Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dry skin

-----------

People with diabetes are more prone to skin problems. The main reason is down to fluctuations in blood glucose levels. Simply put, good blood glucose control generally results in less skin problems. If blood glucose levels go high your body will lose fluid and some of that fluid will be lost from the layers of your skin drying it out.

If skin is dry, other problems may occur. Firstly, dry, flaky skin can feel itchy, and if you scratch it, it will become sore. Dry skin is also more likely to crack, allowing germs to enter which can cause infections.

Again, if your blood glucose level is high, you are less able to resist infections and your healing response will be slower. This can increase the risk of skin infections, boils and spots, which may take a long time to heal.

----guessin the same is for acne wounds, so this means using bp which dries the skin slows healing of skin, or is the moisturiser suppost to conteract the effects of it, i dno im just asking cos if it does then regimen aint working for me i been on it 6 weeks and these papule things are still active and red :(

Well, unless you are diabetic, that article really isn't relevent. Diabetes affects many organs and body systems.

And as for the moisturizer counteracting the dryness that bp causes, YES!! That is exactly why Dan recommends use of a moisturizer. Properly hydrated skin is healthier skin. We can kill the acne bacteria with the bp, and try to maintain moisture balance with the moisturizer.

Well, unless you are diabetic, that article really isn't relevent. Diabetes affects many organs and body systems.

And as for the moisturizer counteracting the dryness that bp causes, YES!! That is exactly why Dan recommends use of a moisturizer. Properly hydrated skin is healthier skin. We can kill the acne bacteria with the bp, and try to maintain moisture balance with the moisturizer.

then y avnt my papule thingys healed then its been at least a month now n they r still active!! n ard n hurt n r still annoyin :(

Well, like you said you are only on week 6. It does take some people awhile to get clear.

We've already reviewed your latest products and technique, so just stick with it.

then y avnt my papule thingys healed then its been at least a month now n they r still active!! n ard n hurt n r still annoyin :(

BP does not seem to be very effective at healing old pimples, but it will eventually help prevent new ones.