Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_dominator

Getting numbed in the face (local anesthetics)

I am considering getting a mole removed, and its on my face about an inch under my eye. I was just wondering if anyone can share how much pain they felt when the doctor inserts the needle to any part of your face. I'm kinda scared of the procedure for that reason, seems like it would hurt a lot.

I've had many numbing injections in my face over the past few year. I can understand your nervousness, but its not as bad as you may imagine. From my experience, before the doc injects, he pinches your skin a bit and the injection is hardly noticable. If you need more than one injection..the first injection numbs a good portion of the area making future injections pain free.

My daughter needs to have a small mole removed from under her chin, and is worried about the same as you...but she wont listen to what ol' mom has to say...lol...try not to think too much into it ..the entire will be over before you know it......it shouldn't hurt a bit.. :) good luck to you..

I am considering getting a mole removed, and its on my face about an inch under my eye. I was just wondering if anyone can share how much pain they felt when the doctor inserts the needle to any part of your face. I'm kinda scared of the procedure for that reason, seems like it would hurt a lot.

It's not bad at all. Don't even worry about it.

ok, thanks guys, I feel more confident in my decision, now its time to make an appointment.

edit: Outta curiosity, how long does the numbness last? A few hours just like getting a filling from the dentist?

i had 6 excisions on my face wednesday, so had about four shots, a couple of which were rather painful but it's so temporary, it's negligible. the numbness lasted a few hours- granted, a lot had been injected in my case.

i had 6 excisions on my face wednesday, so had about four shots, a couple of which were rather painful but it's so temporary, it's negligible. the numbness lasted a few hours- granted, a lot had been injected in my case.

So do they put a bandage or something over it? What did they tell you to do while you heal from it. Can you take showers still?

So do they put a bandage or something over it? What did they tell you to do while you heal from it. Can you take showers still?

edit: I wanted to add, how long does it take for it to heal? I was planning to have the surgery done during my 2 week break from school, but I"m not sure if I'll be healed by then

edit: I wanted to add, how long does it take for it to heal? I was planning to have the surgery done during my 2 week break from school, but I"m not sure if I'll be healed by then

not sure about how it works with the procedure you're looking into but, yes, they applied little 'steri-strip' bandages over the spots and the stitches come out one week after the excision. the bandages are kept on for another week following removal. so it's a bit of down time in my case, as i have many, but last time i just had one done and it wasn't very noticeable as the strips are quite low key. suspect this would be the case with you. depends on the depth as well. last time, i had a pressure bandage for a few days which was basically a ball of cotton taped to my face. but excision-depth wounds are superficial enough to not require them. two weeks should be plenty of time, i'd think. showers are fine so long as the face is kept dry as possible but your doctor will specify for you, likely give you a little instruction sheet, etc.