Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loki

tca cross "frost" question

I applied 100% TCA on 3 of my scars today. I put the toothpick in twice because the first time it seemed like the toothpick went completely dry. I counted 1 thousand 2 thou, I think I read to do that somewhere. Nothing happened at all. No white frosting. No scabbing. Should I have left it there longer? Pressed down harder? I felt like if I pressed harder it would make the hole worse. The acid should have done something right? I got the impression that people didn't leave it on their scars for more than a couple seconds. Ugh. Leave it to me to do the easiest procedure incorrectly. :wall:

loki,

Where did you get the 100% TCA from? Even 50% should easily turn your skin white. Sounds like you did it right just wonder about the TCA you got. Scabs don't form until the 3rd day or so. Some people don't even form scabs.

Is the area even red?

I got it from the same place as Femini mala est. My tca peels. Hmmm, maybe I should have immersed the toothpick for longer and let it soak in the tca or something?

loki,

Where did you get the 100% TCA from? Even 50% should easily turn your skin white. Sounds like you did it right just wonder about the TCA you got. Scabs don't form until the 3rd day or so. Some people don't even form scabs.

Is the area even red?

I got a small bottle of 100% so it was possible to let the end of the toothpick soak for a few minutes. Take the toothpick out and make sure it is not dripping but yet saturated at the end. I applied the toothpick to the inside of the scar untill I felt a slight burning. I didn't really poke it hard though some do. I applied it to the scar for around 5 seconds. Maybe less. I reapplied it to assure I got the entire inside of the scar. The first time I ordered tca it was definetly weak and didn't produce a frost. I reordered from another company on ebay. It was strong, created a frost but no real scab. I tried it again a few weeks later and did get a scab but it was lightish in color and it rescabbed again and possibly a third time. I am not noticing much yet but it takes time. I think the key to this procedure is caution and patience.... It has been around 2 weeks since the successful second cross. I plan on spacing them out at around 4 week intervals. I believe this is the time that is recommended.

tryingstill--Thanks so much for the reply! I hope this isn't watered down stuff :( How long has the down time been for you?

I got a small bottle of 100% so it was possible to let the end of the toothpick soak for a few minutes. Take the toothpick out and make sure it is not dripping but yet saturated at the end. I applied the toothpick to the inside of the scar untill I felt a slight burning. I didn't really poke it hard though some do. I applied it to the scar for around 5 seconds. Maybe less. I reapplied it to assure I got the entire inside of the scar. The first time I ordered tca it was definetly weak and didn't produce a frost. I reordered from another company on ebay. It was strong, created a frost but no real scab. I tried it again a few weeks later and did get a scab but it was lightish in color and it rescabbed again and possibly a third time. I am not noticing much yet but it takes time. I think the key to this procedure is caution and patience.... It has been around 2 weeks since the successful second cross. I plan on spacing them out at around 4 week intervals. I believe this is the time that is recommended.