Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spb

Clearasil Ultra Products

Hi, i've seen the Clearasil Ultra adverts on the tele and was wondering if anyone has used these products and if it help mild acne? if so would you recommend it? i'm currently using Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash and Mask which is very good and will be happy to stick to it, but just wondering if its worth trying Clearasil.

Thanks!

Guest Fraser

clearasil ultra facial wash actually makes acne worse. it irriates the hell out of ure skin. the topical cream with salicylic acid is good tho, just don't combine it with bp.

so do u recommend boots "act" cleansing bar?

i use the boots act moisturizer

Guest Fraser

There are loads of good cleansers out there. Just use one which is gentle and non comedogenic (doesn't contain stuff like perfume which aggravate acne). I use the Simple foaming facial wash which is good. i personally cant advise on the boots act one but ive heard good stuff about it.

I think a few users here use the ACT cleansing bar and find it to be rather good, but some have commented that it can be quite drying :)

its not taht drying

wash like dan does in the video

literally

gently on

then rinse an thats it

an u wont dry

if u scrub ur face with it then ul dry out yea

OK well I've ordered two bars of that and two tubes of Dans BP as well so I'll see if it makes any difference.

Do you get your eucerin from the UK?

Yep, the one alot of UK'ers use is available from Boots and is called Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% urea, its rather good and contains AHA aswell so is good for fading red marks :)

yea i use the same eucerin product as janiete

or she uses the same product as me. depending on who is cooler lol

but yea its really good man

i got some photos of how much 2 use an stuf so once u got it pm me if u want an il help ya out

yea i use the same eucerin product as janiete

or she uses the same product as me. depending on who is cooler lol

but yea its really good man

i got some photos of how much 2 use an stuf so once u got it pm me if u want an il help ya out

Obviously that would be me, lol :)

You could always start the regimen with a BP available in the UK such as Oxy On the Spot or PanOxyl if you wanted to start it asap and then switch when your CSR gel arrives :)

I've used clearasil ultra deep pore cleansing wash for over a year now and it's been really really good. When i had lots of active spots (quite large), and lots of redness, this stuff got rid of most of the redness and I was A LOT happier afterwards. It's quite coarse in that it's got granules which help exfoliate. Recently I've been scrubbing quite hard with this stuff (after reading the Jessfoliation thread), and it's made my skin really smooth, and seems to help even more with red marks....

also using another clearasil product which to spot treat, contains peroxide. not too sure how potent it is, but im relying on it for a big one that's coming up now...

I use the wash and ultra treatment cream- they both do seem to help. I have mild to moderate acne, and although they dont get rid of it completely, they do keep it tame- I notice that when I stop using them or run out I get major breakouts. Right now I'm being prescribed Differin, but I don't think it's really strong enough for my skin...My friend has been prescribed PanOxyl, and it cleared up his acne in a matter of weeks- he had really bad acne, lots of yellowheads and cysts. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy PanOxyl in the UK without a prescription? And if so, where from?

Thanks. Any advice on which strength? I have a few whiteheads, lots of blackheads, and recurring cysts on my nose...

2.5% and get the cream not the aquagel.

You may thing that's not strong enough but any stronger and your skin is probably going to be very flaky and red.