Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaimeLynn

been on amoxicillin for strep throat....

hey everyone,

like the title of my post says... I was put on amoxicillin to clear up a strep throat infection. my skin happened to be pretty broken out at the time. well, it seems that ever since i've been on the med, my skin has cleared up very noticibley. This could very well just be a weird coincidence, and even if it isn't, i'm not gonna keep trying to take amoxicillin to keep my face clear!... but I was just wondering if there could be a correlation? the only other difference i have made is that i stopped using benzoyl peroxide altogether and started using neutrogena anti-wrinkle intense moisturizing night cream (it has retinol and hyrolaunic acid in it) i really can't believe how much my skin has cleared and i really hope it stays...

idk, but unfortunetely, amoxicillin is the ONE thing I'm alergic to! Watch, it will turn out to be an acne cure for everyone on the board. lol.

hmmm, anyway, it could also be the fact that you were not going anywhere or doing anything, so there was no pressure on you...no stress.

Could be part of the medicine, but I notice I am usually clear when I am getting over a sickness. I think it is my immune system going on full alert to battle the illness, which also helps my face. Maybe so maybe not. Probably not though, I doubt the immune system has anything to do with my skin being clear. The bad news is docs usually only prescribe a 10 day bottle so I doubt he will continue filling bottles because it helped acne. I am not sure if amox is safe for long term usage.

Andrewski, how about your current regimen for your sig ;)

hey everyone,

like the title of my post says... I was put on amoxicillin to clear up a strep throat infection. my skin happened to be pretty broken out at the time. well, it seems that ever since i've been on the med, my skin has cleared up very noticibley. This could very well just be a weird coincidence, and even if it isn't, i'm not gonna keep trying to take amoxicillin to keep my face clear!... but I was just wondering if there could be a correlation? the only other difference i have made is that i stopped using benzoyl peroxide altogether and started using neutrogena anti-wrinkle intense moisturizing night cream (it has retinol and hyrolaunic acid in it) i really can't believe how much my skin has cleared and i really hope it stays...

The anti biotics kill bacteria, and probably a strong dose of amoxcillin has helped kill the bacteria in your skin. long term anti biotics like tetracyclin take longer to clear skin because of the low dosage of antibiotic in them and teake weeks to get a result, but are safer in low dose and you body will build up less resistance to them that way, but in high dose they will kill bacteria much quicker, and its probably killed some of the the bacteria in your pores thus reducing inflammation.