Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I have recently noticed that on the bottom of my cheeks, near my jawbone I am starting to get spider vein type things. I'm not overweight, and my face is proportioned pretty well. I do have what they call "apple cheeks" but that's about it. I was just wondering in anyone else has these and if you might know of a product to get rid of them. They aren't really bad, like ones that some people can get on their legs or somewhere like that. They are invisible when I wear foundation, but it's an insecurity w/ myself when I'm walking around w/o makeup on that I want to treat now. I thought maybe it was caused by sleeping w/ my head to the side while laying on my back. I don't know...crazy hypothesis I guess. Let me know if you know what I mean. Thanks.

i've never had this but i hear laser threapy can help...maybe you should see the doctor about it? Its something with quite a lot of possible treatments available :cool: good luckkk

I was what is known as a "flush blusher". I used to get a "mask" type redness across my cheeks and nose when I got hot, and it was extremely noticeable. I went to many doctors, tried pills, antibiotics, creams, topicals, etc, etc...nothing worked.

I got 3 treatments of IPL Photfacial, and now it has completely disappeared. This is great for spiderveins also.

Hi -

If they are spider veins, they are very treatable with laser surgery. It is a safe procedure and it works very well (it works best on lighter skin tones). I had it done for veins along my nose last week. I am thrilled with the results. Minimal after effects, just some redness for a couple hours. And now these veins I had for almost 2 years are GONE!! I was told by the nurse who did my laser surgery that these are generally caused by cumulative sun damage.

Yes, this is pretty much the same thing as I was describing that I got. If you want more detailed info to look it up on the net, search "Intense Pulse Laser" and "Photofacial".

Hope this helps.

Okay, I have recently noticed that on the bottom of my cheeks, near my jawbone I am starting to get spider vein type things. I'm not overweight, and my face is proportioned pretty well. I do have what they call "apple cheeks" but that's about it. I was just wondering in anyone else has these and if you might know of a product to get rid of them. They aren't really bad, like ones that some people can get on their legs or somewhere like that. They are invisible when I wear foundation, but it's an insecurity w/ myself when I'm walking around w/o makeup on that I want to treat now. I thought maybe it was caused by sleeping w/ my head to the side while laying on my back. I don't know...crazy hypothesis I guess. Let me know if you know what I mean. Thanks.

What you are describing could be rosacea. Check with your MD. No meds (OTC) really work for this. Some things can make it worse- like getting extremely hot, drinking alcohol or hot drinks, taking hot showers or baths, and stress. The spider vein part may respond to laser, but if you don't treat rosacea, you could get MORE of the broken veins.

http://www.medsinmakeup.com

It's not rosacea...for sure. My skin is as white as possibly could be. I have red marks from acne, but that's it. They are spider veins. How much do these laser treatments cost you guys?

Do you have medical insurance? I am insured through Kaiser, and although they did not cover the cost of the procedure I think it was less expensive than it would be to have it done at an outside clinic. There was a $150 fee, plus an additional $1 for each laser zap. I needed about 50 zaps to do mine (which surprised me, because the veins weren't very big). So my total cost was $200. I think some clinics may charge based on the time length of the procedure as well.

I heard Vitamin K creams or syrums work wonders on spider veins. Is this true?

I never tried vitamin K, but based on the research I did before I had my laser surgery, vitamin K doesn't really work. It may not hurt to try it, but I wouldn't expect drastic results. If you are able to do the surgery, it really is worth it. The results are pretty much immediate. Most of the veins (and redness) were gone by the time I got home after the procedure.

a complete appearance freak I know underwent this IPL and he highly recommends it. I will undergo it once my acne is under control.