Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tvirus_outbreak

Should I use the moisturiser?

Guest tvirus_outbreak

There's this expensive moisturiser and I was wondering if I should use it. The only reason I have a little doubt about it is because it contains oils (even though they are natural) so I was wondering if it is okay to use a moisturiser that contains oils. I mean, I know that people say you should use an oil free moisturiser, but this stuff seems to have so many good things in it like chamomile, jasmine, Vitamin E, sweet almond, borage, jojoba, pro-vitamin B5. And isn't it a bit of a misconception that moisturisers containing oils will give you pimples? It has 76% certified organic ingredients and it is 100% vegetarian.

There's this expensive moisturiser and I was wondering if I should use it. The only reason I have a little doubt about it is because it contains oils (even though they are natural) so I was wondering if it is okay to use a moisturiser that contains oils. I mean, I know that people say you should use an oil free moisturiser, but this stuff seems to have so many good things in it like chamomile, jasmine, Vitamin E, sweet almond, borage, jojoba, pro-vitamin B5. And isn't it a bit of a misconception that moisturisers containing oils will give you pimples? It has 76% certified organic ingredients and it is 100% vegetarian.

Sweet almond oil does cause me to break out. It's a shame, too. It makes the rest of my skin feel great, and it is awesome for massage and my hair. What is the moisturizer?

I think it's probably more of a misconception to claim that natural ingredients are better than artificial ones that it is to say that oil-free moisturizers are always better than moisturizers with oil. Get something that works, not something that just has nice sounding ingredients.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Too late. I checked this topic last night and then there were no replies so I decided to go for it anyway. It didn't break me out. It's called Alba Jasmina and Vitamin Moisture Cream. You can buy it online at www.albaorganics.com

Guest tvirus_outbreak

It doesn't actually say. I wish that comedogenic moisturisers would say something like "this moisturiser may not be suitable for people with acne prone skin" but they don't. All it says is that it's suitable for all skin types. However, you can get a similar oil free moisturiser with aloe vera and green tea that can also be purchased on their website.

True. Oh well, you'll know soon enough.. however what sucks is that if you're using that, and a whole bunch of other products, and suddenly you break out, how do you know which one it is that's responsible? Or maybe it was just another one of those bad episodes before everything gets all better! It's so hard to know, and I guess that's why it's best to use something and stick with it for ages before deciding it's bad and changing to something else. Because you just don't know whether it's just your skin/hormones or something you're using to clean or moisturize your skin with or whatever. I hope it works for you though!! :pray:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

It seems okay, but I'm just a bit worried which is why I think I will switch to Cetaphil oil free moisturiser with 15 SPF. It saves me from putting on benzoyl peroxide, then putting on moisturiser and then putting on sunscreen. My face has gone red AGAIN! I blame proactiv which is why I think I'll just stop the proactiv altogether even though I have one last package remaining. I'm now using this stuff called Benzac AC Water Based Acne Gel. It has 5% bp but it is a very gentle gel that is easily absorbed. Now I just need that cetaphil moisturiser, and I will be set to try Dan's regimen.

I reckon that sounds really great.

Yes! Stop the proactiv, good choice!

One last package aye? :shifty2: Sell it to some poor sucker who thinks it must be good because it's endorsed by celebrities like Jessica Simpson :rolleyes:

Or just someone who has found it works for them..

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Yeah, I'm giving it to this guy who says it works for him.