Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facetia

For me, this has been the most impressive OTC product EVER

This is my ode to St. Ives hydroxy peeling mask. I LOVE IT!

Okay, so this stuff is really goopy, will get stuck in your hair, takes about 30 minutes to dry, and is absolutely the worst-smelling product I have ever used. But while most skin products fail to fully live up to their grandiose claims, this mask actually seems to *exceed* expectations.

Besides this, I've used a bunch of masks and scrubs that claim to diminish scars and redmarks, and none have really impressed me. But oh my god--this stuff has instant results. When my skin is blotchy, uneven/bumpy, and flaky, I do the hydroxy mask and my skin looks comparatively amazing after I rinse it off. And there's an immediate improvement in the inflammation of my red marks/active zits. I think the mask has both alpha and beta hydroxy acids.

I have no affilitation with St. Ives. I'm not usually so obsessed with this brand--the scrubs are okay, but not so special. But I've just loved this mask so much that I thought I'd share with you guys what has worked so well for me!! :)

Good luck!

I have that stuff laying around in my bathroom. but never really used it. I read your post and gave it a try today. How long did it take to start seeing results, and how often do you use it?

I have that stuff laying around in my bathroom. but never really used it. I read your post and gave it a try today. How long did it take to start seeing results, and how often do you use it?

I use it a few times a week. I started seeing results after just a few uses!

Hey,

I'm using it again today. I'll stick with it for a while (I'll use it once a day until the bottle runs out) and see what happens. I bought it a long time ago, and just shoved it to the back of my medicine cabinet. I'm a guy so I hate buying this stuff at the store.. haha.. I always ask for products and tell the clerk it's for my girlfriend.

I don't really suffer from blackheads/whiteheads... I just have a really uneven, blotchy skin tone that I am trying to even out.

You're right about the smell though. This stuff smells awful.

huh?

I've had this stuff for a long time...i use it when i'm bored. it never really seemed to do much for my face, red marks or acne. I do like to mix it with aspirin for the aspirin mask though, because the consistancy keeps it sticking to my face. but that's about it.

and i like the smell.

meh.

huh?

I've had this stuff for a long time...i use it when i'm bored. it never really seemed to do much for my face, red marks or acne. I do like to mix it with aspirin for the aspirin mask though, because the consistancy keeps it sticking to my face. but that's about it.

and i like the smell.

meh.

Yeah. I used it once every day for the last ten days. No change in my skin tone. I think I'll throw it out now.