (a real coincidence actually) lol! Coz yesterday morning i woke up and had the firght of my life when i found some stretchmarks on my belly area. I freaked out so bad. Ive lost a few pounds lately (although im not purposly losing weight), and now ive got stretchies! sucks big time, i used to have some on my legs but they completely faded, lets jus hope my new ones fade. I dread to think what its like to get strech makrs during pregnancy lol

Those stretch marks were always there they just show up when u lose and the skin gets loose. I dont think there is anything u can do about stretch marks though.

I once lost 60lbs. (thank God I've never gained it back) it was like when I was 14. And I also got stretch marks from the weight loss. People have told me that it was b/c I lost the weight too fast. 3 and a half mo. So if ur losing it too fast I'd try to slow it down.