Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaz (charlotte)

just need some encouragement i guess

hey there, i have suffered from acne on my face and back since i was bout 13. (i got rid of the acne on my back by sun burn) which gave me alot of confidence but now its come back. i'm now nearly 19. the acne got alot better on its own when i was bout 16. i never used to care what my face looked like when i had acne at 13-15. when i began to use makeup at 16, i did not realise that u had to cleanse tone and moisturise before putting on makeup. i got so used to wearing makeup that i would not been seen with out it anywher. i used to hide under the covers if my bf slept round and put foundation on. now i'm suffering the consequences.

in july last year when i had jst turned 18, my acne got alot worse. my cheeks and forehead were the worst. i clogged up my face with makeup. i went to the docs and she prescribed me antiboitoics which got rid some of the spots. today, i cant even let any one look at me from the side of my face. i can hardly tie up my hair coz i hate the sides of my face. i dont have acne scars. itseither red or i have new spots. just as i think i might be getting rid of some of the spots, another bunch come up on my face. i'm so sick of it. i wash my face every night with neutrogena 2 in 1 face wash and mask. i am now comfortable with wearing no makeup but only if its to work or if i'm in my house. some of the redness is on my neck ...everyday acne is in a different place on my face. i cant explain it but i'm sure u guys understand. to cover the redness...i put camomile lotion on my face which dries white and at least it makes me feel better that i cant see the redness. all ican do sometimes is keep checking in mirrors to check if a new spot is there or redness. which makes me feel worse. i'm so happy in my life as i have the most wonderful boyfriend...but deep down my face ruins things for me. he has gorgeous skin. i just wait for the day when i step out of that shower and i dont have spots. i wait for the day when my skin is so smooth. i'm sick of hiding my face. its worse today. i sometimes use bp on my face, or tea tree. i find that gets rid of bigger spots that havent come through the skin yet but not the red marks and other spots. i just need people to talk to who r in the similar situation to help me. thanks for reading, really appreciate it. love chazzy

hey there, i have suffered from acne on my face and back since i was bout 13. (i got rid of the acne on my back by sun burn) which gave me alot of confidence but now its come back. i'm now nearly 19. the acne got alot better on its own when i was bout 16. i never used to care what my face looked like when i had acne at 13-15. when i began to use makeup at 16, i did not realise that u had to cleanse tone and moisturise before putting on makeup. i got so used to wearing makeup that i would not been seen with out it anywher. i used to hide under the covers if my bf slept round and put foundation on. now i'm suffering the consequences.

in july last year when i had jst turned 18, my acne got alot worse. my cheeks and forehead were the worst. i clogged up my face with makeup. i went to the docs and she prescribed me antiboitoics which got rid some of the spots. today, i cant even let any one look at me from the side of my face. i can hardly tie up my hair coz i hate the sides of my face. i dont have acne scars. itseither red or i have new spots. just as i think i might be getting rid of some of the spots, another bunch come up on my face. i'm so sick of it. i wash my face every night with neutrogena 2 in 1 face wash and mask. i am now comfortable with wearing no makeup but only if its to work or if i'm in my house. some of the redness is on my neck ...everyday acne is in a different place on my face. i cant explain it but i'm sure u guys understand. to cover the redness...i put camomile lotion on my face which dries white and at least it makes me feel better that i cant see the redness. all ican do sometimes is keep checking in mirrors to check if a new spot is there or redness. which makes me feel worse. i'm so happy in my life as i have the most wonderful boyfriend...but deep down my face ruins things for me. he has gorgeous skin. i just wait for the day when i step out of that shower and i dont have spots. i wait for the day when my skin is so smooth. i'm sick of hiding my face. its worse today. i sometimes use bp on my face, or tea tree. i find that gets rid of bigger spots that havent come through the skin yet but not the red marks and other spots. i just need people to talk to who r in the similar situation to help me. thanks for reading, really appreciate it. love chazzy

i feel the same way chazzy! i am so envious of the girls that tie their hair back and think nothing of it...i wont even tie it up when i'm working out at the gym. i understand totally about the makeout, and not feeling comfortable without it...all us girls on the board understand! i'm glad the BP and tea tree oil has been working for you...i have a few red spots left too, but with patience, they will fade. try neutrogena's fading acne peel, i hear that works really well for most people. try to remember that your bf loves you for who you are, be confident and hold that head up high!

i feel the same way chazzy! i am so envious of the girls that tie their hair back and think nothing of it...i wont even tie it up when i'm working out at the gym. i understand totally about the makeout, and not feeling comfortable without it...all us girls on the board understand! i'm glad the BP and tea tree oil has been working for you...i have a few red spots left too, but with patience, they will fade. try neutrogena's fading acne peel, i hear that works really well for most people. try to remember that your bf loves you for who you are, be confident and hold that head up high!

As I read your post I definitely felt your pain. I used to have clear skin until last year. I started suffering cystic and nodular acne out of the blue. I have made an appt with a dermy, but i won't see him until next month! I too am sick of hiding my face....I used to be so outgoing and fun, but now I simply hide and avoid social situations altogether. My bf is also absolutely wonderful reminding that I am beautiful and that "this will all pass." This experience has changed me tremendously in several aspects. When (and if) "this all passes" I'm going to see life a little sweeter. Let's see how it goes.

cheers guys...well i'm from the uk, so i get free docs...but when i did go to the doctors she said that there was no point in going to a derm coz he wuld jst give the same stuff as she would. so i was like ok then :S do you feel you have to cover your face too? how old r u guys? thanks for the support

i'm 23...and i've had acne for almost 5 years now. i'm not sure how they do it in the UK, but in the US, the derms can presribe a lot more medications for acne...my regular doc didnt seem to know as much...in fact, i felt like i was being rushed out the office. you may want to try a derm anyway if you start to feel that your doc isnt taking the time with you like they should and feel like their recommendations/prescriptions arent working...

As I read your post I definitely felt your pain. I used to have clear skin until last year. I started suffering cystic and nodular acne out of the blue. I have made an appt with a dermy, but i won't see him until next month! I too am sick of hiding my face....I used to be so outgoing and fun, but now I simply hide and avoid social situations altogether. My bf is also absolutely wonderful reminding that I am beautiful and that "this will all pass." This experience has changed me tremendously in several aspects. When (and if) "this all passes" I'm going to see life a little sweeter. Let's see how it goes.