Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smileydiva

physician's formula mineral makeup

just bought the pressed poweder...hated the loose powder and the liquid...any comments/opinions on this brand? :whistle:

why did you hate the loose powder/liquid?

I *love* the loose powder mineral wear stuff. It's been fantastic for me. I didn't think it would be pale enough, but I got the Translucent Light and it's perfect (I have worn L'Oreal True Match in n1 and BE in Fairly Light, for color reference).

Anyway, I can't say enough about the loose powder. I do not use that scratchy brush that comes with it, though. It feels like it's made from donkey-tail hair! Absolutely terrible. I use a BE Kabuki and do the swirl/tap/buff thing, and it works like perfection. Better finish than the BE makeup for me (which I've been wearing off-and-on for years), and actually seems to clear and calm my skin.

In the pressed version, I got the same great results. I'm not crazy about the two-level compact it's in. I pry the pan out and put it in a travel compact I got at Sephora for about ten bucks. But the makeup itself -- love, Love, LOVE. I usually wear the loose, but on mornings when I've overslept and have to do my makeup in the bathroom when I get to work or something, the pressed is great. It covers really well but doesn't cake. I get a bit shiny about five hours later and blot with a Clean & Clear sheet, and then touch up VERY lightly with a powder brush.

I find that when I use this makeup, I don't need great light to put it on because it blends so softly. My skin is clearer and my pores are MUCH less congested since I've been using it. I don't really get breakouts (except during menstruation -- and those are doozies), but my pores clog up really easily. When I use a baby wipe at night to take this stuff off, it barely shows on the towel. It doesn't build up on my face or turn orange during the day. When I take it off it's the same color on the towel as it is in the pan. I definitely recommend the loose and pressed versions of this.

However, I think the liquid is horrendous. I used it for one day and it dehydrated my skin to the point of causing pain. And it changed color on me in about two hours. Did not like the sponge applicator; I just squeezed some out onto my fingers. When I tried to blend it in, it dried almost before I could finish. I hated it. Returned to Walgreens for refund the next day.

Liz

I just started using the liquid foundation and the pressed powder. Haven't used it long enough to see the effects on my acne, but as far as covering up the acne - AWESOME. Especially the pressed powder. Best stuff I've found.

just bought the pressed poweder...hated the loose powder and the liquid...any comments/opinions on this brand? :whistle:

why did you hate the loose powder/liquid?

the loose powder was messy and didn't give me good coverage...the liquid was just gross