Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have very small pitts in my skin and I was going to do either a peel or a microdermabrasion but I've heard many negative things about microdermabrasion. So if I go with a peel, what kind of peel should I get and can I buy this myself or should I go to a dermatologist to do it. Also are there any peels that get rid of freckles? I have a couple on my cheek. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone

I would probably go with a 30% glycolic acid peel to start with. You can do these yourself.. and work up to a 50% glycolic acid peel.

If you have really sensitive skin you might want to do it with lactid acid, instead. You can get them in the same strengths.

I get my peels from here.. well, I guess I haven't received my peel yet. But, I ordered the 30% lactid acid peel because I have sensitive skin.

http://www.larachem.com/glycolic_acid.htm

It takes a lot of time... probably 6 months to a year before you start noticing any kind of change.

I mean, your overall skin tone should be a lot smoother after the first peel, though. Start SLOW, and work your way up.

chemical peels dont seem to do a whole lot for pitting..even minor cause i've tried..microdermabrasion isnt bad at all..i've had a few done with minimal results..but if u do a series of peels you will prolly see a great improvement..downtime sucks tho

chemical peels dont seem to do a whole lot for pitting..even minor cause i've tried..microdermabrasion isnt bad at all..i've had a few done with minimal results..but if u do a series of peels you will prolly see a great improvement..downtime sucks tho

You contradicted yourself, dude.

"Chemical peels don't seem to do a whole lot for pitting... but if you do a series of peels you will prolly see great improvement.."

Um, so chemical peels don't work, but a series of chemical peels yields great improvement? Interesting. Very interesting.

Chemical peels didn't do anything for my scars but they ruined my overall skin texture. Now I have orange peel texture and a lot of ice picks. Before trying chemical peels think about it several times. You could ended up worse.

Thank you all for your responses. I have tried a 30% glycolic, I left it on for about 6 mins then rinsed. I did this about 5-10 times so far, I didn't notice any peeling whatsoever. Are the peels everyone is talking about a chemical peel where a whole layer of your skin peels off? If so, what is that called?