Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbawston

little bro might be getting acne

i'm like.. sitting here crying because my little brother is 14 and the nicest boy in the entire world and i mean, i can barely take acne.. and i have very minimal acne compared to what my father had... but i really think my brother is going to be hit hard by it, and i care about him so much and it makes me really sad to think that he might have to endure this HELL. i guess i'll just pray for him every day. he is the last person that deserves it. he's already pretty antisocial as it is and just entering high school... i'm moving out soon and i'm just so worried about him. my family is nuts too. i don't want to leave him but i have to get out. i just pray to god that he won't suffer as much as i did.

just felt like sharing.

It shows that you're a good person, the worry you feel.

Sharing is good. That's what this forum is here for - keep sharing. :)

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Maybe educate him on correct skin care. Let him know that it's not advisable to get on-board the acne products consumer train! Teach him about gentle washing, treating methods etc..

Quite possibly steer him in the direction of this site, let some people know his username and we can look out for him.

Good point, GTO. I was so ignorant of proper skin care - I'd been taught to wash three times a day and THEN pour loads of alcohol onto my skin. Definatly the wrong way to go.

Your brother is lucky to have someone who is not only concerned, but in a position to help him.

Aww..I would be worried too. Sometimes when I feel really down about my skin I think, "I hope that I get all the acne so my brother never has to go through this". I really hope that whatever pimple he were to get, I get now.

i'm like.. sitting here crying because my little brother is 14 and the nicest boy in the entire world and i mean, i can barely take acne.. and i have very minimal acne compared to what my father had... but i really think my brother is going to be hit hard by it, and i care about him so much and it makes me really sad to think that he might have to endure this HELL. i guess i'll just pray for him every day. he is the last person that deserves it. he's already pretty antisocial as it is and just entering high school... i'm moving out soon and i'm just so worried about him. my family is nuts too. i don't want to leave him but i have to get out. i just pray to god that he won't suffer as much as i did.

just felt like sharing.

Your brother has 1 advantage you never had; Knowledge. You have already been through this and can help him, and your parents have already been through this and will take him to a dermatologist sooner.

yeah, i know what you mean about feeling bad. i dont have any siblings but i always worry about my younger cousin. he's 12 now and has nice skin.. but i had nice skin until i was 18

get him on the CSR asap. IMO if i got on the CSR i wouldnt have ever needed a derm and probably could have avoided accutane and other perscription medications.