Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgroove

exoderm failure

AmoALaura,

I thought you had your exoderm in Argentina. Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I do think something should be done. Come on!! We're not talking about a cream that if doesn't work, at least, it doesn't cause irreversible consequences and you've wasted only $100. It's exoderm, YOur skin is red for several months which means you have to live like a primitive, hiding in caves. How much does Dr. Rullan charge? over $ 4,000 and if you don't live in San Diego, you'll end up spending more and more money. And aftern being told (lied) you'll attain 50 + improvement, you end up worse than before!!! It's a crime!! I've heard more negative than positive comments about exoderm and specifically about Dr. Rullan.

No, you are right. Sorry in my post it seems that i am saying that i had it with Dr Rullan, i had it in Argentina. Whyme? didn't have it with Dr Rullan either.

How about this lady making 300 bucks a day with rullan for smoothies, unbelievable. "all of them have turned out beautifully"

Alexandra By the Sea Posted on: Aug 19 2005, 12:37 AM

Group: Members

Member No.: 27,713

"The cost is around 300 a day. WIth this includes taxi ride from airport to hotel and doctor's office. Nursing care 24 hours at my place by the beach or hotel and of course gourmet smoothie meals made with my vita-mix.I'm actually taking care of one of the acne.org member right now and she loves it. When you do request a brochure from Dr. Rullan it will also include a pricelist of my services. If anyone is thinking about doing an exoderm, I would highly recommend Dr. Rullan. I have taken care of many of his patient and all of them have turned out beautifully. He was also voted "Top Doctor" in San Diego"

For 300 a day i would rather sleep in a suite of a five star hotel.

I want to add that the doctor that did my Exoderm told me that the cost of the Exoderm solution and the mask is $500. So Dr Rullan gets a 1000 % profit. That's a good business.

DR. Rullan uses the Venner Kellson phenol peel which is made in the USA. He advocates using this peel in his paper because it is cheaper than the original exoderm from Israel and he claims it is just as effective.

Oh dear. I've just learned of another exoderm DISASTER. Some people are not posting because they have yet to give the man a chance to correct whatever went wrong - and you don't want to go public & piss off someone who's going to jacking around with your face! If you guys can hang on a bit longer, I bet you'll have more people jump on the bandwagon.

Also, the literature CLEARLY states that touch ups are usually needed for acne scars, so anyone who hasn't had a touch up really has no leg to stand on as far as not seeing appreciable results. But coming out WORSE for the wear is something different entirely....

Oh dear. I've just learned of another exoderm DISASTER. Some people are not posting because they have yet to give the man a chance to correct whatever went wrong - and you don't want to go public & piss off someone who's going to jacking around with your face! If you guys can hang on a bit longer, I bet you'll have more people jump on the bandwagon.

Also, the literature CLEARLY states that touch ups are usually needed for acne scars, so anyone who hasn't had a touch up really has no leg to stand on as far as not seeing appreciable results. But coming out WORSE for the wear is something different entirely....

The touch up is suppose to be a lighter version of the original. The quote of 80% improvement I received from Dr. Rullan was when I asked him specifically what results I could expect in my fine lines and scars with the exoderm. He said with the second day abrasion which is very important, that he thought I could get an 80% improvement. I asked his nurse Cathy, how much touch ups would be and she said $250 but she did not think I would need one due to the degree of scarring I had.

I really doubt a touch up which is a lighter version will give much improvement after no improvement in shallow scars with the stronger version. Is he charging these people who are giving him a chance to correct whatever went wrong? The touch up is a great way for him to make more money and get people to stall and hopefully go away after this stressfull dissapointing ordeal. I think some people would actually be embarassed to post after feeling like a sucker a second or third time around.

why dont you guys report him or atleast put your story in the paper, some innocent person who does not know about this site might end up scarred aswell!

jasmin - yeah, I know what you mean about the 80% - it's absurd & you DID have the touch up and ended up worse. There is someone else who is worse after the first go-round, but is trying to correct things at home & hasn't been back for the touch up; don't know if she will. Yes, all of this - to my knowledge - is at the patient's expense, but I won't swear to it. I think for the touch up the rules are as follows: even if you didn't see a difference, but did not end up worse, it costs $250; if you are somehow worse off from the exoderm, then the touch ups and/or whatever else you need to correct the damage is free. But evidently this is not what happened with you as you were charged the $250. WHAT is going on?! This is so distressing.

i have a friend in mexico who is a doctor and he told me that the entire cost of the phenol solution for a whole bottle is $35. I HAD NO IMPROVEMENT DAMN IT. im not some damn old lady. i am very familiar with what something on your face looks like before a procedure, and then after the procedure.

taking someone's money for no service given in return is immoral. dr rullan never said, "pay me 4000 and you might not get any improvement whatsoever, but lets try it anyway." HE SAID AT LEAST 50-80% IMPROVEMENT.

a dr who performs a service and it provides no improvement needs to do the right thing. if his technique is so successful, then the "handful" of patients it is not effective with could easily be reimbursed. he didnt lose any money performing my exoderrm, $35 for phenol and using a metal scraping tool didnt cost him anything significant. the powder mask costs NOTHING. the bandages cost NOTHING. what exactly were his costs? next to nothing.

Im not saying he puposefully didnt provide results. i am saying that if rullan has such faith in his procedure, then reimbursing the few it didnt work for wouldnt be asking very much from him.

jasmin - yeah, I know what you mean about the 80% - it's absurd & you DID have the touch up and ended up worse. There is someone else who is worse after the first go-round, but is trying to correct things at home & hasn't been back for the touch up; don't know if she will. Yes, all of this - to my knowledge - is at the patient's expense, but I won't swear to it. I think for the touch up the rules are as follows: even if you didn't see a difference, but did not end up worse, it costs $250; if you are somehow worse off from the exoderm, then the touch ups and/or whatever else you need to correct the damage is free. But evidently this is not what happened with you as you were charged the $250. WHAT is going on?! This is so distressing.

Did you speak to the staff regarding the costs of the touch up? Did they tell you it is $250 for you despite seeing no results in your scars? Dr. Rullan said the $250 fee should have been waived for me after I complained regarding the lack of results and worse looking skin after the touch up. It was pretty rude for them to come and charge me when I was lying down in the operating table, while his nurse Cathy took off the tape and I waited for Dr. Rullan to come and abrade my scars on the second day of the touch up.

i have a friend in mexico who is a doctor and he told me that the entire cost of the phenol solution for a whole bottle is $35. I HAD NO IMPROVEMENT DAMN IT. im not some damn old lady. i am very familiar with what something on your face looks like before a procedure, and then after the procedure.

taking someone's money for no service given in return is immoral. dr rullan never said, "pay me 4000 and you might not get any improvement whatsoever, but lets try it anyway." HE SAID AT LEAST 50-80% IMPROVEMENT.

a dr who performs a service and it provides no improvement needs to do the right thing. if his technique is so successful, then the "handful" of patients it is not effective with could easily be reimbursed. he didnt lose any money performing my exoderrm, $35 for phenol and using a metal scraping tool didnt cost him anything significant. the powder mask costs NOTHING. the bandages cost NOTHING. what exactly were his costs? next to nothing.

Im not saying he puposefully didnt provide results. i am saying that if rullan has such faith in his procedure, then reimbursing the few it didnt work for wouldnt be asking very much from him.

If his procedure can really help so many acne scarred patients like he says and he really cares about us like he has told me, then why not reimburse us after all the we have been through? That would say something about his character and his commitment to help those who are acne scarred.

what does the skin look like after a phenol peel, is it really black?

It is not black. It is really red.

i have written to dr rullan asking for my money back. im letting him keep $50 for the cost of the phenol. i am waiting for his response.

i have written to dr rullan asking for my money back. im letting him keep $50 for the cost of the phenol. i am waiting for his response.

That's really brave. Keep us updated !

jgroove - have you heard back? did you write your letter in email form or the traditional way? please let us know when/if you hear anything...

jgroove - have you heard back? did you write your letter in email form or the traditional way? please let us know when/if you hear anything...

i havent gotten a response yet. i sent a traditional mail

Bump. jgroove, have you heard back?!

Hey, what about the 60 yr old who got 2.1 million here in L.A in a lawsuit against a matchmaker who charged her six figures to deliver a rich prince charming. You would think we at least deserve to get our money back after the emotional and physical torture we were put through to see no results whatsover.

Have you looked into it? There are at least half a dozen of you in this boat; if you can find an attorney to work on contingency (she'd probably take 50% at least) it would probably work.

"A patient can return to work around 10 days after the peel". For those who have been through Dr. rullans "Award winning" phenol chemobrasion wouldn't you say that this is false advertising? This is what he is saying on his website to mislead people into thinking this peel, which he claims is highly effective for deep wrinkles and acne scars, is not the major procedure it truly is , requiring extensive downtime. Award winning peel also sounds like false advertising to me. To my knowledge this phenol chemobrasion peel has not won any award of any kind.

The brochure I received in his office advertises the Exoderm lift as being a highly effective treatment showing dramatic improvements for deep scars and deep wrinkles. In dr. rullan's paper he mentions the price of the exoderm lift is $400/3ml, sufficient only to complete 1 peel. Most of the people in the study which he claims photographic evaluation demonstrated an 80% improvement were treated with the exoderm lift by Finitzi. However in reality Dr. Rullan uses a much cheaper peel solution sold in the united states. Only 10 people in the study were treated with the venner kellson he actrually uses.

He prescribed accutane to me and did not specify how soon after the first major peel I should take it. He said it was ok to use it before the touch up and said he actually thinks it will not interefere with healing. In his paper he says patients should be off accutane 6 months prior to the procedure. He also says a nurse anesthesist should be used in his paper but in reality the nurse who administered my anesthesia was not a nurse anesthesist.

There are discrepencies between what Dr. Rullan claims in his paper and what he actually tells patients. He never mentioned to me he would not be using the exoderm lift and I mentioned this peel during the preop consults because I thought that is what he is using. The consent form I signed also mentions the exoderm lift not the venner Kellson which I actually received.

Have you looked into it? There are at least half a dozen of you in this boat; if you can find an attorney to work on contingency (she'd probably take 50% at least) it would probably work.

Guest Cubsfan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Too true. I probably need to try and round up everyone who's been burned by this. There is currently a bogus thread about how fabulous this is, so I think it's important for us to take action to prevent others from falling down this hole. Where is everyone? Jasmin? Girliegirl? jgroove?

Too true. I probably need to try and round up everyone who's been burned by this. There is currently a bogus thread about how fabulous this is, so I think it's important for us to take action to prevent others from falling down this hole. Where is everyone? Jasmin? Girliegirl? jgroove?

Jasmin, girliegirl, namrobi, whyme? and me had it done and all of us had terrible results. They are probably too depressed to come to this forum. The worst part is when you tell other members about you bad experience trying to get some support and all you get are insults. I have seen it many times. I really admire people like sword who never gives up trying to keep people away from bad decisions even when people attack him.